HELP! NEGATIVE Rahal reviews have me scared stiff and deposit is oaid

solonghair

Hi guys,

Glad I found this place, because I posted this topic on HLT there a few days back but it seems to be a LOTTLE quiet these days (Was a member on there for 10 years!).. I very much hope to make some new friends on here, with whom I can share info and advice with regarding my hairloss

In a nutshell: I'm 35, NW 2.5, booked Rahal, paid deposit...I have chosen him after years of research and until recently, I really had a lot of faith in him with all his amazing before and after photos and the wonderful reception he has received on many a website.

However, just recently, I read these reviews:

Dr. Hussain Rahal - Ottawa, ON - Cosmetic / Plastic Surgeon - 13 doctor reviews | RateMDs.com

Needless to say, one or two of those reviews have me scared to death. This is not the first review I have read which accuses him of "rushing through it". Also, another HT doc I visited not so long ago gave me the exact words: "Dont go to him, thats all I'll say"... I just assumed he was jealous of him at the time and was trying to make a sale. Then I read up on the member who got an infection after a megasession...

Has Rahal lost his touch perhaps? He doesnt seem to be as popular as he once was, or am I wrong?

Please believe me when I say that I am not in any way trolling, I just need some reassurance, given that I'm pretty much locked in now. Any info on this would be so very much obliged.

Thanks in advance, So Long Hair

Edited by solonghair
Dead link

Hey, Solonghair.

I tried clicking that link but it says "cannot be found". I recently had my 2579 FUE procedure with Dr. Rahal. My experience with him and his staff was excellent. They took great care of me and I did not get the impression that they rushed it in any way. I don't have any post op complications and I never have. I don't work for them nor do I represent Rahal in any way. You wanted to here something from someone who has got their procedure done by Rahal and so I decided to respond. Hope it calms you down a bit. Here is a link to my thread, I am currently just over 3.5 months post-op. http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172553-my-new-2579-fue-hair-transplant-dr-rahal.html

Thanks heaps FUE2579, Your help and reassurance is exactly what I need to hear! And I must say, it looks awesome mate.. Keep it comin'!

Fixed that link there.. So you can see why I got so freaked out.

I can see why you would be scared. But I only saw 3 bad reviews of which 1 was about not honouring a 61% discount (which is ridiculous). He didn't mention anything about his work or anything. The other one claims Dr. Rahal is terrible and that he messed him his transplant. (no pictures or no link to any thread where he can prove it). He also mentions something about a marketing manager pushing him to make a video? I was NEVER pushed to make any decisions nor was I pushed to make any videos. He says in "good conscience, I can't keep quiet". So in good conscience, why couldn't you post any pics to prove yourself? Makes you wonder....And the third guy claims he messed his head up at age 21 and now he's lost more hair at the age of 26......hair loss is progressive, especially if you are getting a HT at the young age of 21. (Again, no pcitures) And apparently, according to him, Dr. Rahal is no where to be found? LOL....He can be contacted very easily. He also gives you his cell number in case of emergency following your procedure. All the rest of the reviews are great and praise his great work and excellent ethics. Take it from someone who has actually experienced it, you are in great hands buddy. You will see for yourself. When is your procedure anyway?

I can see why you would be scared. But I only saw 3 bad reviews of which 1 was about not honouring a 61% discount (which is ridiculous). He didn't mention anything about his work or anything. The other one claims Dr. Rahal is terrible and that he messed him his transplant. (no pictures or no link to any thread where he can prove it). He also mentions something about a marketing manager pushing him to make a video? I was NEVER pushed to make any decisions nor was I pushed to make any videos. He says in "good conscience, I can't keep quiet". So in good conscience, why couldn't you post any pics to prove yourself? Makes you wonder....And the third guy claims he messed his head up at age 21 and now he's lost more hair at the age of 26......hair loss is progressive, especially if you are getting a HT at the young age of 21. (Again, no pcitures) And apparently, according to him, Dr. Rahal is no where to be found? LOL....He can be contacted very easily. He also gives you his cell number in case of emergency following your procedure. All the rest of the reviews are great and praise his great work and excellent ethics. Take it from someone who has actually experienced it, you are in great hands buddy. You will see for yourself. When is your procedure anyway?

