My transplanted hair is so much more coarse than my original hairline

I'm 6 months out, and while I'm happy with my growth progress, I really did not anticipate such a drastic change in texture. My hairline is literally ten times more coarse than it was before my HT procedure. It's really wirey and hard. Will it ever go back to the texture it was? Did anyone experience this phenomena? What was your final outcome?

From what I've learned and in my experience with my last HT,it usually takes a good 8-12 months for the individual hairs to thicken while at 6 months,though they are growing they havent matured yet.So they will appear thinner and wirey.At 18 months is usually about as thick as they will be and blend with the rest of your hair.

Hope this helps,

Good luck,

Scott

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Silver,

Scooter brings up a very good point: the texture of transplanted hair changes and evolves as the results mature. From months 3 through 6, the hair is much more fine and wispy. From months 6 through 9, the hair becomes more thick, but is also generally more coarse and wiry. Between months 9 and 12 is where you really see the hairs return to a normal, native texture.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Silver,

Scooter brings up a very good point: the texture of transplanted hair changes and evolves as the results mature. From months 3 through 6, the hair is much more fine and wispy. From months 6 through 9, the hair becomes more thick, but is also generally more coarse and wiry. Between months 9 and 12 is where you really see the hairs return to a normal, native texture.

Hope this helps!

From what I've learned and in my experience with my last HT,it usually takes a good 8-12 months for the individual hairs to thicken while at 6 months,though they are growing they havent matured yet.So they will appear thinner and wirey.At 18 months is usually about as thick as they will be and blend with the rest of your hair.

Hope this helps,

Good luck,

Scott

Thank you both for the insight and information! As long as it straightens itself out eventually, I think I'm ok with that. Patience is definitely the theme in almost all HT matters! The jitteries in me just wonder if there's ever been any cases of anyone's hair not going back to the way it was.