Bisanga FUE 2995 Dec 2013

GRIGRIMAN

Hi KO

Thank you for the question relating to hair line and buzz cut.

The previous photos taken at 5 months (shown again below) are even shorter than those presented at 6 months as the hair was at 2.5mm, so had a true "buzz look" if you like, and I and others met the patient also in person and took them and they show the hair line had indeed come in well and this can be the faster to come in, but also even at 2.5mm at month 5 there was no real major disparity in the rest of the surgery where we placed and looked very good even at that early stage and as short as it was literally every single placement is there to be seen and of course we expect more of a gradual filling in all over in time as still very early but there was no "wall effect" when shorter even at the early stage of 5 months.

Here a month of so later the photos are with significantly longer hair (not buzzed as such) and a more wild look all over, even in the non-transplanted area as the hair splays and apologies for the alliteration but coarseness, curl and clumping are also a part of it so there are hairs bunching together also that doesn't happen when shorter and buzzed so creates more gaps at it does so and the length of the hair, especially as the transplant is still developing will have impact.

At 6 or so months more growth will come still and even out as expected throughout but I don't think buzzing will be a problem for him now and even less longterm once the transplant has fully grown and matured.

I know the patient is having good comments from colleagues and others who know nothing about his surgery so there is nothing obvious in person to point out he has even had a transplant and such was the case at 5 months when I met and things will only improve as more even growth comes in and the hair cycles and settles more and we have a good few patients who wear a buzz cut after surgery (self included) and there is no wall effect as such.

5b32e0145d0ff_5months2.jpg.d8edf90269f4cd0f3ac9f0551e3ce577.jpg

5b32e0147dee7_5months.jpg.fc55d8eba3c58239b6c1479da38fe03f.jpg

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Dr. Christian Bisanga is recommended on the Hair Transplant Network

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi KO

Sorry to only reply now, I try to have weekends away from computer screens as much as possible.

Density for a hair transplant is only one factor in the overall result. The follicular unit make up and distribution is an important part and often overlooked.

A hair line per se will have higher density initially because it has in the first few rows single haired follicular units, so in essence a fairly high amount will be needed due to this factor and we typically place around 500/600 or more singles in establishing this and this patient had around the 600 mark. Singles and not doubles are used here initially for softness and creating a natural hair line. Then as the hair line goes back into what is defined as a different zone with different terminology used then doubles will be used and this area will help to give "fullness" to the hair line and is an important part in having a soft hair line in front but giving some depth and fullness to it as the patient is observed from the front, so that the hair line is soft but not see through.

Then further back density will drop and again larger folllicular units can be deployed including 2s, 3s and 4s if present and at a lower density than the singles in the anterior part of the hair line. They contain more hair and less density needed for the "illusion".

The density will decrease as one places back but as said with higher units, so not singles as such and the graft make up that this patient had also reflects this approach. The singles were there for the initial work, then there are larger groups there and a good number of 3s and some 4s also harvested.

Had the patient had only 1s and 2s then the distribution, approach and result would also be different but with his groups then it allows for density changes as we place and following the protocol for hair line design and behind.

Hair line and indeed placement throughout the scalp could be discussed in several threads and topics and essentially a transplant is about an illusion of coverage and not matching native density or most would run out of donor aside from other issues, so use of follicular units and make up, the lay of the grafts etc is all part of obtaining the illusion and for patients like me who had extensive loss then the density will drop even further as the doctor places backwards.

Doctor Bisanga and I will be in London in September and if Grigriman is indeed available and able to meet us again then we would be happy to take again high definition photos at the 9 month stage in the same room, camera, lighting and angles and then the progression will also be easy to see on what was already looking very good at the 5 month mark.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Thank you stinger99

Yes - I'm starting to grow my hair longer. Weird as my hair hasn't been longer than 6mm for the past 10 years.

Some of the comments I've received that Sl makes reference to on this thread are "your hair is getting longer", "I like your hair cut", "why don't you let your hair grow - side parting", "you look slimmer". Unbelievable really.

• 1 month later...

I'm now approaching 8 months.

My hair is currently a grade 4 on top and a 1 on the sides. This is the longest I've had it for 20 years.

Comments continue. I saw my Mum for the first time since the operation last week and she asked me "have you had a hair transplant", "I thought you were losing your hair", "you look so much younger". I've recently come back from a 2 week business trip and a colleague said "you've come back with more hair rather from less". I had lunch with my ex-girlfriend yesterday and she laughed so hard. She couldn't believe how much hair I have now "you look about 20". I'm 40 in a few months.

Top.jpg.33513ab4b2de76159b80d2e8815a7413.jpg

LHS.jpg.c825af8c1c5ad46a56d480eae05f5b3c.jpg

RHS.jpg.434c83485a92f2b28c4e1e8c85ba8037.jpg

5.jpg.3f1cd84ca4ab7fb94263b33e17ead2fa.jpg

Edited by GRIGRIMAN

Looks really good GRIGRIMAN and a huge difference. The compliments must feel good.

Money well spent? :D

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

• 4 weeks later...

Grigriman got an excellent result.

I do think, however, that the pictures taken in sunlight do provide a timely reminder of the limitations of hair restoration procedures that must cover a relatively large area with a relatively small number of grafts. Obviously, there's probably more maturation and thickening to come but those pictures do highlight why a longer hairstyle is necessary to complete the illusion of a full head of hair.

The current hairstyle tends to emphasize the difference in density between native and transplanted hair but Bisanga's work - as always - is stunning

I’m now at 8.5 months.

I grew my hair to a grade 8. I clipped the sides to a grade 1 which made me look like a flower pot so I clipped it all to a grade 1. This was the longest I’ve grown my hair for 20 years. The transplanted hair has lost its wiry look and seems to be blending in with the native hair much better.

I exercise every other day so keeping my hair short is more practical (although running a comb through my hair felt great). I appreciate I may not be maximising my results but having an even hairline and density makes a big difference for me.

To be honest, I’ve almost forgot about having a hair transplant now although I anticipate having a second. I’ll discuss this with Dr Bisanga and Sl and I’ll follow their guidance with respect to timing and strategy.

I’ll upload some new images as soon as my hair is longer.

I’m now at 8.5 months.

I grew my hair to a grade 8. I clipped the sides to a grade 1 which made me look like a flower pot so I clipped it all to a grade 1. This was the longest I’ve grown my hair for 20 years. The transplanted hair has lost its wiry look and seems to be blending in with the native hair much better.

I exercise every other day so keeping my hair short is more practical (although running a comb through my hair felt great). I appreciate I may not be maximising my results but having an even hairline and density makes a big difference for me.

To be honest, I’ve almost forgot about having a hair transplant now although I anticipate having a second. I’ll discuss this with Dr Bisanga and Sl and I’ll follow their guidance with respect to timing and strategy.

I’ll upload some new images as soon as my hair is longer.

Hi grigriman

Thanks for the update and interesting point on hair maturing as this is often over looked but is part and parcel of the process that takes time and often differences are seen in the first few years with respect to this aside from growth coming in.

Looking forward to seeing you again in London.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.

Hi grigriman

Thanks for the update and interesting point on hair maturing as this is often over looked but is part and parcel of the process that takes time and often differences are seen in the first few years with respect to this aside from growth coming in.

Looking forward to seeing you again in London.

I represent Dr. Bisanga.