FUE with Dr Lorenzo

sunnyd

Hi

I don't post much on the site but certainly find this site an invaluable source of information that I certainly benefited from.

I have previously posted on here about my FUTs with Dr Feller, NYC.

In May 2009, I had 2400 grafts and then another with Dr Feller in Sept 2010 which was 1500 grafts. I am grateful to Spex for his advise at the time and also meeting me prior to any HTs.

In late 2013, I decided I wanted more coverage in the crown area and started my research again. At the time of my first 2 HTs it appeared that the strip method was the way to go and I very reluctantly thought that my third HT would be the same but I just didn't want my head cutting open again for the third time!

If I had FUT, then I would have gone back to Dr Feller but I just felt so uneasy about the whole procedure and all the stuff that comes with it post-op.

After lots and lots of research, I surprisingly found that FUE was no longer a second best and some of the results I viewed were as good as FUT.

I narrowed the surgeons down to Dr Bisanga and Dr Lorenzo with my preference being for Dr Lorenzo so it was a miracle when I then saw he was in Manchester.

I promptly contacted Mick at Farjo who I had met many years ago in my twenties when it was too early for me to have any HT). Mick arranged a consultation with Dr Lorenzo.

Mick had remembered me from many years ago and is very straightforward and easily put me at ease. I then met with Dr Lorenzo who went through what I was looking for and he had a look at my donor area.

Dr Lorenzo suggested 2,500 grafts and the FUE has taken place. I am now 6 days post-op.

My experience was FUE has been considerably better than FUT when it comes to post-op. Apart from itching in the donor area, no issues at all and no uncomfortableness.

As I presume with all FUT, Dr Feller came in at intervals to check how things were progressing whilst the technicians did the majority of the work. What I loved about the FUE with Dr Lorenzo is that he did all the work himself in relation to the implanting. It was very hard to chat whilst he was working as he is very clearly focussed on what he is doing and it very clearly shows he is extremely passionate about his work and the results.

The two technicians on the day were Grace and Harry who were both superb. They put me at ease, we shared jokes and they really made sure they looked after me.

Dr Lorenzo, Grace, Harry and Mick are all individuals I could easily go out with as friends if I lived in Manchester!

I can fully appreciate why FUE is more expensive than FUT as it was very labour intensive for Dr Lorenzo.

I can't comment on any other FUE surgeons but I will say that Dr Lorenzo made me feel extremely at ease with him. I found his passion for his work and his commitment to me as his patient amazing and could not recommend him highly enough! Funnily enough, he reminded me of a painting artist, taking care with every minor detail of his final piece of art!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thank you mate...the job looks good and clean as usual..

Did u any into scar???

Not this time around, I wanted to use the grafts to the best advantage and wanted the crown doing and in my consultation Dr Lorenzo mentioned doing part of the front with the 2,500 grafts.

I think in the future I may as a final FUE to cover the strip scar (Dr Lorenzo did ask in my consultation if I wanted any grafts to cover the scar). I don't have my hair that short around the side and back so at the moment it is not an issue.

As further advice, just have breakfast before you arrive as you need to have eaten something for the valium and anti-inflammatory tablets you are given.

Don't worry if you have to have a piss more often than usual - this is just the antibiotics making you go more!

No point in taking any reading material with you as due to how the procedure is done, it is impossible.

Don't worry about the blood on the pillow cover (padded covers will be provided by Dr Lorenzo) for a few days. Just the puncture areas, etc letting out the last bits and healing process.

6 days on and I have found the itching in the recipient area very annoying at night and have been scratching (but using my knuckles rather than nails). I would recommend getting some aloe vera gel in now.

If you need any advice, based on the fact I was in your position just last week, let me know!

Interesting thread mate, having had 2 futs myself i may turn my attention to fue in the future to fill in any weak areas and maybe my scar aswell, I hear you with the fut post op recovery, its no walk in the park but im over the worst of it now.

You have chosen a great fue doc, work looks fab, best of luck with your future growth!

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

@sunnyd

Hi. It's good to hear that your experience with Dr. Lorenzo went well. The graft placement looks very good. I have no doubt that the doctor and staff have given you their best.

Itching can be one seriously annoying condition but its a good sign. How many hours were you in the chair? Are you itching in the donor at all?

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

@sunnyd

Hi. It's good to hear that your experience with Dr. Lorenzo went well. The graft placement looks very good. I have no doubt that the doctor and staff have given you their best.

Itching can be one seriously annoying condition but its a good sign. How many hours were you in the chair? Are you itching in the donor at all?

Hi

Itching is mainly in the donor area rather than recipient area. Out of curiosity, why is the itching a good sign (is is good healing)?

I was in surgery for about 16 hours in total over 2 days so lots do hard work by Dr Lorenzo!

hey sunnyd how is the healing process???

just had a talk with doc Lorenzo,a truly gentleman..

Tomorrow is my turn on the chair...!!!

Hey, healing is well. The itching in the donor area is very annoying at night but Dr Lorenzo has been in contact with me ever since the fue and emailed today to advise me it should stop in the next day or two.

