9 Months Post-Op: Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

OtherSyde

Well, here are my 9-month pics! Not a lot of development since the 6-month mark, I largely hit the high-point and plateaued around that time, but that's fine.

Here's the history of my second procedure, or check my blog for the entire timeline of both (albeit with smaller pictures do to blog format limitations).

RIGHT NOW-Another Live Post From Dr. Gabel's Office

One Day Post-Op - Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

First Stages Post-Op - Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

3 and 4 Months Post-Op: Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

6 Months Post-Op: Dr. Gabel 1,554 FUT

9-Months-Front-800_zps99e55555.jpg

^^The front is looking pretty good. Slightly transparent under the three harshly bright bathroom vanity lights used in these pictures (the 6-month pics falsely look a little bit denser, only because I was in my old house and there were only two dimmer fluorescent lights mounted much higher up, instead of the three bright vanity bulbs mounted right at forehead-level in my new apartment), but in any normal lighting it looks great, and I've actually been specifically complimented on my "thick head of hair."

9-Months-Right-800_zps40dc61cc.jpg

^^Unlike the left side, the right side's hairline ultimately came out slightly more concave/curved upwards than I'd have liked, but not enough for anyone but me to notice or nit-pick :)

9-Months-Left-800_zps9c7fa245.jpg

^^The left side looks great - strong, dense hairline with a good shape to it!

9-Months-LeftClose-800_zps58a4b1d8.jpg

^^This is just another, closer side-shot of the left side's hairline. I think it looks very natural, a gradual gradient from thin hairs in the front-most lines with linearly-increasing density beyond. Even under three harsh vanity lights only about 18 inches away, it looks dense and opaque.

9-Months-Rear-800_zps314b39c8.jpg

^^Although my crown is a bit thin, I have my stylist use a #4 guard at the barber shop and my scar is essentially invisible. I might even try a #3 guard soon. Eventually I'll have a small FUE session done to fill it in anyway, so it's not a big deal.

9-Months-Crown-800_zpse77bea2e.jpg

^^Again with the crown - Finasteride's keeping it in check, but my next procedure, likely around 1,400 to 1,700 grafts, will focus on rebuilding the spiral in my central crown region, as well as making the overall shape of the sides of my frontal hairline more round and convex (without actually lowering the frontal forelock any).

Overall, my second procedure was very much worth it, lending much-needed density in the front and making styling much easier and more enjoyable; wind and water are no longer cause for alarm in everyday life either, since they no longer carry the threat of messing up carefully-styled hair or exposing carefully-hidden thinness.

As a quick follow-up, I just snapped a couple of quick shots to show more of what it looks like under more "normal" lighting...

This is under the three super-bright vanity lights about 18 inches from my face:

9-Months-Front-800_zps99e55555.jpg

This shot is with only one of the three vanity lights on, about 18 inches from my face...

9-Months-FrontNormal1-800_zpsb015569e.jpg

And here is normal overhead lighting in the living room:

9-Months-FrontNormal2-800_zpsb7129b5a.jpg

Those bathroom vanity lights are harshly honest, but real-world situations are generally much more forgiving.

looking very thick man!

congrats on successfully reaching month nine, still more good stuff to come

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Nice. Very natural. I imagine it will only get better as the transplanted hair takes on more of the characteristics of your native hair. Congratulations.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

looking great. it's getting thicker for sure, and the scar is barely visible. I enjoy reading your blog and updates. thanks for all the info from Dr. Gabel office. I have a surgery date with Dr. Gabel next month for my third HT

Looking great! Congratulations.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thanks everyone! This procedure has made all the difference as far as ease of styling and getting rid of the thin spots in the front.

It is one wicked widow's peak though... mannish can you try to re-post whatever pic you posted in your last post..? All I see is about 2 pages of computer code jibberish...

Edited by OtherSyde

Very nice results !

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

• 2 weeks later...

OK here are a couple of "real world" pics...

16JAN2014-ChairSide_zps938eac03.jpg

And here's a totally random pic... My friend was screwing around with my camera the other day and took a picture of me making a sandwich for some reason. It does show a good side profile view (nude culinary activities aren't specifically a hobby for me in case you're wondering... But since it's hot and humid all year round here in Hawaii, I do pretty much everything without a shirt, like most of the populace here, when I'm not at work - especially in my apartment that doesn't have air conditioning).

16JAN2014-KitchenSide_zps3d252778.jpg

Edited by OtherSyde

Amazing, very natural ,I am sure you are very pleased with your results so far and excited for even more growth to come.Thanks for sharing your progress

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Looks very easy to style.

For added density I grow my hair longer in the front, wash it back and then as it dries it layers down a little and the length gives appearance of more hair.

looks like you don't have to do that I'm jealous :-)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Too much cheese. lol!

If they remade Magnum PI I could imagine you in the lead role!

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Looks about as good as you could have wished for Othersyde!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3