Initial Grafts Growth Not Always Thin

They say that when grafts begin to grow, they start out as thin and even transparent and then thicken over time. However, it seems that many of my grafts came in initially as full terminal hairs. Is there a known % that come in at final density from the get go?

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Seems like the majority of mine did the same. Not sure on percentages but some must start out fine or you wouldn't continue to see improvement over 18mths...I know some of the improvement has to be the hair thickening.

Can't wait to see your pics!

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Thanks NHP. I will be at 5 months post op tomorrow and things are progressing well. Huge cosmetic difference already. How did your crown improve from 5 to 6 and then 8 months? I remember after my first procedure, 6 months showed significant progress but 8 months really wowed me. How about you?

I will post 6 month pics.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Most people talk about slow crown growth but mine seemed to come along as fast as the rest of my transplant. I just remember thinking " WOW" at 4 months and 9 months. Those were my two BIG noticeable months.

Yours will be great. Did Dr Rahal think you could do another strip? Did he give you a ball park on graft supply left?

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Most people talk about slow crown growth but mine seemed to come along as fast as the rest of my transplant. I just remember thinking " WOW" at 4 months and 9 months. Those were my two BIG noticeable months.

Yours will be great. Did Dr Rahal think you could do another strip? Did he give you a ball park on graft supply left?

He advised that if I wanted to come back for more grafts, he would recommend FUE. He thinks I have about 2000 FUE in me which brings me to about 10k total. However, I am not planning a third. I think this latest op will get me to about 75% of where I wanted to be after this procedure. The harvest falling short by about 800-1000 grafts this round I think will prevent me from 100% satisfaction but I will totally be able to live with it as its making a remarkable difference already. I want to save those 2k grafts for any " emergency" situation down the road.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts