1 year post FUE results - need input/advice

Guys this is about a poster that is concerned about his transplant. I would recommend at the moment to stick to the original posters concerns. The moderator already stated that he would talk to Dr. Diep about it. This poster makes a lot of legitimate concerns in my opinion. After looking again at his photos and only able to judge from the them I do believe that the direction is not quite right also think there is visible thinning on the side that the fue was taken. Althought I do believe all 1200 grafts look as though they have grown.

I have always put a lot more weight on what a patient post compared to the clinic. That has always been my view.

My opinion Merry Christmas!

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, I never tried to make it personal or attack you as a person. But if you want to go down that path, I have read many of your post and many of them are knowledgeable and helpful. However, there were times were you yourself were deceitful and perhaps a liar. Allow me to demonstrate in a discussion you took part in, in this particular thread. Pages 22 and 23 to be precise.....

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/170537-donor-scar-options-23.html

And here's an example of a member pulling you up on one of your deceitful claims

Here is you making a point. The very honest person that you are....

And here's someone pulling you up on it.....

What exactly do you think that implies? It means that when someone is 30 that strip or FUE can be considered while anyone under 30 is more suitable for FUE.

Here is a more detailed answer regarding Feriduni's stance, taken from his rep Daphne:

s59jswOl.png

Feriduni also reiterated this to me personally during our Skype consult. He is not a fan of performing strip to young patients.

Taken from Feriduni's website:

Patients older than 30 - 35 are also deemed as being more suited, as the occurrence of the so-called stretch-back effect is less pronounced.

In general

Email proof from Feriduni's team that they try and avoid strip for young guys. I had a skype consult with Feriduni before then where he stated the exact same thing.

Guys this is about a poster that is concerned about his transplant. I would recommend at the moment to stick to the original posters concerns. The moderator already stated that he would talk to Dr. Diep about it. This poster makes a lot of legitimate concerns in my opinion. After looking again at his photos and only able to judge from the them I do believe that the direction is not quite right also think there is visible thinning on the side that the fue was taken. Althought I do believe all 1200 grafts look as though they have grown.

I have always put a lot more weight on what a patient post compared to the clinic. That has always been my view.

My opinion Merry Christmas!

Fair point.

You made it sound like the scar did not stretch at all. As if scar stretching and keloid formation were two exclusive factors. You make it sound like the scar had not physically stretched when it is obvious it has, regardless of keloid formation. Clearly the scar DID stretch and it happened to be keloid. I mentioned both(as shown in my previous post where I advised the patient). You clearly stated I didn't point out the keloid formation, I proved you wrong.

No no no, far from it. The scar did stretch, but large portion of that is due to the Keloid. Just look at the size of it, it's massive and obvious. That was the point I was making. If you have kelod, you will get keloid in the area you had your strip, because thats where the wound was.

I've seen videos (I really don't want to seem like a promotor) of people with scar issues doing to Diep and having it corrected using FUE and having the scars filled in and its barely visible. The videos are there on his channel.

No surgeon can guarantee a scar won't stretch. However Diep told the patient "It should be fine" and neglected to tell him about the potential for it to stretch due the individual physiology. That is the unethical part right there.

I'm not doubting Diep can produce fine scars. Please show me a post of mine where I stated he cannot. Show me a post where I stated Diep CONSTANTLY produces wide scars. I have stated that I think doctors like Shapiro and H&W have better donor closures, but I think they have the best donor closures in the business.

Really? I signed the forms before I had surgery. Dr Diep in his emails and forms clearly informs you to take a variety of tests.

Funnily enough and I'm being honest here, I saw on the form asking me whether I suffered from Keloid. I knew months in advance due to the forms I was sent via email. Dr Diep in his reply in that thread clearly said that he never operates on a patient that suffers from Keloid.

The forms also explain detail of all the warnings that come with the procedure. I was initially sent 4 attachment files for both FUE and FUT and it told me of all the risks and what could potentially happen. Pretty sure the patient read that. Dr Diep even told me face to face that I would get a permanent scar and that that no matter how good he is with his closure, there's no such thing as free scar operation.

