Who are the top HT surgeons

Is it safe to say based on reputable work, blogs, pictures, and videos that these five surgeons are most commonly discussed?

Dr. Fellar

Dr. Rahal

Dr. Hasson & Wong

Dr Feriduni

Dr. Shapiro

Runner up;

Dr Bahtti

Best world renowned HT surgeons.

You should to add Dr. Arocha to that list

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

It's more broken down into FUT docs and FUE docs these days.

For FUT I would say Dr. Konior and Dr. Hasson (I am always amazed how people forget to mention Dr. K as he is one the best in world !)

my answer for FUE would be Dr. Lorenzo or Dr. Bisanga

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

It's more broken down into FUT docs and FUE docs these days.

For FUT I would say Dr. Konior and Dr. Hasson (I am always amazed how people forget to mention Dr. K as he is one the best in world !)

my answer for FUE would be Dr. Lorenzo or Dr. Bisanga

I agree..however Dr Rahal has to be mentioned as one of the best FUT. If there is such a thing as everybody's top 5...he's got to be in it.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

For strip i woukd say konior, hasson and wong, the shapiro brothers and feriduni. For fue i would say lorenzo, bisanga, erdogan, maras, hakan, feriduni, mwamba.

For strip i woukd say konior, hasson and wong, the shapiro brothers and feriduni. For fue i would say lorenzo, bisanga, erdogan, maras, hakan, feriduni, mwamba.

I would agree for the most part with this. However, I'd have to give an edge to Ron Shapiro over Paul Shapiro and Hasson an edge over Wong. Also, from what I can surmise, Hakan, Erdogan and Mwamba do not have the breadth of results as Bisanga, Lorenzo and Feriduni. Doesn't mean they haven't posted some impressive results, I just haven't seen as many as the aforementioned. And it doesn't mean they don't belong on a list of the top surgeons, I'd just be more inclined to factor in numbers and time.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Also, from what I can surmise, Hakan, Erdogan and Mwamba do not have the breadth of results as Bisanga, Lorenzo and Feriduni.

Erdogan and Mwamba have many more results on European forums.

Bhatti is not consistent enough to be put in the same league as the others.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Hi All,

Please help! My husband has an appointment in 3 weeks with the UK Hair Transplant Clinic to undergo surgery with Dr Hassan Nurein. I totally support him in this but have some severe reservations about handing over ?4500 (they require the money cleared in their bank 7 days before is this normal??!!)) to virtual strangers who we have only seen their website. The consultation was with a Paul Hill who I have googled and seen some horror stories. In my limited opinion I think I would want to know and have met the surgeon before the day rather than some "consultant" in a pop up office in Birmingham. I have terrible visions of paying the money and turning up to the clinic in Nottingham for there to be no-one there. And if it does go ahead, for them to mess it up/ scar him which will then cause more problems.

Can anyone give feedback on the UK Hair Transplant Clinic or indeed advice on how a proper consultation process should be run - i.e. should you meet your actual surgeon beforehand? And do you have to pay in full up front?

Sorry if I am on the wrong thread as I am new to all this, but this seems to be a forum of people in the know so any help very much appreciated! :)

I wouldn't go through with it. Use the money for a known and recommended

Surgeon. There are horror stories with good reason!

Travel to Turkey or India and use the money more wisely.

Never ever risk a unknown! Especially from a shady company!

Hi All,

Please help! My husband has an appointment in 3 weeks with the UK Hair Transplant Clinic to undergo surgery with Dr Hassan Nurein. I totally support him in this but have some severe reservations about handing over ?4500 (they require the money cleared in their bank 7 days before is this normal??!!)) to virtual strangers who we have only seen their website. The consultation was with a Paul Hill who I have googled and seen some horror stories. In my limited opinion I think I would want to know and have met the surgeon before the day rather than some "consultant" in a pop up office in Birmingham. I have terrible visions of paying the money and turning up to the clinic in Nottingham for there to be no-one there. And if it does go ahead, for them to mess it up/ scar him which will then cause more problems.

Can anyone give feedback on the UK Hair Transplant Clinic or indeed advice on how a proper consultation process should be run - i.e. should you meet your actual surgeon beforehand? And do you have to pay in full up front?

Sorry if I am on the wrong thread as I am new to all this, but this seems to be a forum of people in the know so any help very much appreciated! :)

I looked at this Dr's personal website. It seems he dabbles in hair transplants along side other procedures like lipo.

Save your money and contact the UK/Europe clinics recommended on this site.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Should you meet your actual surgeon beforehand?

Absolutely!

Please look at the names people have listed in the first several posts in this thread. They are generally considered the top surgeons in hair restoration - and for good reason. They consistently deliver great results and have excellent reputations. Travel and money should not be the primary considerations when it comes to HT. First and foremost, take the time to do your research and find the best doctor for your (husband's) goals and situation. The surgeon I was sure I was going to at the beginning of my research didn't even make my top 3 by the time I made my final decision.

