Could I please get opinions of FUE vs FUT?

Basically, the amount of hair I want to lower my hairline by should be about 2055 grafts at 55 grafts/cm and I'd just like opinions on the two techniques.

My current planned surgeons are Dr Radha and Dr Bhatti, both in India

How visible is the FUT scar? How large is it? Like, is it a noticeable bald strip on the back of the head? Some images I've seen have made it look pretty big.

Has anyone here had a bad result with either surgeon?

Also how much is Dr Bhatti actually per graft? Despite the site saying USD1.20, I've received an email also saying 100INR or 1.6USD. He seems to be kind of inconsistent with his prices.

• 1 month later...
Basically, the amount of hair I want to lower my hairline by should be about 2055 grafts at 55 grafts/cm and I'd just like opinions on the two techniques.

My current planned surgeons are Dr Radha and Dr Bhatti, both in India

How visible is the FUT scar? How large is it? Like, is it a noticeable bald strip on the back of the head? Some images I've seen have made it look pretty big.

Has anyone here had a bad result with either surgeon?

Also how much is Dr Bhatti actually per graft? Despite the site saying USD1.20, I've received an email also saying 100INR or 1.6USD. He seems to be kind of inconsistent with his prices.

As per my last visit on Dr. Bhatti's website, he was INR 70 per head graft. And Dr. Bhatti is FUE only.

Did you happen to come across pictures of Dr. Radha's strip scars?

For only 2,055 grafts, I would first explore the FUE avenue. Check the links in my signature for a detailed comparison between the two.

The risk with FUT is significantly higher IMO. With a good result, you will have a noticeable line/scar on the back of your head when shaved. You will not be able to cut your hair very short because of this. It is much easier to get depressed at your result when you feel disfigured, and a long scar on the back of your head can accomplish that. Then there is also a possibility you will scar aggressively (it will stretch) and you can end up with a disaster on the back of your head. There are many happy people with FUT, but again... the risk is a lot higher than with FUE.

The main advantage with FUT over FUE is... arguably a few percent higher yield. I used the word "arguably" beacuse while it may be true in general, it varies from surgeon to surgeon. You also cannot really see the difference between a 95% yield and 98% yield. The other advantage is you can harvest a larger amount of maximum hair... and it shows, because again there is a noticeable scar on the back of your head with 0 density.

I personally do not believe there is any situation where FUT is warranted. Even in some hypothetical scenario where you needed FUT to harvest maximum hairs, I would still argue either compromise with FUE... or don't get a HT.

My 2 cents.

FUT is going to to give you a linear scar. This will be noticeable if your hair is short.

FUE spreads your scarring out, usually making it less noticeable as long as you are not over harvested and allows you to cut your hair shorter.

FUT will give you a larger single session harvest usually and as for how thick your scar is it depends on your healing quality, post op care, and the doctor that you chose. Mine is pretty much pencil thin and I have posted a photo of it on my website.

You will have to shave the back and sides of your hair for FUE. If you are OK with that then I would choose DR. Bhatti out of the 2 that you listed and go FUE. The prices that you stated are ridiculously cheap.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.