2000 grafts with Dr. Stephen Gabel (Hillsboro, OR)

Hey all!

Well i did it! Jan 2nd, I went through with a hair transplant procedure (Folecular Unit) with Dr. Gabel. I have some fairly major recession in the corners of my hairline and have been wanting to have a more rounded look again for a while.

It's annoying enough that I don't pull my hair back in a pony tail or wear headbands at all.

So my fiance and I drove down the day before with enough time to check in at our hotel, get dinner, and find the office. The next morning, I got up early and washed my hair, face, and neck with antibacterial soap and off we went.

We got into the office and were ushered into a room where I signed some papers and they went over my checklist.

Dr. Gabel came in eventually and started drawing lines where he thought I wanted the hair transplanted to and after a few tries and confirms and pictures and mirror checks, we all agreed that we'd found the right lines.

We left my hairline itself (in the middle) alone as this was really only an exercise of bringing the corners in.

I have to say, the whole experience was quite wonderful. The staff and Dr. Gabel were all very welcoming and professional and everything.

The only parts that hurt slightly were the needles for putting local anesthetic (as expected) and the rest of it was just a matter of listening to music, watching movies, and/or talking with the doctor and nurses.

I drugged up for that night and slept ok (with added ambien) .... wasn't in a lot of pain. The next day, we went back and they cleaned everything up and sent us on our way.

I've now finished Day 3 post-op and the swelling hasn't been too bad...I've been able to stick with just ibuprofin during the day and then taking percocet and ambien to help me sleep (staying on my back).

Here's hoping recovery goes well and that the worst is over =) I'll post pics at some pt. ;)

Edited by RoundHairlineDesires

Round,

Congratulations! Look forward to updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Congratulations! Dr. Gabel does excellent work. I wish you the best. Please keep us posted on your progress.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Dr Gabel does great work. I'm huge on FUE and not a big fan of strip but I can acknowledge great strip surgeons like Gabel, H&W, Konior etc.

Day 10 Postop photos

So at Day 10, I've been rubbing my scabs some more again and I think I got a good majority of them to come off today. Don't want to be too rough on them so the ones that aren't ready....just aren't ready yet.

I tried combing my hair forward in a similar style to my usual straight hair style and it seems like most of it gets covered but a portion still kind of sticks out.

I'm supposed to go into the office tomorrow and I'm not sure about that. I may try wearing a hat (one that doesnt put pressure on the grafts) but yeah. I guess we'll see.

At 10 days, i definitely thought I'd be looking better by now. This Thursday is when I can work out again so hopefully by then ( 2 weeks postop) I'll feel better about being out in public again.

A couple 2 week post-op photos.

I'm able to cover the area now and it's still mostly reddish skin now and not so much on the scabs.

Got my stitches out and the back is looking ok and hurting much less. Sleeping is way easy now but still taking ibuprofin at night.

Started working out again too but no crunches.

Only weird thing is I've woken up with a headache the last few mornings (just regular forehead headache) so not sure what's going on there.

hey guys, sorry to post this here but could anyone tell me how to start a new thread?

i have some questions of my own and im new to this site thanks in advance

Go to the blue header that runs across the top o the page and click on "Hair Loss Forum." Choose a section that you want to post in ie: "Hair Transplant Experiences" and then in the top let corner click on "New Thread."

Or choose "Welcome click here on how to learn to start a new thread."