Beard Transplantation in Adem&Havva / Turkey

Gonzales123

t has been too long I have considering to have facial transplantation. But I was so afraid to proceed forward. When I made my mind and search seriously on internet some clinics in U.S. I came to point that it is very expensive which was around 25.000$ then I wanted to think about one more time. Later on I continue searching and reading more article about facial transplantation. I have read an article from a British news paper about beard and mustache transplantation in Turkey. Since I live in Mexico and Turkey was middle of nowhere for me I never consider to travel days and days to have facial plantation. But just wanted to get information and procedure I have contacted with few of center and clinics. But most of them revert me with very less information and broken English, I tried to understand in times. But next few days from Adem&Havva center i received email with detail information. And also they were asking more question then I asked to them to get more information to assist me. Within three months we have mailed back and forward, they furnished me with all details and ionformation, with very good price. 10.000 $ included ticket, hotel, transportation and facial transplantation which was less then half price of I got from U.S.

Once I have arrived Istanbul, driver came and picked me from airport and drop me to hotel. After their marketing manager Mr. Mete came and visit me in the hotel room and he took me for city tour and had dinner together. He even didnt let me spend a single coins. I was so suprized and I was thinking what kind of problem I would be faced but everything went very good. Next day again they pick me up from hotel and brought me to hospital. I met with doctor Mert Demirel and hair transplantation specilaist Safiye Kurt. They explained me all the procedure again and we have discussed with style. She draw my beard and mustache line. Doctor Mert Demirel made anesthesia and they started operation. It took 8 hours and end of operation I was s tired and felt dizzy. I cant remember very well that day because of anesthesia and long operation period. Next day my face was blow up and it looks like balloon. I couldnt eat, talk, smile for few days. I was just drinking water, milk, juice. I never realized that it will be that much hard if I knew I would never make facial transplantation. But after one week suffering with liquid food and not talking and smiling everything became normal. I have beard now and very happy with situation.

Before.jpeg.ae69f6912aadfd0c919e5dc4b475fad3.jpeg

5b32dcba95f08_1stDay.jpg.b23a5766799a6c026eeafec530b2a0ab.jpg

5b32dcbab46ce_1stDay1.jpeg.f896c071fff5ed0838e6efd79cb5dd35.jpeg

5b32dcbac7c32_2ndDay.jpg.8e0942efc41b2929f806ad0b2bdb8fe6.jpg

5b32dcbadaa6f_After1Week.jpg.6ec9615b32906f52230699bc4a7cfca4.jpg

5b32dcbb02d74_After1Week1.jpg.70c1115f18cbbc0395c47670f6c53ca1.jpg

5b32dcbb1457c_After2Weeks.jpg.7013c53815f4fe602055e95a61223f25.jpg

5b32dcbb4df51_After2Weeks1.jpg.e9bd2ec0c8fd524ea86e82412b703cf4.jpg

5b32dcbb5aa2e_After2Weeks2.jpg.a63f42aa148a53629c07db20eca4b7e7.jpg

5b32dcbb66ef7_After3Weeks.jpg.0050f5c95cc1fa4a3f274c47713e9c5d.jpg

5b32dcbb7fca1_After1Month.jpg.bb616b4a0a2bfa17ebaaeac6ef02c00f.jpg

5b32dcbb92f0a_After1Month2.jpeg.fb081a05400f34a4ec4620a09f98ce53.jpeg

How many grafts were extracted? The donor extraction site looks quite concentrated... I hope the density drop is not too noticeable when things heal up.

I'm talking about the extraction area(where they took the grafts from), not the beard... 3,200 on beard transplantation is not a wise move in my opinion but whatever makes you happy.

I'm talking about the extraction area(where they took the grafts from), not the beard... 3,200 on beard transplantation is not a wise move in my opinion but whatever makes you happy.

You are right. But since I have no idea which amount of graft should be optimum, how many graft would be transplanted for beard transplantation ? Do you have any idea? Because my face was almost hairless and it was only a few hair under my chin and mustache. So they told me 3200 was enough at least to cover full face but after six month if I want to have more density than I can take into consideration second session.

You are right. But since I have no idea which amount of graft should be optimum, how many graft would be transplanted for beard transplantation ? Do you have any idea? Because my face was almost hairless and it was only a few hair under my chin and mustache. So they told me 3200 was enough at least to cover full face but after six month if I want to have more density than I can take into consideration second session.

I'm just thinking about things mathematically. The average person has about 5,000 grafts via FUE in the donor area without significant thinning. 3,200 grafts is more than half that amount. Most guys here would think it is unwise to exhaust more than half their donor area on anything other than restoring their scalp hair. Granted, you don't seem to have hairloss and wanted a beard, but chances are that if you were that conscious about obtaining a beard(enough to undergo surgery for), than you most likely will be conscious about losing your hair(if that happens). If you do loss your hair and if you do want it restored, you have exhausted more than half the eligible grafts with this procedure.

