Urgent warning for rogaine extra strength users in north eastern usa

iiieee

I recently received shipments of ROGAINE EXTRA STRENGTH from Buffalo and Ogdensburg, New York, Rite Aid and Walmart Pharmacies that were NOT 5% MINOXIDIL BUT ACTUALLY 2% (WOMEN'S) ROGAINE IN 5% EXTRA STRENGTH ROGAINE PACKAGING!!!.

THIS IS A WARNING TO ANYONE LIVING IN THOSE AREAS USING ROGAINE EXTRA STRENGTH!!

It is easy to tell the difference if you are familiar with the product and have been using it for a while. The 5% solution is more viscous than the 2%, it flows thicker than 2%, in fact, it is quite obvious when you compare the two. But, if you don't know the difference and haven't used the now obsolete 2% Rogaine (which they stopped producing after the arrival of Propecia) you should still be able to tell when you apply it to the scalp; the 5% is (as anyone knows who uses it) much more difficult to spread over the scalp with longer hair or even very short hair. This, again, is due to the higher viscosity (greater "thickness") of the 5% solution (as well as the higher ratio of alcohol in the 2% which has a cooling affect as it evaporates from the surface of the scalp--thus giving you a sense of where it has been applied). It is very easy to recognize the difference between the two, with the 2% solution's pungent smell of ethanol and crystal clear, watery (by comparison) appearance!

I sincerely hope this averts disaster for anyone who unfortunately has come upon this $^#^&! And if you have, please let me know. Also, make sure to call their number, rogaine.com, 1-800-764-2463, and tell them!!!!!!!!!

In the meantime I've been running a dehumidifier over open glass bowls of the 2% "stuff" to reduce its volume and increase the concentration. If you want instruction on how to do this (especially in humid areas) let me know and I can advise.

:mad:

Hello abcd0000,.

Thank-you for answering, sorry if I took to long getting back. . . I don't know if you have a problem with your supply, I hope not!. But it's important that you check it to see if it looks, smells and acts (applies) like what you are used to--if you're not sure, use the rough guide in my first post (ex. 2% smells strongly of alcohol, clear, watery and spreads over the scalp and through hair easier than 5%). If you're still unsure get back to me and I can help you . . . The best we can do is for you to tell me the expiry dates on your box (bottom) or bottle. If it's older then my shipments from Buffalo and Ogdensburg (further/later expiry dates) and good (actual 5%) we can hope it is a mistake they've corrected "further down the line". And if that's true we both should be okay . . .

SO, THE IMPORTANT THING IS FOR YOU TO:

1. CHECK AND MAKE SURE

2. MESSAGE ME BACK WITH THE DETAILS, INCLUDING THE EXPIRY DATE AND LOT NUMBER (BOTH ON BOTTOM OF BOX AND BOTTLE) . . .

3. THAT WAY I CAN COMPARE IT TO MY PRODUCT INFO AND WE WILL KNOW (HOPEFULLY) FOR SURE IF THEY HAVE CAUGHT THE MISTAKE AND (HOPEFULLY) CORRECTED IT!!

Anxiously awaiting your reply,

iiieee:mad:

Hello abcd0000,

Also, to be 100% sure just buy a bottle of women's rogaine; that's 2% minoxidil. Then pour them both out into a glass bowl, side by side, use the applicator to inspect them. The 5% should be quite noticeably thicker or oilier. . . That's the sure way.

And, to answer your question, I've been pouring my product into a glass bowl before I use for about a year (to check for any crystallization). So, no wonder I'm the first to say anything, I noticed immediately upon pouring it out...I had five boxes like that; I checked them all.

Also, I've just received a pre-mailer from McNeil to send back to them with these no good bottles for testing.

stay in touch,

iiieee