Hi All,

Forget about that clinic. They steal before and afters from leading clinics and host them on the website.

You are in a great place to find a world class reputable surgeon on here.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Hi All,

I definitely echo what all the other gentlemen are saying here. Do not give your hard-earned money away to a clinic that is all about the profit and not about the results. There are a ton of options from amazing surgeons for you in Europe, or a quick jump across the pond to North America. The horror stories that many people tell about most of the UK clinics are very valid. It would be wise NOT to transfer that money to the clinic to finalize the procedure. A hair transplant is a very expensive procedure, that limits one's ability to have another one (due to the amount of available donor) in the future. It would be really frustrating to waste hundreds or thousands of available grafts on a bad transplant.

Have your husband take his time and research several great surgeons elsewhere……preferably recommended surgeons on this site. The process should involve making a list or surgeon's whose results your husband likes, contacting the clinic/former patients, talking to the surgeon and narrowing down the list accordingly. It took me a full year of research before I finally found a surgeon who I trusted my head to.

Good luck, and keep us posted on what you and your husband decide to do.

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Bhatti is not consistent enough to be put in the same league as the others.

Hi Matt,

I hope you are doing well. Your HT results looks awesome. Very happy for you. I wish you all the best.

Wanted to ask you about your comment about Dr. Bhatti. Can you please point out (or provide some data) about the "inconsistency" that you have alluded to. After 536 FUE cases by Dr. Bhatti's Clinic in 2013 alone (of which 438 were performed by Dr. Bhatti), without a single unhappy patient.....not sure how "consistency" can be defined. No offense meant......just making sure that claims such as this.....can be backed up.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

After 536 FUE cases by Dr. Bhatti's Clinic in 2013 alone (of which 438 were performed by Dr. Bhatti), without a single unhappy patient…

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171146-6-months-result-dr-bhatti-2151-fue.html

This is a pretty interesting case without the doctor providing much of an explanation as to why grafts didn't grow, other than 'maybe it was flaking,' which I find unacceptable. I would have asked much tougher questions.

Edited by Since21

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171146-6-months-result-dr-bhatti-2151-fue.html

This is a pretty interesting case without the doctor providing much of an explanation as to why grafts didn't grow, other than 'maybe it was flaking,' which I find unacceptable. I would have asked much tougher questions.

Hi Since21,

I request you to read my post again. I said "not a single unhappy patient". The case that you have dug out (only one that I am aware of)......turns out that the patient is NOT unhappy with the results.....below is a link to his latest update. As you know, there is no such thing as perfection. Dr. Bhatti stands behind his work....if the patient feels that his expectation have not been met, the doctor tries his best to do whatever it takes to meet the patient's expectations.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172163-hair-transplant-2-dr-bhatti-1720-fue-sep-13-a-6.html

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I request you to read my post again. I said "not a single unhappy patient". The case that you have dug out (only one that I am aware of)…turns out that the patient is NOT unhappy with the results.....below is a link to his latest update. As you know, there is no such thing as perfection. Dr. Bhatti stands behind his work....if the patient feels that his expectation have not been met, the doctor tries his best to do whatever it takes to meet the patient's expectations.

I didn't go digging for that case. Coincidentally, I was reading about it when you commented here. I got through both of his threads and to be honest I was relieved for the guy when I saw his latest pics. That said, I was astonished at his blind faith in the doctor and his unquestioning acceptance of his explanation. I think anyone else would have most likely been unhappy or dissatisfied with the first surgery's results.

I don't want to turn this into a discussion about the doctor's work because I'm not overly familiar with it. I was responding to your comment specifically because I just happened to be reading about that case at the time you posted.

Can you please point out (or provide some data) about the "inconsistency" that you have alluded to.....not sure how "consistency" can be defined. No offense meant......just making sure that claims such as this.....can be backed up.

Back to the topic at hand, and I'm sure Matt will have his own opinion, but aren't we talking about something subjective here? You could show me a thousand results and say there wasn't a single unhappy patient. That doesn't mean that every case was a home run or that of the patients that weren't unhappy that I believe their results were consistent with what I think is great work. It's all subjective.

Hi All,

Agreed.

A big chunk of the HT industry is bogus, and it would be in yours, and your husbands best interests to back out, and reconsider options.

The list Iv'e provided, and those that have been for mentioned are top renowned surgeons who provide consistent results, and have the results, and patients show for it. Don't be fooled by advertising, quick way out's and discounts off these nobodies who's only interests are in their pocket at your emotional, and financial expense.

As others have said these surgeons are the cherry on top, and the best in the industry.