2,781 grafts with Dr. Diep

m0dthispny

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is a 5.5 month update. i've started growing out the hair on top, currently at a #5 guard, longest my hair has been in years! i love the hairline design, it suits my face perfectly.

a few observations however, my native hair is really dense so I hope once the transplanted hair matures the next 6 months, it gets close to the density of my native hair. there are also some parts that are lagging behind, mostly my right side near my temple point and near my old hairline but looks like those hairs have not come out yet.

also, i've noticed the transplanted hair comes out at the correct angle (forward), but then it curls back instead of going straight up. this gives the impression that the transplanted hairs length is shorter than the native hair. (you can see this in my pic) While I expect late bloomer hair to obviously be shorter, I hope this is just since the hair is still fairly young and will straighten out within the next 6 months once it matures. what are you guys' thoughts on this? the hair from my donor area is straight which is why I think it's curly because of the current stage of hair growth

photo.jpg

here is 5 months 3 weeks out.

noticing the implanted hair is getting straighter, which is awesome. density is definitely improving and under my bathrooms harsh light using a handheld mirror, the implanted hair is starting to really blend with the native hair. while it wont completely match the native density, it should hopefully be close enough! 100% of the grafts have not come through yet, still some weaker spots but i know still have plenty of time.

also one thing to keep in mind that my hairline was lowered about an inch too in the front, so it wasn't just my receding corners.

here are some pics, in different lighting conditions, including an ultra close under harsh bathroom lighting.

photo_5.jpg

photo_4.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

ladies and gents, here is my 6 months post-op update.

Roller-coaster, if i could choose one word to describe HT recovery, it would be roller-coaster. I'm super excited and stoked right now, but who knows in a few days, I might be down again, but then in a few weeks, love the results.

The implanted hair is finally starting to grow, finally starting to get thicker and straight, and finally starting to blend really well with the native hair. Will it match the density? No, but it's hardly noticeable. I keep hearing months 6-12, the results look even better and you see bigger changes, so I'm very excited.

hard to believe this was just 3 months ago!

photo.jpg

photo_3.jpg

photo_1.jpg

photo_2.jpg

Thanks for the update! Did the Dr tell you what density he transplanted you at? 25cm or 35cm sq?

Your hair looks to be filling in nicely. Also did the Dr say you will need a second HT for density or did he mention anything about future loss in other native hairs that you will most likely need another HT?

Thanks for the update! Did the Dr tell you what density he transplanted you at? 25cm or 35cm sq?

Your hair looks to be filling in nicely. Also did the Dr say you will need a second HT for density or did he mention anything about future loss in other native hairs that you will most likely need another HT?

i don't have the density info unfortunately.

he did say that the more hair you put, the more dense it will be, but i don't plan on doing another HT to match my native density, but down the line if i do lose more hair i will probably go in for another HT, but who knows, as of now i'm just looking forward to the next 6 months, will think about the future down the line.

Congrats!! I'm almost at 4 months and have close to the same graft count from Dr. Diep and similar hair loss pattern. This thread has been fantastic since it gives me a fairly accurate preview of each stage, super excited to hit the 6 month mark! Congrats man, looks fantastic and convinces me that Diep was money well spent.

Congrats!! I'm almost at 4 months and have close to the same graft count from Dr. Diep and similar hair loss pattern. This thread has been fantastic since it gives me a fairly accurate preview of each stage, super excited to hit the 6 month mark! Congrats man, looks fantastic and convinces me that Diep was money well spent.

thank you!

i know since this HT was done by diep and not rahal or shapiro, i'm not expecting a lot of replies here, but i know there are other patients out there that find my threads useful, which is why i do it :)

thank you!

i know since this HT was done by diep and not rahal or shapiro, i'm not expecting a lot of replies here, but i know there are other patients out there that find my threads useful, which is why i do it :)

Hey,

Thank you so much for this thread. It was very useful. I just had FUE with Dr. Diep last wednesday and cant wait for the results.

Question, are you taking any meds (propecia, rogaine, etc) ?

thank you!

