How many days should I stay in Turkey post FUE surgery?

givememyhair

Hi Guys,

I will be getting my FUE done with Dr. Hakan in Feb. My current plan is, that I would stay there at least 9 days post-op so I could at least get rid of all the scabs before I fly back. However, I would love some opinions on whether there is any real benefit on it and if 9 days is enough for the scabs to shed?

The clinic said I need at least 20 days to recover but I thought they might be referring to other factors? I wonder, if its really worth staying there for 9 days post-op or if I could fly back 4 days post-surgery? The doctors said I could fly back the very next day, but I would prefer to avoid that, as time is not a major concern for me, but I wonder if its worth staying the extra days?

Hi,

Based on those who have gone through FUE, I wonder, how the doctors kept a count of your grafts? Is it simply a manual count and you just have the take the doctors word for it, or are there systems in place which provide more concrete evidence of the graft count?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I've covered my experience of this here: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/172724-fue-procedure-jan-02-2014-dr-demirsoy-2.html

I would fly back the next day if I were you as you are not likely to want to go out anywhere and therefore you'll just be wasting money staying inside your accommodation.

Anyway, have a read of my experience so far and decide for yourself!

Good luck!

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience. My current plan is to stay for another 5 days post-surgery, as I was hoping I would be able to go out with a cap. Could you tell me more about why you think this would be difficult?

Thanks

After reading everyone's experiences I'm leaving about 30 hours after the procedure

Ht #1: sure hair for men 21 years old unk amount of grafts. waste of money

Ht #2: 2005 with FUT with Dr Armani. Don't remember the amount of grafts. Great result re building the hairline and frontal thirs

HT #3: Jan 18 with Dr Doganay Fue: 2500 grafts, 600 crown, 400 into Fut scar, 400 temple rebuild, the rest into the front third to beef up the hairline. still waiting on results obviously

Hi,

Work isnt a big issue for me, as I can work from anywhere as long as I have my laptop. The reason why I wanted to stay for 5-6 days was

1. To travel around a bit in the city and experience a different culture (I wonder, if this is feasible after the transplant?)

2. To get rid of the majority of scabs to avoid embarassment on the airport/flight (especially during security check).

Any thoughts?

my only thought is that i was considering going to turkey for a fue procedure and thought that because of the heat, i wouldn't wear a cap (sweaty, too tight?) but probably a bandana and i thought that i'd want to stay a few days extra while i was there

Hi Givememyhair - To be honest, going by the way I have felt, I am very very glad I came home so quickly.

Firstly - I got the impression that wearing a hat is really only desirable for ver short periods and is purely there to cover it when you HAVE to go out into the open for a brief time. I felt extremely cautious around my head (and still do 5 days later) and even wearing the hat I didn't feel very good about it as I wasn't sure whether I was potentially causing problems to the new grafts. I also feel that letting the hair breath is again more healing help. And even with a hat on, you can still accidentally knock your head etc and it's just not worth the risk in my opinion. It took a lot for me to go through with my procedure, financially, time wise and in terms of the personal decision. I wasn't going to risk anything for sight seeing. I didn't find it very comfortable either, even when I was wearing a hat for an hour during my walk through the airport.

Also, you will be aware 24/7 of your head, so I don't know how much you will feel like concentrating on sight seeing etc.

And with regards to scabs coming off to avoid embarrassment etc. There are a few things about this...

1 - The airport staff are clearly used to seeing cosmetic surgery patients coming through their doors. Istanbul is a hot bed for it, and they didn't bat an eyelid when I took my hat off at security, the gates etc. The hotel staff didn't seem to care, and neither did the guests. I sat at breakfast and lunch without my hat. No biggie!

My other thoughts and feelings were - Do I know any of the people around me and am I gonna see them again? Even if I was, do I even care what they think so much so that it impacts on myself spending more money staying in a hotel, more time away from my comfortable home etc?! That's the way I viewed it - this is about you, not about what anyone else thinks! They might look at you (although they might not!) but once they've had a 2 second look, they will crack on with their day and go and buy their fish, get a plane, go to work, meet up with the misses, do a bank robbery, paint a fence etc...

I mean all this in a friendly positive way - basically I wouldn't restrict yourself due to worrying about what others think mate. As soon as I sat on the plane, I took my hat off and treated my head to 4.5 hours of blissful healing and soothing air!

Jameslondon - you definitely cannot go out without a hat on. You need to keep the area protected. It's not worth the risk dude :-)