Poor result from coalition surgeon

kal121

As stated - a young guy with a pretty good head of hair should not have been touched yet.

Being a 'Coalition' surgeon means very little in my opinion.

I urge people to base there decision on case records and other users word of mouth.

Too much emphasis put on the coalition. What exaclty are the requirements to become one?

I don't think that the scar is the greatest in the world either. I do think growing your hair out will certainly help!

Here are your coalition requirements. Thank goodness it's a little more than paying a fee! Bill and the guys running this board won't put people on here for just paying a fee. If that were the case, there would be about 30 thousand recomended doctors.

That said...here you go

Membership Criteria

A physician must meet the following requirements before being granted membership in the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians:

A demonstrated capability to successfully perform large sessions of ultra refined follicular unit grafting via strip excision or FUE hair transplant surgery using tiny incisions and grafts.

Follicular units via strip excision are microscopically prepared.

Minimizing the appearance of donor scarring by using cutting edge techniques via strip excision or follicular unit extraction.

The ability to dense pack tiny follicular unit grafts in a given area when appropriate.

Mastery and control of the orientation and direction of the transplanted grafts to achieve a completely natural appearance.

Dedication to doing state of the art hair restoration exclusively or at least as the main specialty of the clinic.

Excellent patient results demonstrating a high level of artistry and naturalness throughout, as well as excellent growth rates.

An excellent reputation of the physician amongst colleagues and former patients.

Several years experience in performing hair restoration surgery.

Medical training, depth of background, board certifications, honors, credentials, lectures, and published articles and books.

Note - All members contribute dues to support our joint educational resources and services.

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

What exactly does it mean other than they paid a fee to this website to be included in the coalition? Is there someone making money off this site or is it just a public forum?

Recommendation and Coalition status cannot be bought. If any physician could simply pay a fee and be recommended by this community then the community would very quickly cease to exist as there would be no value in our recommendations and we would lose credibility.

One of the goals of this network is to assist hair loss suffering men and women who are considering surgical hair restoration in connecting with skilled, experienced and ethical hair transplant surgeons with proven track records of delivering quality results. We are very clear that our list is not comprehensive and we are also very clear about recommended physicians paying a sponsorship fee to help pay the enormous cost of operating a site like this. Follow this link for more information about our recommendation criteria.

Many more surgeons regularly contact us about potential recommendation than are eventually approved. Only the the finest hair transplant surgeons who are willing to open themselves up to the scrutiny of members like you as well as their recommended peers may qualify to be on our recommendation list.

Having said that, it's pretty tough to find any surgeon in the world who has not had a dissatisfied patient from time to time. No one hits a home run every time. Of course, how a physician handles an unsatisfied patient is just one more detail that separates the great from the not so great.

We can stand behind our recommended surgeons because they are held to the highest standard and, if they should fail to live up to that standard we will, an have, withdrawn that recommendation.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

kal121,

That's not the best scar, I agree. I am sure you did research on how strip scars may turn out, right? The good news is, it can be repaired! Other than your scar, I don't think you have any other issue to worry at this stage. Even that scar may fade out a bit in few more months.

As others have said, 6 months is NOT enough time! You need at least 12 months to see the results. Some times up to 18 months!

"not even a SINGLE TRANSPLANTED HAIR has grown"

How do you know that? :D

"I am bald even after a Ht"

No, you are NOT bald pre or post! This is how bald men looks -----> Bald man

Having said that, I do not think you needed 4000 grafts in the first place! You are just 22 years old and NOT bald...! :confused:

Please find new friends!

All the best.

I had a long discussion with Kal121 during consultation that his hair loss will progress to Norwood VI or to the worst scenario VII even though he described his father as Norwood IV. He was informed regarding shock loss of existing hair after surgery and it might not growing back. He wanted to have low hair line and I advised him to move hair line higher than his existing line. His area of thinning hair measured from front toward the crown =220 cm2, the plan is to transplant at front to the top measured 155 cm2. Scalp laxity was 28%. Strip about 52 cm2 was excised and cut to 4059 grafts (1-hair=487 grafts,2-hairs=2883 grafts,3-hairs=689 grafts) on July 11,13 .Grafts were placed over 155 cm2 from front to top roughly 26 grafts/cm2. He was seen next day for follow up and left to India the following day. He was informed that it will take at least 8 months to see the difference or 12-18 months for the result.He also needs to take medication for his hair loss. Attached please see the pictures taken at the time of surgery. I know he is anxious to see big improvement but I don't expect to see much improvement of the result at 6 months other than be patient for another 6 months.