But like I said, if you are happy, that is all that matters.

I'm just thinking about things mathematically. The average person has about 5,000 grafts via FUE in the donor area without significant thinning. 3,200 grafts is more than half that amount. Most guys here would think it is unwise to exhaust more than half their donor area on anything other than restoring their scalp hair. Granted, you don't seem to have hairloss and wanted a beard, but chances are that if you were that conscious about obtaining a beard(enough to undergo surgery for), than you most likely will be conscious about losing your hair(if that happens). If you do loss your hair and if you do want it restored, you have exhausted more than half the eligible grafts with this procedure.

But like I said, if you are happy, that is all that matters.

I understood what you mean. I am 33 yo, and until this age I never suffer with hair loss. I always maintain and good take care of my hair as you can see from my photos. But I was unhappy with beardless face. When I was my 20s was planning always to do something to get more facial hair in order too look more older than I look. Because with hairless face everybody was thinking I was still under 18 even though I was close to my 30s. Anyhow I am very happy the way I look now and definitely I would rather stay bald than without beard.

• 1 month later...

Hi Gonzales,

I am glad to see someone with a beard transplant on this forum. I also did one in Istanbul and am at day 3 now. Your pictures look great and very promising!

I will upload some pictures after a few weeks too.

I have had about 2500 grafts and went all the way up, above the upper lip en high on the cheek; I already had some thin bear hair here and there though.

I do think you still payed too much; I've paid less then 3000 euros including a great hotel (for 3 nights) and a ticket. Of course Holland is closer to Turkey (3 hours flight)...but still..

Anyway, great beard!

Its weird. I actually want to get rid of my beard hair and use it on my head. Yet we have people here who want the opposite. Baldness makes us look older then our actual age. Yet there are people who need a beard to look older.

Its weird. I actually want to get rid of my beard hair and use it on my head. Yet we have people here who want the opposite. Baldness makes us look older then our actual age. Yet there are people who need a beard to look older.

Thumbs up to you! They will regret it the moment they lose hair.

i hope you don't go bald and be stuck with a beard with no hair, looks like a over kill on the harvested area, poor extraction IMO, best of luck, as long as you are happy with the result, thats the only thing that matters

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Who cares about a few years older? I constantly guess clean shave people much older! Now that I have a beard I look so much cooler and bad ass :D

i hope you don't go bald and be stuck with a beard with no hair, looks like a over kill on the harvested area, poor extraction IMO, best of luck, as long as you are happy with the result, thats the only thing that matters

No we are not going bold...that would be a stupid move then. There are people who don't suffer hair loss...(maybe if I'm 70..but who cares then)

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Gonzales,

I am glad to see someone with a beard transplant on this forum. I also did one in Istanbul and am at day 3 now. Your pictures look great and very promising!

I have had about 2500 grafts and went all the way up, above the upper lip en high on the cheek; I already had some thin bear hair here and there though.

I do think you still payed too much; I've paid less then 3000 euros including a great hotel (for 3 nights) and a ticket. Of course Holland is closer to Turkey (3 hours flight)...but still..

Anyway, great beard!

Hi,

I had a similar transplant about 2 months ago in Turkey. Would love to get in touch to share pictures and experiences!

I don't get it. If you never had any hair loss issue (and most likely won't have in future), why did they have to take hair from the same areas where they take for MPB patients. I mean would hair from anywhere be good enough as you don't have the MPB gene :) ... Or is it just to have high density

By the way 3000 really sound like a lot

• 4 months later...

Sorry my late answer I am really wondering to see your result, I like to see your precces photos. I dont really know if i paid too much, but mine was full beard transplantation wasnt only restoration plus if I compare price I got from US its the way low price I paid. Anyway I am happy with result and money doesnt matter anymore :)

Hi Gonzales,

Anyway, great beard!

I guess this is the case everybody wants to complete the things what they are missing :))

But you have also solution if you like to get rid of your thick beard : Laser epilation :D

Looks like a nice result - and interesting case ! i actually would be prepared to lose some of my thick beard not the other way round :-)

Hi Sapo

You really made me laugh but come on beard transplantation is popular last 5 years :) And yes, you can actually transplant body hair and beard to your head :) It easy and applicable this days ;P

Madre de Dios! To actually take hair from the head to put on the beard, never thought I'd see the day...

I have so much beard and chest hair , I would trade it all for a good head of hair

Hi Khali

As I said people usually they want to complete the thing what it is missing in their life or body :) Since I have no problem with hair loss but beardless face look like 18 yo teenage, have decided this operation. If you consider 33 yo father a daughter look like very young its weird :) anyway I am happy with what I did and hope you will be happy also after getting hair transplantation ;)

Cheers