2500 graft transplant at HDC Cyprus

hairman2

Hi guys,

after being an active member of hair loss forums for 7 years now, I finally decided to do something against my hair loss and went through with a transplant.

I stopped holding out hope on having a viable hair multiplication or cell based treatment any time soon as there have simply been too many disappointments with little hope on the horizon for the near future, which is why I started doing research on hair transplant clinics and singled out a couple of clinics which have shown very consistent results for years with little or no negative feedback.

Taking all variables into account I decided get in touch with the HDC clinic in Cyprus via email to discuss my expectations. We agreed on a 2-day transplant which took place on 12. - 13. Dec 2013.

HDC took care of the flight arrangements and picked me up from the airport. I was brought to one of their apartments which was located directly across of the clinic which is extremely convenient when having to come in for daily checkups and hair washes post-op.

On the day of the surgery a blood test was first taken and we began to discuss the procedure and my expectations. Despite the fact that I have quite some hair loss in the crown area as well as in the frontal area I decided to only focus on the frontal area for my first procedure.

After taking the advice of the doctors and the technical staff into consideration, I decided on a hair line which was drawn on my forehead. The number of FUs required to fill in the frontal half of my scalp was estimated to be something between 2500 and 3000 grafts.

The procedure took place over two days.

Also, at this point I would really like to thank the HDC staff for their dedication in ensuring that I get the best possible results and experience at the clinic.

I spent several hours chatting with the technical staff during graft extraction and placement and really felt that they were sincerely devoted to providing me with the best possible experience and results.

The technical staff involved in my procedure all looked back on several years (5 - 10 years) of experience in hair transplantation and appeared to do their work with a lot of devotion and professionalism. At no point did I feel that the clinic was trying to sell me anything that was not in my interest or beyond realistic expectations. I literally do not see how the staff could have possibly done a better job.

Unfortunately however, although the operation was quite pain-free, I did have quite a bit of pain in the donor area even at 1 week post-op. But I was able to get relief with the help of over the counter painkillers (ibuprofen and paracetamol), luckily I am now at day 12 and the pain has largely subsided already. Nevertheless, I will keep you updated.

before:

DSC_0521.JPG

DSC_0526.JPG

DSC_0527.JPG

DSC_0529.JPG

day of the procedure:

DSC_0564.JPG

DSC_0565.JPG

DSC_0566.JPG

DSC_0567.JPG

DSC_0568.JPG

DSC_0570.JPG

regards,

hairman2

Edited by hairman2

Your donor hair looks about as good it gets which should result in a fine outcome.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Looks like the usual good, clean work from HDC. I'm a fan of Dr Maras. On a somewhat seperate issue.......I think you'd look really good with a shaved look. I think you'd look so much younger than your pre-op pics. I was told the very same myself and I now see it in certain people since. You seem to tick a lot of boxes to pull off the short look......nice shaped head, good skin etc.

I'd really recommend you give it a go for the first 3-4 months of post op. It was the best thing I ever did.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

thanks for the feedback guys... i'm 3 weeks post-op now and some of my hairs have fallen out already, I cant wait for them to grow back. I hope the result will be good, but I think the HDC staff did a fantastic job, so I am quite optimistic.

thanks for the feedback guys... i'm 3 weeks post-op now and some of my hairs have fallen out already, I cant wait for them to grow back. I hope the result will be good, but I think the HDC staff did a fantastic job, so I am quite optimistic.

Can you post some Update pics??

Would love to see how it looks at 3 weeks

The manual extractions are so good. Dr. Maras is one of the few FUE doctors along with Bisanga who does both extractions and incisions by himself. I respect that a lot. Im sure you will have a great result. You are going to have a great hairline and soon a great crown in the future. Keep posting Buddy.

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

The manual extractions are so good. Dr. Maras is one of the few FUE doctors along with Bisanga who does both extractions and incisions by himself. I respect that a lot. Im sure you will have a great result. You are going to have a great hairline and soon a great crown in the future. Keep posting Buddy.

Yes he does and that gives you a lot of confidence. The technicians are great too. The entire team at HDC are brilliant.

Can you post some Update pics??

Would love to see how it looks at 3 weeks

hey johnny2000,

sry, was a bit busy last week but here are some quick snapshots of my hair after 4 weeks, with wet hair. As you can see, the little hairs have almost all fallen out. I cant wait for them to grow back in the upcoming months... will keep you guys posted.

IMG_20140112_140346.jpg

IMG_20140112_140357.jpg

IMG_20140112_140402.jpg

hey johnny2000,

sry, was a bit busy last week but here are some quick snapshots of my hair after 4 weeks, with wet hair. As you can see, the little hairs have almost all fallen out. I cant wait for them to grow back in the upcoming months... will keep you guys posted.

IMG_20140112_140346.jpg

IMG_20140112_140357.jpg

IMG_20140112_140402.jpg

Hey buddy. I Think it looks really good.

Do you Think anyone Can se you had a HT at This stage?

Or is it very obviesly that you hade something done.?

Hey buddy. I Think it looks really good.

Do you Think anyone Can se you had a HT at This stage?

Or is it very obviesly that you hade something done.?

hey johnny,

well, as you can see there is still some residual redness, but I dont think people would attribute it to a hair transplant at this stage. Apart from that, I use concealer to cover my scalp and with that, I think the procedure is virtually undetectable.

hairman2

That is very Nice to hear.

The Reason i ask is because im booked with dr. Hakan in april, for around 2000 grafts

And would like if it could be undetectebel. I Got 4 weeks off work.

And it is mostly in the frontal area i Will get the grafts

That is very Nice to hear.

The Reason i ask is because im booked with dr. Hakan in april, for around 2000 grafts

And would like if it could be undetectebel. I Got 4 weeks off work.

And it is mostly in the frontal area i Will get the grafts

sweet! Well 4 weeks is plenty of time to be looking normal again. I think you'll be fine. Good Luck with your transplant!

4 weeks is a good amount of time for redness to die down!

Looking good here Hairman. I'm similar to you on surgery date so will be interesting to see how we both pan out. Good luck pal.

Thx for your answer pal.

Good luck to both of you ?

• 9 months later...

Hey hairman, congratulation on your successful surgery.

How many grafts did you have transplanted. It has been a while since your transplant, please share your results and your beautiful new hair.

• 3 weeks later...

I like the work done. You have a great donor area and very nice temple peaks to help frame your face, so the aggressive hairline will work well for you. I think you are going to be thrilled with the results. I agree with one of the posters who said you would probably look great with shorter hair. You have great hair color and complexion for that look. You were probably like me...wearing our hair longer in hopes no one would notice our hair loss. Wishful thinking. Hopefully those days are gone for us both very soon. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...