Dr. Lindsey, Dr. Epstien, or Dr. Cooley?

KD2020

Thanks! It's a tough decision, trying to determine between a number of them. Dr. Lindsey is the easiest drive, only 3 hours. Dr. Cooley is the next easiest, at about 5.5 hours. Everyone else I'm considering (Dr. Ron Shapiro, Dr. Hasson, Dr. Konier) is a plane trip. Both Dr. Shapiro and Dr. Hasson offer some travel reimbursement.

And therein lies part of the dilemma - it's not just one trip for surgery, right? There is follow up care.

Beyond staying 2-4 nights you wouldn't need to go back again if you didnt want to. Your sutures can be removed locally by a nurse/GP.

Checking up/progress could be done by email/phone/skype.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I flew to New York on Thursday from UK, had surgery the Friday and flew back Sunday. Apart from a few emails to Spex and a few posts on the forum, I generally had no need for anything after the surgery. My family took the staples out. I had Dr. Feller's number but had no need to call him, I spent the very next day walking around Manhattan. If there's one thing I'd do again it would be to have the first hair wash at the clinic the next day if possible, as I was quite nervous doing it myself because it's hard to know how much pressure and water to apply etc. If you stay in a hotel for a few days you'll be fine no matter where you travel.

I don't think you should look at distance as much of a problem. Hasson would be my choice but the 3 you mentioned are all top class so I'm sure you'll be happy regardless of who you go with.

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

Thanks Tommy. First hair wash the next day done at the Dr office sounds like a good idea.

3840 FUT grafts + Acell/PRP with Dr. Jerry Cooley April 17, 2014

And, I'll admit it - I'm trying the Help Hair Shake in my smoothies

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

No problem.

Yeah because the area is so sensitive and you can only use minimal water and suds, it's difficult to know how much pressure to apply etc so I think letting the clinic show you exactly how to do it is best. Though I did it myself and I've turned out fine so maybe it's not a huge deal but worth mentioning to your doctor I think!

2,000 grafts FUT Dr. Feller, July 27th 2012. 23 years old at the time. Excellent result. Need crown sorted eventually but concealer works well for now.

Propecia and minoxidil since 2010. Fine for 8 years - bad sides after switching to Aindeem in 2018.

Switched to topical fin/minox combo from Minoxidil Max in October 2020, along with dermarolling 1x a week.

Wrote a book for newbies called Beating Hair Loss, available on Amazon

FYI, my HT with Dr. Cooley was scheduled today for April 17th. Depending upon donor availability (due to prior work), aiming for 3,000. Looking forward to it!

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/174893-3-000-fut-my-visit-thursday-april-17-dr-cooley.html

Thanks, I greatly appreciate the input/insight. I'm really glad to have found this forum!

I did consider Ron Shapiro, and I submitted info to his website. I never did hear from anyone from that office, so I had to move on.

After talking with Mike Ferko representing Dr. Hasson, Lollie Russo representing Dr. Cooley's office, and a representative from Dr. Konier (a guy called me but I don't recall his name), as well as visiting Dr. Epstein in VA Beach and Dr. Lindsey in McLean in person, I have made a decision to go with Dr. Cooley.

I have scheduled an appointment with Dr. Cooley for April 17th for a minimum of 2,500 grafts, with the goal to see if 3,000 or slightly more is possible. My currently thinking is to improve current hairline density, as well as density in the mid-scalp region. That may change somewhat when I visit Dr. Cooley in person.

Today is my one year anniversary after an HT with Dr. Lindsey. I'd make sure that you consult in person with Dr. Lindsey, especially if it's an easy drive for you (he's 2.5 hours from me, but was/is well worth the drive). The more info you have, the better. He's down-to-earth, honest, and his work is great.

I can't speak to "discounts," as the last thing I was looking for was the cheapest route (if he charges less than others, then that's a bonus -- but a discounted price was not what I based my decision on).

I only have experience with Dr. Lindsey, but highly recommend him. I stopped my search after consulting with him.