Nice one, mate. I just needed to hear a voice of reason because all my mates a dissuading me after I told them of that review. Very good of you to practically dissect and debunk pretty much all of those reviews.

Op ain't for another 4 months.. So still a bit of time to go yet.. But yeah, I feel a little more optimistic now:)

Hope your hair continues to grow in nicely.. By the looks of that hairline design you decided on, it's gonna look awesome. Here's hopin mate.

Thank you, my friend! I hope it all goes well in the end. I'm really looking forward to the coming months. Good luck with everything and if you have any questions or concerns, this is a great site to get some answers, or in your situation, some reassurance. :D

It would be great if you could start a thread after your procedure so you can document your results. I will be updating mine every 2 months. Cheers!

Ding! Ding!

Shadow of the EMpire State,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it appears you are insinuating that there's some kind of dishonest "duel promotion" here with myself and FUE2579, am I right? Well if so, I can assure you, nothing could be further from the truth. Even though my mind was put to a certain amount of ease by FUE2579.. Believe me, I am still scared as Hell about this procedure. Particularly after hearing about the guy who got an infection. Also, the majority of the positive reviews in that link I posted seem extremely conjured and dishonest.

I'm 100% percent legit, and I'm just trying to get some legit Rahal feedback to get things straight in my head.. I want to make sure I've made the right (or wrong??) decision. Any more positive OR negative points would be great.

Dr. Rahal has an outstanding reputation and I consider him one of the elite FUT hair transplant surgeons in the world.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Basically anyone can post there without question, and all of the negative posts are very vague and general, whereas the positive reviews are very specific and real. If you need real reviews of Dr. Rahal search here for patient results, I would be more than willing to help you as I'm sure Can't decide would be as well, and every other Rahal patient active on this site.

Dr Rahal is an excellent surgeon. I can see where some would say he is a little " rushy ". It's not that he rushes IMO...it's just that he's ALL business. All I can give you is my personal experience. My personal experience was great...he performed a 12hr surgery, he drove me home, did my after care, called me at 3,6,9,12 months...and my result is excellent!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

I've never had surgery with Dr. Rahal, although I did have a phone consult with him many moons ago. He was certainly in my top three list at the time and I would still consider him for HT surgery if I was shopping around. I'm sure you can find some negative reviews on every doc if you dig deep enough.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

He still seems to be one of the best for FUT, there are apparently better ones for FUE if you can travel.

almost booked him for last procedure but chose Dr. Konior instead.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Sorry, those 1 star reviews sound completely bogus. Of the 3 negative reviews, one was not a review of his work at all. What the hell kind of person throws a tantrum because a first rate doctor doesn't honor the ridiculous discount from a competitor. Those 1 star reviews just smack of hit and run online slandering.

I do agree with NHP that the clinic can be a bit "Rushy". I think they have been so busy in recent years due to the docs rep. As far as I can tell, it has not affected his results though.

Edited by Cant decide

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

No physician hits a home run every time. You can find negative reviews for just about any doctor you can name. The fact remains that Dr. Rahal works miracles the vast majority of the time. You're always in good hands with him.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Wow guys... What a welcome! I start a topic here.. Leave it for 3 days, come back and bam.. 19 replies. I came here looking for peace of mind and thats exactly what I got.. and then some! Thanks you all some much for your advice and reassurance. I will keep you all informed of my progress after my procedure in June. Respect!

• 1 year later...
Wow guys... What a welcome! I start a topic here.. Leave it for 3 days, come back and bam.. 19 replies. I came here looking for peace of mind and thats exactly what I got.. and then some! Thanks you all some much for your advice and reassurance. I will keep you all informed of my progress after my procedure in June. Respect!

I came across this post when wanting to learn more about Dr Rahal (googled Dr Rahal bio). I was just curious where he is from and education etc. Anyway, I'm currently scheduled to have an FUT with him (approx 3,000 grafts) in Jan 2016. I read this bloggers panic so I'm curious if he posted his update???? Sounds like he would have had his surgery in June 2014. His results would have been grown in full by now since it's been a year and a half. Just like him, I am a bit nervous but I feel I am in good hands. I know the risks involved and just pray I'll be a super success story.