Dr. Pathomvanich is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

DHT CLINIC (BANGKOK, THAILAND) 32nd floor, Paholyothin Place Building, Paholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400.

Tel: +662 6190 351-3  ,  Fax: +662 6190 353

Visit our website  http://www.dhthairclinic.com      E-mail: info@dhtclinic.com

Here are the pre op photos.

5b32dc84ace43_DSC_0534(2).jpg.41a51735fa1ba6f0c0de1079099f6ef0.jpg

DSC_0544.jpg.5615ff16ebdfac8f3c5ef143dc953000.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg.8c94104aed6588b62425fc9d04ae49b1.jpg

Dr. Pathomvanich is a highly esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

DHT CLINIC (BANGKOK, THAILAND) 32nd floor, Paholyothin Place Building, Paholyothin Road, Phayathai, Bangkok 10400.

Tel: +662 6190 351-3  ,  Fax: +662 6190 353

Visit our website  http://www.dhthairclinic.com      E-mail: info@dhtclinic.com

I had a long discussion with Kal121 during consultation that his hair loss will progress to Norwood VI or to the worst scenario VII even though he described his father as Norwood IV. He was informed regarding shock loss of existing hair after surgery and it might not growing back. He wanted to have low hair line and I advised him to move hair line higher than his existing line. His area of thinning hair measured from front toward the crown =220 cm2, the plan is to transplant at front to the top measured 155 cm2. Scalp laxity was 28%. Strip about 52 cm2 was excised and cut to 4059 grafts (1-hair=487 grafts,2-hairs=2883 grafts,3-hairs=689 grafts) on July 11,13 .Grafts were placed over 155 cm2 from front to top roughly 26 grafts/cm2. He was seen next day for follow up and left to India the following day. He was informed that it will take at least 8 months to see the difference or 12-18 months for the result.He also needs to take medication for his hair loss. Attached please see the pictures taken at the time of surgery. I know he is anxious to see big improvement but I don't expect to see much improvement of the result at 6 months other than be patient for another 6 months.

Thanks for the reply doctor will keep this thread updated for the next 6 months

kal121, Has your plan always been to wear your hair short like this or did you intend to grow it out with the HT?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Here are the pre op photos.

Seriously (and I can't see the pics popping up - so go to Dr. Path's post showing three pre-op pics) and ask yourself,

-Why would a guy in his shoes want strip surgery? (young, semi-aggressive loss, great head shape, already has buzz)

-How did he reach the conclusion that strip would be a good idea after presumably studying these boards?

(Cost of FUE in India /Turkey at least as cheap as these strip guys)

Travesty IMO, and his scar isn't that bad, but as I've always said, a perfect smiley scar is a perfect smiley scar.

With a future pattern of hair loss and the fact you were only 22 years old, I would've put you on medical therapy and wait a few years to see how it held up. Hopefully you will get the result needed and have enough donor for future surgeries.

all the best!

After considering the age and pre-op photos (clearly being able to see the pattern of hair loss) I think this doctor should be highly chastised. I know that early twenties have been normal in recent HT surgeries, but in my opinion it is a bad idea for doctors to allow patients to do this when a pattern of loss such as this patients can be seen. Just my opinion, there are many opinions on this matter that I strongly respect that disagree with me and that is okay.

Kal121, Stick with the plan and remain calm. Keep engaged in hobbies to keep your mind off of your hair. Let some more time pass and then we will make a final decision on how to proceed. As for your friends, F em.

I am a big believer that this site is a big help to the industry, but for the time being STAY OFF OF IT. Just relax and let's see what happens. Grow hair long enough to keep that scar covered too.

Yep very nicely put by @Patriot34 those are words of wisdom only Matured thinking can bring in that into someone which comes by age and experience sadly the same age factor was not considered when kal21 went in for this. It is way…way…too…early at the age of 22 to undergo a Hair Transplant when there is still such progressive Hairloss. Infact any top Notch Doctor would have denied surgery on this guy. But can't do much now.Like said before This site is of great help But stop looking at some sad experiences and news here for a while actually for some months, can play on your mind and could also dampen your morale. Good Luck !