Congrats and it should continue to thicken and mature in the coming months.

I like quite a few results from Dr. Diep, and there are always more lurkers out there than you think. Keep posting your updates

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Hey,

Thank you so much for this thread. It was very useful. I just had FUE with Dr. Diep last wednesday and cant wait for the results.

Question, are you taking any meds (propecia, rogaine, etc) ?

thanks!

just remember, it's a long road, just be patient!!

as far as meds, not taking anything, only vitamins.

b-complex, biotin, fish oil, and mens 1 a day.

Thanks for this thread. I want a HT and from UK spoke to Dr Diep a year back and considering going. Only thing stopping me is my work getting time off and just general fear really. Plus the flight is an added hassle. But Dr Diep is the surgeon for me. Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

hi everyone, here is 6 months 2 weeks update. still seeing improvements on a daily basis, hair is getting thicker, straighter, and filling in quite nice. it's funny at work how noticeable my hair growth has become, at least one person a day comments on how nice and full and thick it's looking. best investment ever, my confidence has skyrocketed. density to native hair is matching up quite nice too, my right side is lagging a little behind the left side but guessing things will eventually even up.

37_6months2weeks_2.jpg

39_6months2weeks.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have a procedure with Dr Diep scheduled on the 25 of August. This site has helped me tremendously in knowing what to look for and what all to avoid. I chose Dr. Diep after consulting with two other Doctors, one being a coalition member and the other being a Doctor not very popular with the forum members. The results from his patients, now including the great one you are experiencing, lead me to choose him for my surgery. His hairlines are natural, but more importantly, he frames the face perfectly to the individual. That can be more important than density at least in my book. Thank you for taking the time and effort in sharing this information and helping those of us whom choose Dr Diep to do so confidently.

Thanks to the moderators for this great site.

BMB

I'm surprised this doctor has not been mentioned more often on this site. I always read about Dr. Umar when it comes to California doctors. I think Dr. Diep is one to watch. I will say though, I think his website needs some sprucing up. He definitely would benefit from a site makeover. Congrats man, it's looking good! :D

I have a procedure with Dr Diep scheduled on the 25 of August. This site has helped me tremendously in knowing what to look for and what all to avoid. I chose Dr. Diep after consulting with two other Doctors, one being a coalition member and the other being a Doctor not very popular with the forum members. The results from his patients, now including the great one you are experiencing, lead me to choose him for my surgery. His hairlines are natural, but more importantly, he frames the face perfectly to the individual. That can be more important than density at least in my book. Thank you for taking the time and effort in sharing this information and helping those of us whom choose Dr Diep to do so confidently.

Thanks to the moderators for this great site.

BMB

yep, the hairline height and position is perfect. a lot of HT doctors use a cookie cutter hairline height and position, but Dr. Diep really changes them based off your facial characteristics.

I'm surprised this doctor has not been mentioned more often on this site. I always read about Dr. Umar when it comes to California doctors. I think Dr. Diep is one to watch. I will say though, I think his website needs some sprucing up. He definitely would benefit from a site makeover. Congrats man, it's looking good! :D

i think the issue is there are a few members here in this forum that have constantly bashed dr. diep, so generally i feel his work has been shunned on this forum. is his work perfect? nope, there can definitely be some improvements, but overall I feel he is a great doctor.

so here are pics before i went on vacation, 6 months 3 weeks post op.

a week after these pics, on vacation, for some god awful reason i shaved my entire head with a #2.5 guard all over!!!!!!! needless to say, when you have HT, you get the full effect when the hair is long, so needless to say, i'm going through a mini ugly duckling period again. one thing i noticed though, is i feel that not all of the grafts have come out yet, i guess as the hair got longer, it either hides the missing areas or the hair needs to be long for the grafts to come out straight and not curl around, so some areas are lighter than others. i know the hair will grow back, but just sucks since the hair was finally getting nice and long.

40_6months3weeks.jpg

42_6months3weeks.jpg

43_6months3weeks3days.jpg