FUE by Dr Reddy - 3211 grafts, 7309 hair, Norwood 5

This 23 year old male came to us with a 5 year history of hair loss. He explained that he had sought help at an early stage of his hair loss but was advised to use strand by strand technique. As a consequence, he lost a lot more hair due to the glue used in the hair piece.

On examination , he had a Norwood 5 pattern of hair loss & his donor area was reasonable.

Dr Reddy stabilised his hair loss with Propecia & Minoxidil over 12 months & he was advised to stop wearing the hair piece.

After extensive counselling, we booked him for a FUE surgery. He was advised against restoring his crown as Dr Reddy felt he needed to preserve hair for future work if any.

3211 grafts were transplanted over 2 days, yielding 7309 hair.

Attached are his photos 6 moints after. He is continuing Propecia though he has come off Minoxidil as he had compliance issues. He seems reasonably pleased with the progress so far.

picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=6701picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=6700picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=6699picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=6698picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=6697picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=6696picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=6695picture.php?albumid=859&pictureid=6694

I represent Dr. Raghu Reddy

Dr. Raghu Reddy is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.

Looks good.

Can I ask, how many grafts do you think he might have for any future procedures? I ask because if he can maintain the crown with propecia, I would be tempted to add grafts to lower the hair line a bit and add a bit to the temples.

Thanks

Edited by garethbale

Looks good.

Can I ask, how many grafts do you think he might have for any future procedures? I ask because if he can maintain the crown with propecia, I would be tempted to add grafts to lower the hair line a bit and add a bit to the temples.

Thanks

I believe we can extract another 3000-3500 grafts from his donor area.

He seems to be really happy with the outcome so far. I believe we can always exercise the option of lowering his hairline or preserving the donor hair to use if and when he loses more hair.

I represent Dr. Raghu Reddy

Dr. Raghu Reddy is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network.