Finasteride & Coffee

BeardedOne

I know many people take all their pills in one go in the morning - coffee significantly reduces the absorption of multivitamins into the system and increase their excretion from the body. Although I don't know of any clinical studies it is fair to imagine the coffee does the exact same to finasteride. Does anyone have any experience of this?

This does not mean anyone has to give up coffee! Rather, don't have a cup of coffee right after you've taken your pills, and conversely wait an hour after your cup of coffee before you take your pills.

Bottom line is, don't wash your finasteride down with a mug of coffee! :D

To be clear, I don't know whether coffee affects finasteride absorption at all, and would like to know from experts if it does - but if we are willing to take a pill every day to combat our hair loss then why risk reducing its impact by drinking a cup of coffee??

To be clear, I don't know whether coffee affects finasteride absorption at all, and would like to know from experts if it does - but if we are willing to take a pill every day to combat our hair loss then why risk reducing its impact by drinking a cup of coffee??

I just took my Daily pill with a Big Black cop of coffie ???

Want do that anymore, just in case.

I just took my Daily pill with a Big Black cop of coffie ???

Want do that anymore, just in case.

Yep, may as well be on the safe side. Who knows, it may be the difference between you being a good responder and a great responder! :cool:

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm not sure how coffee can affect the use of that drug, but I do know that if you drink coffee, you want to go to the bathroom more often than you normally do . Also caffeine in coffee dilates blood vessels and makes blood circulation faster. I drink only fresh and only ground coffee and use the coffee machine and coffee grinder from this site  helixcoffee.com  . I am feeling fine and do not have any serious health problem at my 58 .

Now you tell me? I am not kidding when I tell you that I used to, no more, have 20-30 cups of coffee a day.  Now I drink 2-4 large cups.  Not sure what impact, if any, this had on pills, vitamins, hbp meds, etc.  From time to time I do hear of studies involving coffee intake.  Some are great and some not so much.  I guess they'll find out when the open me up......Oh wait, they won't.  I prefer BBQ than being 6 feet under.

5 hours ago, LaserCap said:

Now you tell me? I am not kidding when I tell you that I used to, no more, have 20-30 cups of coffee a day.  Now I drink 2-4 large cups.  Not sure what impact, if any, this had on pills, vitamins, hbp meds, etc.  From time to time I do hear of studies involving coffee intake.  Some are great and some not so much.  I guess they'll find out when the open me up......Oh wait, they won't.  I prefer BBQ than being 6 feet under.

Did u literally just pound coffee all day at work even with meals?

Yes I did.  That doesn't even count all the coffee other people purchased for me.  I'll tell you a true story.  While living in Dallas we had a Starbucks within a few yards of our office.  Used to go there every day, twice a day.  Kept my receipts in the bottom drawer of my desk, (a file drawer).  My secretary went in there accidentally one day.  That afternoon she almost killed me.  She said, "do you realize I could have sent my kid to college with the money you've spent on coffee?"  20 years later I've slowed down a bit.

Went on a trip to Italy recently.  Amazing coffee.  Had my share.

23 minutes ago, LaserCap said:

Yes I did.  That doesn't even count all the coffee other people purchased for me.  I'll tell you a true story.  While living in Dallas we had a Starbucks within a few yards of our office.  Used to go there every day, twice a day.  Kept my receipts in the bottom drawer of my desk, (a file drawer).  My secretary went in there accidentally one day.  That afternoon she almost killed me.  She said, "do you realize I could have sent my kid to college with the money you've spent on coffee?"  20 years later I've slowed down a bit.

Went on a trip to Italy recently.  Amazing coffee.  Had my share.

Wow that’s intense. Any specific reason why so much coffee? I guess it’s better than cigs 

Love the taste.  As a matter of fact now I've gotten into eating coffee candy.  I purchased a huge can of Kopiko.  Thought it would be better. So then I went to an Asian market and purchased some there.  Not bad.  I am searching for something slightly better and a little bitter.  (Had a bunch of Cuban coffee while in Miami...it was great).