Help! Considering first HT and need advice!

I am a 30 year old male, originally from the UK. I started noticing that the sides of my hairline were receding about a year and a half ago. I began using a number of treatments over the next year and a half to combat this. Apart from the side parts I have a lot of hair on my head and can easily cover the bits that are receding but don't want to have to. First I use Rogaine Foam, just on the sides, this hasn't appeared to have any effect. Then I started Propecia and that did seem to give me more hair - but not on the sides which is the only part I wanted to re-grow. I even tried Latisse on those areas as heard it would help but that didn't seem to have much effect. After that I tried a 12.5% minoxidil cream, to be applied nightly, from the UK Belgravia clinic. This may have helped but it's hard to notice a difference. I'm worried that these stubborn side areas wouldn't respond to these types of medicine.

After all this I thought it was time to see about a Hair Transplant. I went to Bosley (Beverly Hills, I live in Los Angeles) who advised me that I would need 500-800 graphs. I am considering having the surgery done with them next wk so any fast replies much, MUCH appreciated!

Are Bosley any good? I've read good and bad things about them online? Which of the three surgeons there are the best - Mark V Andrews, Edwin A Suddleson or David P Deutsch?

If they are not the best can anyone reccommend a better surgeon in LA? Baring in mind I am not losing that much hair and want to do this on a bit of a budget as I am self employed?

Please Help! Thankyou.

Here's a guy from the UK who did thorough research before selecting his doctor. I recommend you read it through, see his current results and consider PM'ing him.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171968-raymond-konior-md-4-320-fut-grafts-august-2013-a.html

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Thanks very much! Yes - he reached out to me which was really very kind of him... it seems EVERYONE is saying avoid Bosley. Are there any LA based surgeons you would recommend? Thanks so much.

Nope. There are better options outside of LA in the US for FUT. And several great options for FUE in Europe. Depending on your situation and strategy.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

• 1 month later...

Avoid Botchly. Avoid any clinic that treats a hair transplant like a tire change. If they have sales guys and techs doing all the talking and a doctor who is behind the curtain till it's time to make a cut then you need to always throw up a red flag. A hair transplant needs to be something that is done with the rest of your life in mind. Meaning you should discuss your strategy, genetic hair loss likelihood, risks, expectations 10, 20, 30 years down the road etc.

It's sad that some of these guys just want to get you on the hair transplant treadmill knowing that once you get on you can never get off. This site is great because of all the photos and results you can dig up when researching a doctor on here. A doctor's reputation is everything and should be the name of the clinic, otherwise it is probably a company that goes after sales and couldn't care less about the medical side of such a procedure.