ONLY 11 days left!!!Need your valuable opinions.

Hello guys,I am just only 11 days away from my second HT.I had an FUT more than a year ago comprising around 4000 grafts.I was a Norwood 6/7.I got a more than satisfactory coverage last time.This time I am a bit confused whether I should go for an FUT-FUE combo or just FUE alone,the latter being my preference.It will be very helpful if I could get your valuable input on this.My surgeon is Dr.Bhatti and he is able to do both the procedures very well as far as his track record shows.

I was in a similar situation as you, I was a norwood 5/6. I came to the conclusion that strip surgery would be more advantageous for my particular situation. When i met my doctor he agreed with my plan which was:

1. Get the maximum amount of grafts i could get for HT number 1 by way of strip method

2. Do another strip 12 months later

3. Have the option of doing FUE further down the line for touch ups

I felt this plan would maximise the number of grafts i would have available to cover my balding which was extensive.

I have now had 6862 grafts implanted and have a conservative 2000 FUE still available for future work if needed. I wouldnt have got those numbers if i went Fue first or second.

Your doctor will be best to advise you on what to do for your 2nd procedure. If your laxity is sufficient id do a second strip if I was you and then consider fue further down the line. You could also use some fue grafts for your scar aswell which is an area i might look at in the years to come.

Good luck with your second surgery whatever method you go for.

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Hello guys,I am just only 11 days away from my second HT.I had an FUT more than a year ago comprising around 4000 grafts.I was a Norwood 6/7.I got a more than satisfactory coverage last time.This time I am a bit confused whether I should go for an FUT-FUE combo or just FUE alone,the latter being my preference.It will be very helpful if I could get your valuable input on this.My surgeon is Dr.Bhatti and he is able to do both the procedures very well as far as his track record shows.

I don't think Dr. Bhatti does FUT. He's a strong FUE proponent.

I was in a similar situation as you, I was a norwood 5/6. I came to the conclusion that strip surgery would be more advantageous for my particular situation. When i met my doctor he agreed with my plan which was:

1. Get the maximum amount of grafts i could get for HT number 1 by way of strip method

2. Do another strip 12 months later

3. Have the option of doing FUE further down the line for touch ups

I felt this plan would maximise the number of grafts i would have available to cover my balding which was extensive.

I have now had 6862 grafts implanted and have a conservative 2000 FUE still available for future work if needed. I wouldnt have got those numbers if i went Fue first or second.

Your doctor will be best to advise you on what to do for your 2nd procedure. If your laxity is sufficient id do a second strip if I was you and then consider fue further down the line. You could also use some fue grafts for your scar aswell which is an area i might look at in the years to come.

Good luck with your second surgery whatever method you go for.

Thank you very much for your advice.I will definitely keep in mind what you wrote.

I don't think Dr. Bhatti does FUT. He's a strong FUE proponent.

Thank you Shane for your input.First of all congratulations for your HT journey with Dr.Bhatti.I have visited your blog multiple times and your experience was one of the major factors which led me to choose Dr.Bhatti.But his website does offer FUT along with FUE(not FUT alone).Its called FLUTE plus.There are pictures of patients who have undergone it.So I'm confused here!Since you have been to him you would surely know better.Is he still doing the FUT-FUE combo/FLUTE?

If you had another FUT would they take out a strip from a different area, or use the same area as before? If it's the same area as before, it sounds like the only risk is the scar possibly healing worse the second time around (then again it could also heal better). If a whole new area was used for the strip, I would be hesitant to have two different FUT scars and would favor having FUE with a renown doctor (and save up more money if needed).

If you had another FUT would they take out a strip from a different area, or use the same area as before? If it's the same area as before, it sounds like the only risk is the scar possibly healing worse the second time around (then again it could also heal better). If a whole new area was used for the strip, I would be hesitant to have two different FUT scars and would favor having FUE with a renown doctor (and save up more money if needed).

The most likely possibility is the surgeon is going to take out the previous scar and make whole lesion as one.(if FUT is done that is).But I always wondered how FUT can harvest more number of grafts than FUE.I get the whole donor area getting reduced in FUT so no 'barren' look.Apart from the job being more tedious,FUE can harvest from wider area.So why less number of harvest in FUE than FUT?

Thank you Shane for your input.First of all congratulations for your HT journey with Dr.Bhatti.I have visited your blog multiple times and your experience was one of the major factors which led me to choose Dr.Bhatti.But his website does offer FUT along with FUE(not FUT alone).Its called FLUTE plus.There are pictures of patients who have undergone it.So I'm confused here!Since you have been to him you would surely know better.Is he still doing the FUT-FUE combo/FLUTE?

Thank you Rez. I guess he does that rarely and on request.

Let me know if you need any advice on travel, stay or any other queries on Chandigarh/India.