Just have some breakfast beforehand. I ate at 7.15am and arrived at the clinic about 7.45am. Whichever top you wear (shirt or buttoned top) you'll take off as you'll be given a surgical gown to wear - luckily you get to keep your jeans on so it's not a hospital scenario with bum hanging out!

You'll be given a loose hat to wear after and if you have a 2 day procedure, I personally walked to the clinic in the morning without the hat on and what surprised me was at that time of the morning and with any big city that expects its fair share of nutters around and people rushing to get to work, not one person gave me a second look.

Just try to move your legs a bit whilst lying there without moving your top half too much as that was the worst part for me as I'm an active person

All the very best!!

sunnyd i too have just had FUE with Dr. Lorenzo just this week. am now 2 days post op and feeling very much like yourself about Dr. Lorenzo and Mick at Farjo! Mick makes you feel instantly at ease and conversation flows and Dr. Lorenzo, well what can i say hes a genius and a good man too! he even operated on a benign cyst i had on the back of my head to make me feel better for the future with no mention of any extra cost. The whole team there at farjo are second to none and i would like to thank them all for their welcoming nature and professionalism....especially Dr. Lorenzo!!! all the very best with your growth, i know we all have to go through that ugly duckling phase but knowing we have chosen one of the best FUE surgeons in the world certainly makes me feel easier about the whole procedure!!!

northernslapheadMy Hair Loss WebLog

----------

good luck mate, you will leave feeling elated and relieved. any post-op worries will have faded and youll be looking forward to the recovery before you know it!

----------

good luck mate, you will leave feeling elated and relieved. any post-op worries will have faded and youll be looking forward to the recovery before you know it!

sunnyd i too have just had FUE with Dr. Lorenzo just this week. am now 2 days post op and feeling very much like yourself about Dr. Lorenzo and Mick at Farjo! Mick makes you feel instantly at ease and conversation flows and Dr. Lorenzo, well what can i say hes a genius and a good man too! he even operated on a benign cyst i had on the back of my head to make me feel better for the future with no mention of any extra cost. The whole team there at farjo are second to none and i would like to thank them all for their welcoming nature and professionalism....especially Dr. Lorenzo!!! all the very best with your growth, i know we all have to go through that ugly duckling phase but knowing we have chosen one of the best FUE surgeons in the world certainly makes me feel easier about the whole procedure!!!

Congrats!

He really is such a lovely guy...without sounding too odd, I found his passion about work very charming.

Just get ready for the itching at night in the donor area - worst for me was 4th to approx 8 day post op but as Dr Lorenzo said to me it would then calm down as it has as I'm 10 days post op now. For itching, just keep using the saline spray - I kept it in the fridge as the colder the better. I found washing my head just before bed was also helpful.

By 10 day, most my scabs have come off - don't be scared of washing your hair as directed and gently drying - I used kitchen roll rather than a towel and just liked to see the scabs come off each day on the kitchen roll. Don't worry if some scabs have small hairs attached (these are not the grafts) and Dr Lorenzo said it is normal.

I have had 2 strip before and I am very surprised how normal hair growth is developing just 10 days post op after FUE - I wonder if it's due to less trauma.

Yes the itching! Mine has slightly started day 3 post op and ive been doing the same with spraying the saline from the fridge!

I was more concerned yesterday with much swelling of my eyes and nose but as Dr. Lorenzo had told me day 1 post op i may get this due to the anesthesia in the forehead and will need to massage it and drink plenty of water to get the kidneys to break it down and out of the body! I looked like id done a few rounds with tyson yesterday but after much massaging and fluids today its moved into my cheekbones and has reduced tons!:)

Romanino, excellent news well i wish you all the best in your recovery and hope you felt good in the hands of Dr. Lorenzo! Post some piccies when-ever you can so we can all see too and its a great reminder for yourself later down the line when you look back too.

Yes the swelling has reduced tons today thanks, i massaged it away and drank loads of water and today its just hanging around slightly in my cheekbones...AKA chipmunk face!....im getting the feeling this itching though is going to be driving me mad in no time!!!

@north...

Thanks mate,yes I really felt goods in Dr.Lorenzo hands..

I actually should start to thanks all the tech..that they been looking after me ...

Sara,Grace,Chris and few more girls that I didn't pick up the name..

The techs they were keeping chancing as they getting tired and also looking after a strip surgery from Dr. Farjo on the first day and on the second day there was a guy having a surgery with the artas robot..

Second I need to tanks Dr. Nilofer Farjo to be so kind to me to explain me all the meds...She was going to give to me and to let me do some pics..to the robot,

Third I need to thanks Mick,such a nice guy,he coordinate everything for me without any rush...

Now.. What can I say about dr.jose Lorenzo...

If u ready for some rock roll he is the one..

He is never tired to answer any silly question,the atmosphere he create on the days of the surgery is absolutely fantastic...friendly and very professional...

This morning he personally wash my all head after I had the transplant yesterday,not worry at all..

He heaven give to me some of is jam?n ib?rico baguette to remind the taste..

Thanks a lot Doc...much?sima gracias ...as he says you will in 8 months..

At last but not at least I also feel to thanks Stephen from BHR clinic, he's been my real guide since the beginning of my research,always kept in touch heaven when I told him I choose Dr.Lorenzo

Grazie amico...!!!