FUE with Dr Lorenzo

sunnyd

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad to hear romanino that youre healing well! ive had comments from family and friends about not even looking like ive had an OP so like yourself they arent any signs of surgery now apart from a slight redness on the skin under the recipient site. The scabs etc have left the building! The itching is still there occasionally but not bad at all though but i do have sensitive skin and get prickly heat when i go on holiday so i guess its just me and my funny skin!!!:-)

The transplanted hair has started to fall when i wash now once a day, only slightly but its getting thinner up there which is to be expected, I've even ordered some 'Toppik' off of the internet and it arrives tomorrow so im going to give it a whirl. I'm only using it as this week im in ireland seeing clients then have a meeting with another client so i dont want to be feeling self conscious now its thinning slightly and i cant turn up wearing a baseball cap because its not very professional in my field.

northernslapheadMy Hair Loss WebLog

Thanks for the reassurance. Since I have a fair amount of hair in the front and sparsely everywhere else I suppose I won't look too bad after only 1500 or so grafts. Mainly I assume Dr. Lorenzo will be trying to fill in the "holes" left from where I progressed from a 6 to a 7 to where my previous 5600 left off. I am slightly nervous, but not in a bad way. To break up the long trip and to relieve the pre-op anxiety, I will be spending 3 days in Amsterdam before taking the short flight to Manchester. My flights connect there anyway so I thought it was a good idea to extend the layover on the way there. I don't want to further hijack someone else's thread. If Dr Lorenzo's and Mick want to put the pictures up I will do so in a separate post.

ha, im sure 3 days in Amsterdam will have you well chilled out before hand...if not youre doing something wrong!!!:):):)

good luck with your Op and like you say youre not having the full hairline did like i did so it wont be as noticeable anyway.

p.s Dr. Lorenzo usually sends you all the pics afterwards anyway so you can upload them to your blog page...ill keep my eyes out for them!

• 1 month later...

Hi @romanino and @northernslaphead

Hope all is going well. My growth has slowed down a bit now but still on course. Just the other day someone send to me have you had a hair transplant and caught me off guard and I said no way!

On Friday is my 2 month point so I will put some photos up as I need to send them to Dr Lorenzo for my 2 month review

Just the other day someone send to me have you had a hair transplant and caught me off guard and I said no way!

Wow, Im suprised by that. Can I ask, was it a colleague in work or a close friend who asked? Also was the person balding themselves? I would expect most people who are not balding wouldnt really think about things like that.

I would also have expected at the 2 month mark most of the grafts would have fallen out and thus apart from some redness there would be little sign of a transplant? Do you have growth already?

Im close to a month post op. Most people in work didnt really say much when they saw me. But Ive been avoiding a lot of my friends since I was hoping that around the 2 month mark it would undetectable...

Hi, it was a female friend who said my hairline looked different. I did have caboki on but she stated I had hair in the temples that I didn't before. I must say I was surprised as I don't think there's been exceptional growth as I'm 2 months post op tomorrow so not expecting too much yet

very interesting pics, thanks for posting. think i can see some areas in your temples that look as if there's hair in a straighter line rather than a contour. did you have the triangular grafts lower down near the forehead (sides) too? looks good anyway

@jameslondon not sure if I had any triangular grafts lower down - don't think I did.

I am certainly with better growth compared to the same period post op with the strip HTs I had

Hope all is going well. My growth has slowed down a bit now but still on course. Just the other day someone send to me have you had a hair transplant and caught me off guard and I said no way!

On Friday is my 2 month point so I will put some photos up as I need to send them to Dr Lorenzo for my 2 month review

------------------

Hey sunny D and romanino im glad to hear all is going well! Im suprised too about growth within this 2 month period as i fully expected all of the transplanted hairs to have fallen by now but i too have had growth where i was previously bald. I have lost most i would say in that 15-40 day period but am also suprised that some of the transplanted hairs have kept on growing in line with the rest of my hair. I wouldnt say it looks great or anything, more like baby hair. Thin and not great coverage but its more than expected at this 2 month stage so im happy!:-)

As for people noticing ive got to say ive been very upfront from the start, i told people about it and ive even been into my hair salon to show them and they were all like wow and really interested. I guess its intriging for most people as theyve only seen celebs have it done not first hand. Ive got friends too who are also thinking about having it done and had people asking my advice, even a guy from the hair salon so id like to think this experience we've gone through is a great platform to educate others too. Oh and i played golf yesterday with my baseball cap on and when in the visiting parties clubhouse/bar they asked me to remove my cap (its a stuffy golf tradition to not wear caps inside!) so i had to don the cap in front of 7 friends, some id never met before and they didnt know. I was just honest as one of my friends said lets have a look then and any embarrasment/arkwardness dissapeared right then! I did feel like i had to justify the growth or lack of as i guess the un-educated think its gone wrong or something when they dont see a full head of hair....even at 2 months!!!

Ill post some pics soon as im going in to see mick at farjo for my 2 month check up.i said im in the area anyway so will pop in and see him and i guess its a good thing to be seen by the pro's too to see what they think of this 2 month stage.

Keep posting boys and good luck with this ugly duckling phase.....be patient!!!!!:)

• 4 months later...
  • 5 months later...