Second HT after 3650 garfts, FUT, FUE need some help please

Hi Guys

Best wishes for 2014 !

I had my first HT in october 2012

here is my blog and i will update my pics this week

Hair Restoration Site for oncled

I am (was) NW6 and i do feel better now compared to before.

I'm planning to have a second HT in the beginning of arpil with DR radha (again) especially to cover the crown area.

First, do you think the same amount of grafts will be achievable ? I'm not going to india for a mini session.

For the hairline results, it's way better than before but obvisously, it is still sparse and i want to increase density. Do you think combining FUT AND FUE is a good option.

Anyone of you have done it ?

My plans if possible :

2nd and last FUT = same amount of grafts or more (>3600) for the crown area

1000 grafts FUE to add density in the hairline.

Is it possible ?

I really want this to be my last FUT. FUT is the best option for a NW6 but is very invasive.

But i'd like to maximize the yield and the results combining both methods.

What do you think about it ?

And i guess i will probably correct my scar and add some grafts with FUE in a couple of year.

PS : i'm french => sorry for my mistakes

Hi Oncled,

I think most of your questions will probably be best answered by Dr. Radha. It is difficult to tell how many grafts you have left for harvest via strip surgery. Most people have somewhere around 5,000 - 8,000, and the numbers differ with respect to FUE and FUSS. Which brings us to the next point: combining FUE and FUSS (strip). While it definitely can be combined and performed at the same time, it usually isn't. It's far more likely to undergo a second large strip procedure and then "touch up" a bit with FUE at a later date.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you for your answer futur ht doc,

Ok so people have between 5K to 8K grafts available via FUSS. Hope i will be in the upper range.

I expect to have at least 3000 grafts available via FUSS for the crown area

For the combination of FUE and FUSS, it is just that i will need this in any case. And as india is less expensive, i can do it at the same time so i will feel even better at the end.

is Combining both reducing the number of grafts available ?

As i told you, this is my last FUSS and i hope to have at least 3500 grafts for the crown .

I know i will need a FUE later but if i can undergo a 1000 grafts fue to increase density in my hairline now, it would be great.

Why people don't use combination of both method ? Is there a particular reason (except for price) ?

How many grafts a NW6 would need to have quite a satisfying result and appearence of full density in the hair line at least. ?

I am in a similar situation as you but much worse(norwood 7).I would like to see the response of the fellow members to your query.My next procedure is only 12 days away.Very anxious about it!

I know the top FUT doctors Hasson and Konior are capable of giving you the extra density in the frontal area from experience.

For the top and crown you could go for a combo of HT and SMP.

out of curiosity which FUE doctors can give predictable hairline results with thick density and are also affordable?

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

From the standard mindset around here I would say (or ask);

1. What did the doctor tell you about your future harvest potential?

2. How are you going with medications?

3. FUE and strip combinations are quite achievable. I have done one myself.

4. FUE will thin out the area above your scar, making it harder to hide. Conversely, if you decide not to harvest the area immediately above the scar so that you can hide it, you will leave a thick or darker band of hair immediately above it. The best option then is to grow it much longer and cover it with fine longer hair.

From my mindset, I would say;

I checked your profile pics. In all pics, there is one where you look fantastic and it is 12 days post-op, which brings me to the question, who told you this?

FUT is the best option for a NW6

And i guess i will probably correct my scar

I agree that strip gives stronger growth but graft numbers would not be in my planning. More grafts is not better. you might be better with a short tighter crop than a thin and wispy but longer look.

But what is done is done and you still have options.

STAGE ONE Go another HT definitely

STAGE TWO

Option A - Go volume, grow out hair, accept the thinness, maybe bleach it a bit.

Option B - Go short, SMP in spaces (remember all SMP is not MIlena's temporary stuff) exploit FUE as much as possible in subsequent procedures

As I say, Day 12 post op, without a strip scar you would have had a lot more flexibility, but what is done is done.

Good Luck