For Indian hair transplant, is it safe to travel to india alone?

Basically, I've heard that India can be dangerous for tourists in occasion, and being 5'7" and 110 pounds, I'm not exactly aggressive looking or great with self defence.

I've been planning a transplant with either Radha (Visakaputam) or Bahtti or Reviva Clinic (Chandigarh) with plans of staying for about 8 days after the transplant is completed.

My plan was to get food and etc before the operation and basically live in the motel afterwards until it's safe to take a long plane trip home (like 8 days post op).

So yeah, my question again, is it safe to come to India alone? Anyone with experience?

I was fine travelling alone to New York (so called volcano of organised crime) so I'm sure you'll be fine going to India as long as you are sensible.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

I assume you are a female..If you book yourself into decent hotels, everything should be fine. If you are a man, then no issues at all. The only strong advice is to make sure you get your local transport i.e. Cab/Taxis booked thorough proper agencies. On the roads during day time or night time in crowded areas, it is much safer than most american cities. Most crimes against women if you notice happens in moving cars. So make sure you book cabs/taxis through a reputed operator.

Basically, I've heard that India can be dangerous for tourists in occasion, and being 5'7" and 110 pounds, I'm not exactly aggressive looking or great with self defence.

I've been planning a transplant with either Radha (Visakaputam) or Bahtti or Reviva Clinic (Chandigarh) with plans of staying for about 8 days after the transplant is completed.

My plan was to get food and etc before the operation and basically live in the motel afterwards until it's safe to take a long plane trip home (like 8 days post op).

So yeah, my question again, is it safe to come to India alone? Anyone with experience?

Hello.

For females travelling to India alone (especially for the first time), it makes sense to be careful and cautious. India is probably as safe as any other South East Asian country. That said, I suggest that you do most of your travel by air. You can fly into New Delhi (or any other International Airport such as Mumbai, Chennai etc) and then catch a domestic flight to your destination. Spice Jet (www.spicejet.com) is a pretty reliable and economical domestic airline. You can also ask for the doctors office to send someone (hopefully someone from their staff) to meet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel. Ask the doctors office to have the person receiving you at the airport to carry a sign with your last name (and then ask the person some basic questions such as the doctor's name and your first name). As far as the hotel accommodation goes, ask the doctors office to book the hotel for you just to make sure that you end up staying in a "reliable" hotel, close to the doctor's clinic. Check out the hotel online just to make sure that you like it. Hotels are usually pretty cheap in India. A decent 3 star hotel can be around $50 (USD) or less and food is very cheap too. The hotel should have good room service and hence you would not need to eat out, unless you want to. Most hotels would have the basic amenities such as attached bathroom, flat screen TV, multiple cable channels, free wifi etc.

Have the doctors office send someone to pick you up from your hotel and drive you over to the clinic and back.

Once you are done with the procedure and follow up, you can ask for the same person to drive you to the airport.

I hope this helps. I am not suggesting at all that a person should not travel by road and see how beautiful and interesting India is. I am just suggesting a "fool proof and super safe" plan for someone like yourself that is concerned about safety and is planning this trip "only for the purpose of an HT procedure".

Take care and best of luck.

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Hello.

For females travelling to India alone (especially for the first time), it makes sense to be careful and cautious. India is probably as safe as any other South East Asian country. That said, I suggest that you do most of your travel by air. You can fly into New Delhi (or any other International Airport such as Mumbai, Chennai etc) and then catch a domestic flight to your destination. Spice Jet (www.spicejet.com) is a pretty reliable and economical domestic airline. You can also ask for the doctors office to send someone (hopefully someone from their staff) to meet you at the airport and drive you to your hotel. Ask the doctors office to have the person receiving you at the airport to carry a sign with your last name (and then ask the person some basic questions such as the doctor's name and your first name). As far as the hotel accommodation goes, ask the doctors office to book the hotel for you just to make sure that you end up staying in a "reliable" hotel, close to the doctor's clinic. Check out the hotel online just to make sure that you like it. Hotels are usually pretty cheap in India. A decent 3 star hotel can be around $50 (USD) or less and food is very cheap too. The hotel should have good room service and hence you would not need to eat out, unless you want to. Most hotels would have the basic amenities such as attached bathroom, flat screen TV, multiple cable channels, free wifi etc.

Have the doctors office send someone to pick you up from your hotel and drive you over to the clinic and back.

Once you are done with the procedure and follow up, you can ask for the same person to drive you to the airport.

I hope this helps. I am not suggesting at all that a person should not travel by road and see how beautiful and interesting India is. I am just suggesting a "fool proof and super safe" plan for someone like yourself that is concerned about safety and is planning this trip "only for the purpose of an HT procedure".

Take care and best of luck.

California

This is probably the best advice you would get. As a 110 pound female (or a 200 pound male for that matter), you should be cautious while traveling to and area you are unfamiliar with, but especially to a foreign country that speaks a different language and has different customs and cultural norms.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for the replies.

As for leaving the motel, my only plans were to stock up on bottled water when I arrive for clean water to drink and wash the grafts (If I can't drink it, I don't exactly trust it on a surgical wound), Some food and to actually leave to the clinic when I have to).

I had no plans to go holidaying or anything, so I guess my ideas are pretty safe.

Thanks for the replies.

As for leaving the motel, my only plans were to stock up on bottled water when I arrive for clean water to drink and wash the grafts (If I can't drink it, I don't exactly trust it on a surgical wound), Some food and to actually leave to the clinic when I have to).

I had no plans to go holidaying or anything, so I guess my ideas are pretty safe.

Bring yourself a spray bottle. You can fill it with the bottled water and keep it moist. Your doctor will give you directions on what you need prior to surgery.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.