No rogaine after HT?

FUE2579

Hey guys!

I'm wondering if anyone has every had an HT where they have not used rogaine following their procedure? I haven't used propecia at all in my life. The doctor told me I should use rogaine to help speed the growth of my grafts but they would still grow if I decided not to use rogaine. Has anyone had an HT without using rogaine and had good results? I'm told it happens quite often. I decided not using rogaine because I didn't want to be dependent on it for the rest of my life. i'm just around 3.5 months post op and I do see little hairs sprouting. Any help/input would be appreciated. Thanks fellas!

I don't use Rogaine, but I use propecia. Once you start Rogaine, you have to be commited and keep it going. The grafts still grow without Rogaine, so if I was you at 3.5 months, I wouldn't start now.

Thanks, RopainNogain!

I appreciate the feedback. Anyone else not use rogaine? Thanks!

No reason not to start it, propecia is no different, if you stop you lose ground on what you've gained/kept.

That's the thing though...I dont want to have to use it forever. I'm wondering if people that haven't used rogaine following their HT still had growth. My doctor told me that the hairs will still grow even if I don't use rogaine. I'm not worried, I'm just curious.

That's the thing though...I dont want to have to use it forever. I'm wondering if people that haven't used rogaine following their HT still had growth. My doctor told me that the hairs will still grow even if I don't use rogaine. I'm not worried, I'm just curious.

Yes they will grow without, I just include it as part of my daily routine as its another weapon in the fight!

Dont worry, your grafts will grow fine. :)

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/journal.asp?CopyID=10024&WebID=2832

October 2011 - 1647 FUT - Dr Dorin

January 2014 - 1580 FUT - Dr Dorin

I don't know the particulars of your entire case, but Rogaine won't help or hurt your yield from the procedure. The hard part is being patient with the early growth that you are already noticing. At 3.5 months post-op, I would speculate that someone like yourself would see little improvement if you did start it. Rogaine could be beneficial for you in the long term but it requires commitment.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Never have used it for my two procedures not even one drop. Had nice growth after both.

Rogaine gains seem to be short lived anyway after you stop so not sure what the point is

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

• 2 weeks later...

@FUE2579

Save the cash, my friend.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

If rogaine stop hair lost, I don't see why we shouldn't use it. Why are people afraid to lose hair if they stop using it? Here's an example.. If you're 25 and you use rogaine till 40 and all of the sudden you decided to stop using it, your hair will pretty much fall out "normal" just like how you would when you're 25. All it does is pretty much freezes it. It's not like your hair will fall out all at once.. correct me if I'm wrong.

I don't know about you guys but I'm going to keep using it. If I see that I'm still losing hair then I'll stop. I'd rather risk some money and keep my hair than losing my hair and save some money.

FYI: I got my facts from this doctor and I "strongly" believe what he says. Skip to 1:25 mark. I hope my message helped you guys!

Edited by TeamRahal

The original poster wanted to know if he should start at 3.5 months post HT and if it was needed for good results.

If someone is already on it there is no need to stop though.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Ya. I'm at 4 months now. Thanks for the replies, guys! I don't think i'm going to use it. I've seen some growth and felt little "pricklies" on the recipient area. It's not CRAZY growth but it's definitely some. They say around 6 months you should see what the final product will be - minus - maturation of the hairs. Is this generally correct? I'm hoping that my growth picks up in the next couple of months. To be honest, I'm getting a little anxious. Also, is it normal that after about 4-5 months, the native hair in and around the recipient area isn't quite as thick as it was pre-op, and still maturing/healing from the stress of the operation? Also including shock loss on donor and recipient? Any help you be great! Thanks!

I started using Rogaine 10 days post-op, then quit after using it for 10 days because I started shedding hair in my crown. It felt like one step forward, two steps back. I debated whether to start again around 3 months (I'm 11 weeks out) but have decided against it. I don't want to become dependent on it and my progress at this stage looks to be (more or less) on par with others who I have seen use it. I do use Propecia and have been since 1997 with no side effects. From my research, I have seen a lot of good results without the use of Rogaine. You just have to search the blogs. You'll find them.

Here's one…he tried Rogaine a few months before his procedure and stopped for the same reason I did:

http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=2187&forum_id=3&page=1

Edited by Since21

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Dependant upon if you had shockloss or not, 4 to 5 months is when you will start to see some changes. Changes so slow you might not even notice, but at 6 months you should start looking better and your anxienty will lessen although it will still be present because the growth journey is not over. 6 months is general rule as far as most of the hairs sprouting, but not fully matured yet.

As far as i'm concerned, things don't look great until the 8 month mark.

If your main concern is to start Rogaine to speed growth, I would advise against that. You'll be taking steps backwards with possible shedding. Just wait it out and your growth will come before you know it.

The transplated hair is (hopefully) taken from the "Safe Zone" that is not susceptible to MPB. I was told by Dr. Arocha once that Rogaine can help the transplanted hairs grow in thicker. My second procedure with Dr. Paul Shapiro he advised me that Rogaine is for miniturized hairs (which transplanted hairs will not be). After my initial growth I'll probably NOT use Rogaine on the transplanted hairs. I hope this made sense