Is this DUPA (thin hair on sides)?

sheraz104

I have male pattern baldness but my sides and back are thinning too. I always knew that my hair shed from all over the scalp but didn't notice that I have thinned so much on the sides until today when I combed back my hair and felt the hair-lessness on the sides. I have attached a pic just took today. Can you please tell me if it is DUPA?

I am only 21 years old and my hair loss started when I was 14-15.

Thanks

IMAG1244.jpg.23102e8af459b9a06f400201ccae8607.jpg

Sheraz,

Is you hair shaved shorter - compared to the top - on the sides?

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Sheraz,

Is you hair shaved shorter - compared to the top - on the sides?

Hi Doc,

Yes the hair on the sides are shorter than the top but are of the same length as lower back. In that picture I combed them back, I have attached another picture where the hair are combed straight down and it doesn't look that bad in it as the hair from the middle are covering the thinness above the ears but still it can be seen that the hair are significantly thin.

the other picture is of the left side.

1.jpg.94dd40ff931963831c196db6c000a09a.jpg

2.jpg.d714efd3cd7b65588f8061df94b29b84.jpg

Looks more like retrograde alopecia. This is where the thinning occurs vertically, in your case, above the ears thus making a more narrow band of donor hair considered to be viable for transplantation.

The Truth is in The Results

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Looks more like retrograde alopecia. This is where the thinning occurs vertically, in your case, above the ears thus making a more narrow band of donor hair considered to be viable for transplantation.

What does cause retrograde alopecia? is this also an inherited type of hair loss?

Significant hair loss before 50 is almost rare in my family and those who lost some hair, had it after they turned 25. My dad lost his hair in his 40s. I am thinking about getting my blood checked to see if there is any underlying reason for this early hair loss. Can you or anyone else please guide me about the elements in blood that can indicate the reason of hair loss? Like iron etc.

Thanks

Edited by sheraz104

Iron levels being off can effect hair growth, however, I agree with joe that this is retrograde alopecia.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.