Buzz hair cut

Hi guys,

I have a question is someone can help me with, I know that after the HT we aren't supposed to buzz cut our hair for a year but I never understood why is that exactly?

I am thinking of having a buzz cut with electric device as I am already at month 5, what's your opinion on that?

Thank you in advance.

Cheers.

After you have lost all the transplanted hair (20-25 days) , been through "the doldrums" (days 30 - 90) and start to sprout the "new" hair it grows in spits and spurts and can be uneven, so the desire to buzz is higher, especially nowadays with so many people doing FUE and the donor scar being a non-issue.

But there is a view is that buzzing tugs on the hair roots (as the hair gets ensconced in the opposing moving blades) and this is an unnecessary cause of irritation and trauma for the new hairs. People like Dr. Feller said you shouldn't buzz.

My answer is use a decent pair of sharp scissors on the recipient area hair if you are worried, and then buzz the rest with a ..ehmm..buzzer but go gently, start at #4, then #3 etc.

I'm not convinced. I think docs don't want their patients to buzz full-stop because it exposes the HT to all kinds of scrutiny. Better tell the patients to grow, grow, grow and create a 'curtain'. Still, it is getting to a point now, especially with SMP that the buzz will be desirable for balding guys and the question will pop up again.

Thank you for the answers guys.

Scar5, I will buzz cut then the donor area and use scissors for the recipient area, which is fine since I wanted to let that part grow longer anyway.

Thanks a lot once again :).

"But there is a view is that buzzing tugs on the hair roots (as the hair gets ensconced in the opposing moving blades) and this is an unnecessary cause of irritation and trauma for the new hairs. People like Dr. Feller said you shouldn't buzz."

Scar 5 is the safest bet