The new way to do HT - Bring fave celebrity photos and discuss hair design goals

Paulygon

Quality level is high; we have a select # of expert surgeons in the field whom we can entrust for this high stakes operation. (High stakes because we are risking money, time, pain and a potential nightmare HT that would require correction surgery)

It seems we are finally in the position to be in control of hair restoration in that we can even walk into our Hair Transplant Surgeon's office with photos of the celebrity hair that we admire and work with the surgeon to design that kind of hairline.

I DID IT! I have uploaded exactly the scenario that I went through with Dr. Mohebi. See for yourself... I didn't get to be to be like my #1 fav photo hair, but I was able to get my hair restored to my #2 fav celebrity hair.

Things are not like they were 10-15 years ago... we are the lucky ones! I encourage people to know thyself, and then think about what kind of hair (hair design, hair line) looks good with your features. Find some photos of people with different hair styles and take your favorite few to your doctor to work on a hair design. Get a good relationship with your doctor.

Check out my uploaded picture... any thoughts?

5b32dca3cc206_todaysthread-Copy.jpg.5ed80763ec44db8941677df737842405.jpg

Edited by Paulygon

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.

I honestly think your hairline is more refined and less "mature" than Mr. Wilson's (though I am a big fan of his acting!).

Cool idea though! Glad this system helped you achieve your goals!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

I encourage people to know thyself, and then think about what kind of hair (hair design, hair line) looks good with your features. Find some photos of people with different hair styles and take your favorite few to your doctor to work on a hair design. Get a good relationship with your doctor.

I'm all for showing pics to your surgeon to get a conversation started about what you're hoping to achieve. Although I'd recommend using pictures from actual HT patients. Find patients with similar hair characteristics and hair loss patterns as you have, and include some of the surgeon's own results in there. I think it's more realistic than showing your doc pictures of celebrities, to be honest, and promotes a more practical discussion about expectations.

Celebrities have professional stylists who spend a lot of time - sometimes hours - on their hair. Not to mention the photoshop work that's done on head shots and other press materials. Even an image from a film may have been digitally enhanced, and most likely has. You don't know what to trust and I think we can all agree that it's those very images that have contributed somewhat to our insecurities about our hair loss because they're illusory.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

I'm all for showing pics to your surgeon to get a conversation started about what you're hoping to achieve. Although I'd recommend using pictures from actual HT patients. Find patients with similar hair characteristics and hair loss patterns as you have, and include some of the surgeon's own results in there. I think it's more realistic than showing your doc pictures of celebrities, to be honest, and promotes a more practical discussion about expectations.

Celebrities have professional stylists who spend a lot of time - sometimes hours - on their hair. Not to mention the photoshop work that's done on head shots and other press materials. Even an image from a film may have been digitally enhanced, and most likely has. You don't know what to trust and I think we can all agree that it's those very images that have contributed somewhat to our insecurities about our hair loss because they're illusory.

Good post!

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

• 3 weeks later...

I always appreciate your posts, and a small part of me agrees with you..

But in my case, I feel my results exceeded my Surgeon's (online published) Before/After photos. And if I based my goals solely on his (web-published) Before/After photos I don't think I would have obtained such a phenomenal result. I feel like I actively pushed the limits by bringing in those celeb photos and saying "Doc, let's get closer to this hair line [if possible].. well, if Colin Farrel is not possible.. then how about this Patrick Wilson look? is this possible?"

I think it is the artistic side of my that took charge.. or perhaps, I'm overstating the role I had in my own hair transplant. Nonetheless, I believe we should all push the envelope and keep striving for improving what is possible in hair transplantation. We should utilize all the tools (and photos) at our disposal.. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.. as is the case with any kind of riskful undertaking.

Paulygon is a former patient of Dr. Parsa Mohebi

My regimen includes:

HT #1 2710 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in 2012

Rogaine foam 2x daily, since 2012 (stopped ~10/2015)

Finasteride 1.25mg daily, since 2012 (stopped ~12/2015)

HT #2 3238 grafts at Parsa Mohebi Hair Restoration in Los Angeles in Jun. 2016

Started Rogaine and Propecia in July. 2016 after being off of them for about a year.