2,781 grafts with Dr. Diep

m0dthispny

Dr. Diep does a zig zag with single hair follicles in the front.

this is what it should hopefully look like when the hair grows back.

tv4c.jpg

From this picture, the hair line doesn't even look natural :S and I can see the implanted hair is in a bad angle. And Shiner is right, this is extreme zig zig.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a FUE with Diep on Friday and also got the zig zags. Maybe not as pronounced though at m0dthispny. Logic is that a smooth hairline is not normal/realistic...some irregularity is more realistic. Anyhow, months down the road post "shock loss" when my hair is stabilized and *if* I see "triangles" on my hairline, I'll shave them off in a few seconds with my beard shaver. Not end of the world :)

Mod,

Thanks for the update!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

here is 38 days post op.

redness in recipient area is going away, and donor area looks good unless under direct light. still has some redness, but it's going away slowly.

photo_2.jpg

photo_1.jpg

At this point would it be safe to buzz your native hair but not touch any recipient area?

What are you using for redness? Aloe and vitamin e still?

stopped using it for now. i'm taking antibiotics and a topical gel he prescribed to get rid of some pimples that formed in the donor area, so nothing for now.

also as an FYI, i just used aloe on the recipient area like 2x only.

Edited by m0dthispny

m0dthisphy: Question for you related to the pimples. In the donor area I have 2 bumps that are somewhat painful. They are purplish in color...not whitehead sort of pimples teenagers get. Also maybe 1/2 centimeter in diameter.

Is this also what you had? If so I guess you antibiotics...and if so, did it clear up the pimples?

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
m0dthisphy: Question for you related to the pimples. In the donor area I have 2 bumps that are somewhat painful. They are purplish in color...not whitehead sort of pimples teenagers get. Also maybe 1/2 centimeter in diameter.

Is this also what you had? If so I guess you antibiotics...and if so, did it clear up the pimples?

Thx!

sorry for the late reply, did the bumps clear?

the bumps i had weren't really pimples either, just red dots that were slightly painful if i touched it (painful like a mosquito bite).

the medicine cleared most of them, the dr. said pimples will come in go within the next year.

i would take pics of them and skype with the Dr, he prescribed the medication over skype.

A friend took a close look at the bumps and said they could not see any redness at all. So I guess it is something deeper under the skin. Anyhow, I only had to do a phone call with Diep about a week ago and they hooked me up with antibiotics. Doxycyclin pills and erythromycin (spelling?) gel. As of today, most of the bumps went away, but 1 or 2 persist.

Also, I am at day ~21 and still redness in the donor area. Like you, I just gotta be patient with it....

A friend took a close look at the bumps and said they could not see any redness at all. So I guess it is something deeper under the skin. Anyhow, I only had to do a phone call with Diep about a week ago and they hooked me up with antibiotics. Doxycyclin pills and erythromycin (spelling?) gel. As of today, most of the bumps went away, but 1 or 2 persist.

Also, I am at day ~21 and still redness in the donor area. Like you, I just gotta be patient with it....

yep i was prescribed the same thing.

i still have some redness in donor area, especially under direct light.

just gotta give our bodies time to do it's thing!

• 2 weeks later...

just wanted to drop a quick update.

i'm seeing growth!!!! i can see little hairs sprout out all over, so really excited. some of the hairs that did not shed have become really long and i just trim them to the length that i cut may hair.

the donor area is still a bit red, it's getting better, and i know recoveries vary by person. this is mostly visible under bright light. recipient area redness is going away too..

Thank you for keeping us updated!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

here are some updated pics.

these are about 9 weeks post-op.

the first pic isn't as clear, but shows the hairline design, which i love. pretty straight with a very slight arch.

photo_1.jpg

here is a closer pic in higher resolution. what's interesting is the hairs that did not shed are kind of all over the place, but the small hairs that are growing are in the correct direction of hair. i know eventually the straggler hairs will grow in the correct direction.

photo_2.jpg

i also had some shock loss but looks like it's filling back up!

excited for the next stage of my post-op.

Here is my 3 month post-op pic. Hair is definitely growing, I'm really excited!

I also think I need to change my threads title to 'Fue performed by Dr. Maral'. Seems he gets more action on these forums. Either way I will continue to post these as I would like to track my progress myself.

photo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi, haven't posted much since nobody seems to care unless the surgeon is Maral or Lorenzo , but here are some almost 5 months post-op updates since I figured there are quite a few Diep patients here.

these pics were taken 4 months and 3 weeks post-op, with flash on, so it's about the worst type of lighting you can get, but overall very pleased with the results so far. There are still some areas that are lagging behind, mostly where the implanted and pre-op hairline meet, but i know with time it will all fill out.

as you can see, i've gone quite a ways since before the surgery, best decision ever.

Also, i have been blow drying my hair daily after i shower and combing my hair back as i would like to slick it back once it grows out, which is why the direction is going back.

22_4months3weeks4days.jpg

20_4months3weeks4days.jpg

21_4months3weeks4days.jpg

23_4months3weeks4days.jpg

Your hair transplant looks good so far. Once it grows in softer a year would your transplanted hair blend in with your native hair as for as density to density or did dr diep say you would need another transplant

Your hair transplant looks good so far. Once it grows in softer a year would your transplanted hair blend in with your native hair as for as density to density or did dr diep say you would need another transplant

well the more you put in, the more dense it will be, but i dont anticipate on doing another surgery, just no need to as i already look so much better than before the surgery.

i'm pleased with the results thus far and pretty sure will see notable changes the next 7 months too.