3180 FUE with Dr Tejinder Bhatti on 20th June 2013

Hey Guys,

Please find attached herewith my 7 months update. I underwent FUE HT surgery with Dr Tejinder Bhatti, India on 20th June 2013.

Going forward , I will be tracking my progress in this thread. Please see below link for my case history and previous pics .

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171136-my-hair-transplant-experience-3180-grafts-dr-bhatti.html

Your candid review comments would be much appreciated.

~eternalDenied

5b32dcb006bed_IMG_2482(2).JPG.6bb853631052d3f7a4ebebfea2ac0014.JPG

5b32dcb0185b4_IMG_2484(2).JPG.7ab268bfc3de8941ceaa85b05fd9b301.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG.4e5aada11d075f19d2c62c8127c1c540.JPG

5b32dcb0491c5_IMG_2474(2).JPG.5bbb276e2a368432bb576ebd12cf903c.JPG

5b32dcb053ea0_IMG_2483(2).JPG.f3abe25a750076373a861b7f6e116446.JPG

Hey buddy, still a lot of time to go. I'll surely be following your progress.

I just completed 4 months of my HT with Dr.Bhatti…..

not at all eternaldenied....you will have some growth there aswell. To me the front scalp is the important part as people see you from the front and its important to have strong hairline with density going back.

You still have about 6 months of growth to go yet...each month the result will get better also I think you will benefit from having another ht in the future.

not at all eternaldenied....you will have some growth there aswell. To me the front scalp is the important part as people see you from the front and its important to have strong hairline with density going back.

You still have about 6 months of growth to go yet...each month the result will get better also I think you will benefit from having another ht in the future.

Your response is much appreciated Jay. So that I get it clear, you mean to say that I should wait for 6 months before I go for another session ?

I was hoping to have full head of hair as soon as possible. waiting 6 months for another session means its another 1.5 years before I could flaunt my crowning glory.. Time is something I don't have on my side.

I believe its very very important to wait at least a year after your HT..so that u know what grafts have growth and how your HT result looks like and where the density lacks.

You only have about 5 months to go??

Thanks guys. Your replies are much appreciated.

Would you please let me know your view points on on Rogaine/ Generic Minoxidil(5%). I have crossed the 6 months mark post HT and I have been applying Rogaine 5% once before bed time from past 3 odd months.

I have also been taking finpecia (finasteride) 1 mg every alternate day and biotin 5 mg everyday since my HT.

1. Do you recommend me to keep applying Rogaine 5% ? If yes, for how long ?

2. Can transplanted hair get dependent on Rogaine 5% if we keep applying Rogaine for long ?

3. Should you recommend me to quit Rogaine, would this cause any adverse effect on my hair loss ?

4. Can I seamlessly switch to any generic Minoxidil 5% once my Rogaine supply finishes. I am now settled in India and hence would not be able to get Rogaine for long.

5. Are there chances of shedding while switching from one type of minoxidil to another type.

Eternaldenied,

Rogaine is a great product but won't really do anything for your transplanted hair. However, it can help minimize future loss and/or thicken existing thinning natural hair. Thus, if you feel that Rogaine is helping you, I suggest staying on it. Otherwise, any benefit you experience from it will disappear if/when you stop using it. Generic minoxidil 5% is just as effective as Rogaine. You will most likely not experience any additional shedding period.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Eternaldenied,

Rogaine is a great product but won't really do anything for your transplanted hair. However, it can help minimize future loss and/or thicken existing thinning natural hair. Thus, if you feel that Rogaine is helping you, I suggest staying on it. Otherwise, any benefit you experience from it will disappear if/when you stop using it. Generic minoxidil 5% is just as effective as Rogaine. You will most likely not experience any additional shedding period.

I hope this helps.

Bill

Thanks Bill.

So, considering its difficult to differentiate between my own hair and transplante hair , can I safely apply Rogaine to all over my scalp without worrying about any negative effects on transplanted hair should I decide to quit after few years ?

What I am asking is - can one be rest assured that transplanted hairs will never ever become dependent on Rogaine ?

You still have some time to grow more, and I am sure you will, however, this is a fairly low amount of grafts for your level of baldness and you are right where I would expect to be. With your level, and your age, I definitely would have expected you to want at least 2 surgeries to be really satisfied.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Have you thought of cropping it closer for a cleaner look?

4066 FUE Grafts with Dr Bhatti, India 9&10 Jan 2014

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

In order to maintain the effects of Rogaine, you'll need to continue applying it forever or until a better solution treatment option becomes available. Any benefits you've received from the drug will eventually be lost if you discontinue use.

2. Can transplanted hair get dependent on Rogaine 5% if we keep applying Rogaine for long ?

No, healthy hair that is resistant to the effects of genetic hair loss will not become dependent on minoxidil.

3. Should you recommend me to quit Rogaine, would this cause any adverse effect on my hair loss ?

As I mentioned, the adverse effect will be "catch up" hair loss. However, you won't be any balder for having used the drug than you would have been if you'd never used it at all.

4. Can I seamlessly switch to any generic Minoxidil 5% once my Rogaine supply finishes. I am now settled in India and hence would not be able to get Rogaine for long.

I've heard people mention experiencing a shed when switching from product to product but I've used generic liquid, generic foam and name brand foam with no ill effect from switching.

5. Are there chances of shedding while switching from one type of minoxidil to another type.

Same as above.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

• 2 weeks later...

In order to maintain the effects of Rogaine, you'll need to continue applying it forever or until a better solution treatment option becomes available. Any benefits you've received from the drug will eventually be lost if you discontinue use.

No, healthy hair that is resistant to the effects of genetic hair loss will not become dependent on minoxidil.

As I mentioned, the adverse effect will be "catch up" hair loss. However, you won't be any balder for having used the drug than you would have been if you'd never used it at all.

I've heard people mention experiencing a shed when switching from product to product but I've used generic liquid, generic foam and name brand foam with no ill effect from switching.

Same as above.

Thanks a ton David.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

I have just has my first session with Dr Bhatti yesterday and am back in today for the second half. I am getting 4000 scalp in total. I feel your hair loss is more advanced than mine looking at your pics, how come you only went for that amount of grafts?

I explained to the Dr that I want to continue wearing my hair short ( buzz cut) and he advised this should be fine with 4000 grafts, but did advise that if I ever wanted to grow it then it would look thin. Therefore if I ever did have the urge to grow it out then would probably need to go back for a second procedure. He said he could get another 1500/2000 from the scalp. He did recommend an extra 500 from the beard but as I told him I wanted to keep it short he advised not to use beard as if is a different texture

But yes I think the amount of grafts you received is nowhere near enough for your stage of balding

I explained to the Dr that I want to continue wearing my hair short ( buzz cut) and he advised this should be fine with 4000 grafts, but did advise that if I ever wanted to grow it then it would look thin.

Did you consider the SMP option?

I did consider it, but there were a couple of reasons why I decided against it.

1. The main reason is the most obvious one in the fact it's not real hair.

2. What happens later on in life when you go grey round the back and sides yet you got black stubble on top? I think it will look silly. Also what if in 20-30 years time, if I'm still alive of course , buzz cuts are no longer in fashion? Your screwed basically.

I'll wait to see what his turns out like first and who knows instead of coming back and having a touch up off Dr Bhatti I may decide to just go get a bit of smp.