Sickness after HT and other Questions

Hello,

i have a few questions which couldn't be answered with searching forums and the internet:

1.Could the sickness have damaged the grafts?

I had fever (38,5°C) after a FUE hairtransplant 4 days post OP for 3 days but no high blood pressure because my eyes blacked out when standing up which indicates low blood pressure which i have all the time but this time its a bit stronger because my body was weakend from the flu.

2. Is it normal that some transplanted hair don't grow few weeks post op and will they still grow??

Im 3 weeks post op and i've noticed that some hairs didnt grow at all and others grew normally. Some hairs fell out already while removing the scabs 2 weeks post op but 60% is still there.

3. Can i use pure aloe vera mixed with water on the recipient area to speed the healing prozess (especially the redness)?

4. Can i buzz cut all my hairs including the transplanted one, so it looks even (3 weeks post op)?

Thx for all answers in advance and sorry for the long post and my bad englisch.

Greetings from germany!

1. Could sickness have damaged the grafts? I had fever (38,5°C) after a FUE hairtransplant 4 days post OP for 3 days from the flu.

I'm speculating, but my feeling is aside from being dislodged in the first 10 days, the transplanted grafts would endure whatever they normally would in the donor area. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. So a fever shouldn't hurt the graft unless it was due to infection in the recipient area.

2. I'm 3 weeks post-op and I've noticed that some hairs didn't grow at all and others grew normally. Some hairs fell out already while removing the scabs 2 weeks post-op, but 60% are still there.

Sounds normal to me.

3. Can i use pure aloe vera mixed with water on the recipient area to speed the healing process (especially the redness)?

You will find a lot of info on the use of aloe vera in the recipient area on this site.

4. Can i buzz cut all my hairs including the transplanted ones, so it looks even (3 weeks post op)?

You can, but I would wait at least a month before having your first haircut. I personally wouldn't 'buzz' the recipient area though. Did you have FUE or FUT?

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

You can, but I would wait at least a month before having your first haircut. I personally wouldn't 'buzz' the recipient area though. Did you have FUE or FUT?

Thanks for the quick reply.

I had a FUE HT. But i tought that the grafts are secure 9-10 days post op. Why should i wait for a month. Similar question i remember now is why i cant go to the gym until 2 weeks post op when the grafts are secure by day 9-10?

I didnt have an infection at the recipient site. You may be right about the grafts enduring everything they would normally do in the donor area but i think the grafts are much weaker at the recipient site because of the operation.

I would think with FUE you can go to the gym sooner than with FUT. I'd consult your doctor but I'm sure you can find that information on here.

They may be weaker after the transplant but as someone on here said: After 10 days you'd pretty much have to use pliers and a blowtorch to remove a graft. :)

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018