Hair transplants to look more attractive to women...

My girlfriend, funnily enough, tried to talk me out of having a HT initially. Then when I shaved down she thought I looked better with short hair. She eventually came round to the idea when she saw how it was beginning to affect me.

My point being, what made me go on meds and then subsequently go the HT route was because I was struggling to come to terms with what I was looking at in the mirror. I genuinely didn't care what anyone else thought, male or female. My hairloss was like a metaphor for my confidence.......eroding from inside to out (my loss started in my midscalp and progresses outwards).

What's funny is that I'm only 4 months post-op and already so many people are commenting about 'how well I look'.

Looking back, the people who commented on my hair loss to me would be people with their own insecurities. Of course, they'd want to appear bullet-proof so would want the attention elsewhere. Looking forward to meeting them again! :)

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Not me. Married and she really was not for it, but like it was stated above, wanted me to be happy.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Not me. Married and she really was not for it, but like it was stated above, wanted me to be happy.

Same here…she does love it now though…

Trying to talk her in to taking an Ottawa Vacation to see Dr Rahal in about 5 years for a touch up!:)

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Hello everyone,

I enjoy talking about the motivation behind men and women undergoing cosmetic surgery. Having a hair transplant seems to be a bigger deal for gentlemen than it is for their ladies. In some cases, maybe men are attracted to women who want them to have hair. Guys want to increase their chances to find an attractive girl. This is only a natural process that's seen in nature.

I think it's interesting that lots of straight men don't tell their wives or girlfriends about their hair transplants. While some significant others do want their men to be happy, some men still won't disclose facts about having the procedure. A lot of times, I've noticed that having an HT is merely a business transaction more than it is a personally motivated act.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - February 15, 2014 (Saturday)

Zurich, Switzerland - March 8, 2014 (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - June 5, 2014 (Saturday)

My opinions are not necessarily the opinions of Dr. Patrick Mwamba.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Mostly all married or men in long term relationship all tell me the same. That there wives don't want them to have it done because they are happy the way they are. But having a hair transplant has very little to do with relationship and more with how a person feels about themselves.

As for single men as superficial as it sounds most women prefer men that have hair . Hairloss not only affects our appearance but can consume us especially when we are starting a relationship. Although some people look great with a shaved head most like to have that opinion if they want to grow it out.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I'm happily married and the decision was fully mine.

She's very supportive, of course, and I think she is happy I made the decision. Not that she would divorce or love me less of course.....at least I don't think so :D.

Now that the results are showing we're both very happy. I've lost many many years of my age and I feel better in myself. I did it because I wanted to look better, style my hair etc. It's about me feeling good.

everyone does cosmetic surgery to be/feel attractive to the rest of the world around them

although most of us are not pressured into it and we do it by our own volition

ultimately, we do it because we think we will be accepted more readily by those around us wether sexually, professionally or otherwise.

if you feel pressure from anyone to do anything, especially cosmetic surgery, DUMP THEM

The reason why wifes and girlfriends don't want their husbands to get a hair transplant to improve how they look is because THEY don't want their husbands or boyfriends looking fitter and more confident incase other women will find them more attractive, simple as that.If he's still that overweight balding loveable guy no other woman will look at him.Sure she will make up every excuse under the sun like " ohh but I will love you with or without hair, bla bla bla" Women are devious creatures :))

I'm doing it for myself and no one else,as the saying goes, you look good, you feel good!!

just out of interest, how many straight guys here factored the opposite sex into their decision to get a HT?

My main reason was to get back my confidence, attracting the opposite sex is definitely apart of that and to stop the stupid name calling by others who have hair, i just want to look and feel normal.

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

In single guys I think it is certainly a factor, if I can remember as far back as my first transplant is was because I was convinced that I would look less attractive without hair and would affect my chances of meeting a good looking girl. I was 23 then and I think most guys in their 20's feel the same.

I see many patients and some have very supportive partners, for guys in happy relationships it is more about feeling good for themselves, in nearly every case the wife or girlfriend does not want them to get a transplant they say they love them for who they are and I am sure that is true. I think Suarez is true what he says in some cases that they may be concerned that the new hair and confidence will lead to a new woman.

I think money plays a big part that they could imagine what else they could do with the money, nice holiday, new kitchen, wardrobe etc.

I have not meet anyone who has come to me and said my wife/girlfriend wants me to get a transplant and are doing it to just to please someone else, I wonder how many woman have had a boob job to please a man though?

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

I think Suarez is true what he says in some cases that they may be concerned that the new hair and confidence will lead to a new woman.

I have not meet anyone who has come to me and said my wife/girlfriend wants me to get a transplant and are doing it to just to please someone else, I wonder how many woman have had a boob job to please a man though?

Haha you know it's true, when she gets jealous it's cute, when he does he's a controlling psycho :) It's the same with fellas and boob jobs, I would be all " ahh honey I love your little A cups, but I think there is a massive difference in a man feeling better with a fuller head of hair than a women walking around in a vest with DD's

I think that if a dude shows confidence with hair loss, he is going to be more attractive to a female, period. On the other hand, females do look at hair but also signs of weakness too.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I think any single person male or female who gets a HT and claims the opposite sex was not a factor in the decision is probably kidding themselves. At the same time hopefully it's not the main reason as that shows out of whack priorities.

There is a tv show in the uk called Take Me Out were men come done an elevator lift to 30 women who all have their light on and keep it on if they like the guy, last week the 1st guy had a great head of hair all 30 women kept their light on, the next guy was like a cueball lol you would have swore there was a power cut after he introduced himself, even women on there have said they don't like bald guys, they prefer to run their fingers through a mans hair.

I'm not sayin it's everything but most women will 1st check out a mans face & hair then his bum, so I've been told anyway.

This confidence, and bald acceptance movement is rubbish. Everyones here because they care about looking attractive, and if shaving were acceptable, and a viable option, most of you would of done it already, and moved on with your life. Hair matters, it creates an identity, and impacts sexual attraction heavily.

Baldness is a disease, it will weaken, and hinder attraction heavily. That's why most baldies settle for anything that comes there way, because the battle is lost, time is running out.

Don't forget why you are all here. Tired of people saying I need confidence, baldness took that away.

Edited by watch4norwoods

• 3 weeks later...

Agree with most of what has been said in that women definitely notice it.

So did it factor in? Definitely.

Funnily enough though once the transplant was done, and the hair grown in, the low pit where my low self esteem was, just magically filled in, and now I don't think about it any more. So basically it fixed my self-esteem, and I just feel normal.

• 2 weeks later...

This is totally awesome testimony to read. It's almost seems simple when hair comes.

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

The underlying reason that anyone has a hair transplant is basically the same - to restore self confidence in our appearance. I believe how the opposite sex views how we look plays at least some intrinsic role in our decision to undergo surgery. I know it did for me. Ultimately, I felt old and unattractive and wanted and my hair loss psychologically affected how I felt about the way I looked which affected how I felt about myself. I wore a hat everywhere and would often make excuses not to attend events where it wasn't appropriate to wear a hat.

It's been so long since I've undergone my last hair transplant procedure now that I almost forget that I would have been bald without them. But that's the point of getting this kind of surgery...so we can go about living our lives without constantly obsessing over our hair. Getting hair transplantation done was one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Just thought I'd share my experience and opinion.

Best wishes,

Bill