Because I am against his recommendation friend. Get over it. I will continue to be VERY VOCAL whenever I see a bad work from him. I will continue to point out the shoddy flaws in his cases when I see them. All the best with your procedure however.

Just saw lorenzo post, I'll stop debating now since he makes a valid point. You think he's a bad surgeon, fine fair enough and you know why I had an issue. I believe he's excellent and his videos (not photos) are consistently good with patients after patients being more than happy to show their faces to reveal their full results and there being weekly updates on his youtube channel. Hence, why I chose him as I believe photos can be deceiving when it comes to results

Anyway, apologise for any personal attacks or if I offended you :)

Just saw lorenzo post, I'll stop debating now since he makes a valid point. You think he's a bad surgeon, fine fair enough and you know why I had an issue. I believe he's excellent and his videos (not photos) are consistently good with patients after patients being more than happy to show their faces to reveal their full results and there being weekly updates on his youtube channel. Hence, why I chose him as I believe photos can be deceiving when it comes to results

Anyway, apologise for any personal attacks or if I offended you :)

No worries :) Water under the bridge hehe. I apologize too for any personal attacks, I get a bit passionate sometimes. All the very best.

I agree with Mickey85...angles are wrong...not congruent with native hair at all. Donor should have been harvested in a more spread out pattern..instead of concentrated in a certain area...now making that area thinner than the rest...lazy work!!

This is a typical result of FUE not being performed correctly. I think we're going to see a very large waive of these types of results coming our way....unfortunately an unlimited amount of doctors have jumped on the "FUE bandwagon"....when not every patient is a good candidate for FUE.....

This looks like a case of sub-optimal growth. I'm guessing but probably 500 grafts went in the left temple and 700 in the right. Looking at the Dr's video of a 1,500 graft case (also Asian hairline), you would expect to see more.

It's impossible to say if the angles are wrong because a)You seem to have combed your hair to exaggerate it from one picture to another (note the flow or hair from one side on picture compared to top down - they are different); and b)New hair tends to grow wiry for the first few months, and I believe you were a slow grower looking at some of your earlier posts.

As for the taking grafts from one side only. I have no major problem with that for small sessions provided you don't end up with a thin appearance. I mean, why use more anaesthetic and saline just in order to spread the grafts out all over the head(?) It would be a bit like taking a 30cm strip just for 1000 grafts.

I can only guess but it seems like you were unlucky with regards to the cyst that formed as the patchy area is concentrated around it.

I suspect the doc will say give it 6 months.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I personally don't have a problem with someone being outspoken about a doctor they feel doesn't qualify as a top surgeon in hair restoration. It's subjective, but it's hard to find negative reviews of top HT surgeons and any criticism should give anyone considering something as serious as hair transplantation pause before they either take the plunge or choose a surgeon. It's a major decision.

If those negative comments compel you to do more research about a doctor it can only be a good thing. If they steer you in another direction, that's part of the research process. I imagine there are countless members here (like myself) who were pretty sure who they were going to for their procedure, only to see a comment or read a review that made them keep searching. I don't think there's such thing as over-thinking, over-researching or waiting too long when it comes to hair restoration.

This idea of 'it's easily remedied' galls me. Yes, hair restoration has a lot of variables, but there are too many consistently good surgeons out there for that to be a fall back position anymore. As far as I'm concerned, you don't get too many chances of sub-optimal work if you want to be considered the best in any field. Just my two cents.

I hope it all turns out satisfactory for you asiandude.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

Hi Guys,

Just sent Dr. Diep an email. Look forward to his reply. I will keep everyone updated. In the meantime, I appreciate the civility!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

This idea of 'it's easily remedied' galls me. Yes, hair restoration has a lot of variables, but there are too many consistently good surgeons out there for that to be a fall back position anymore. As far as I'm concerned, you don't get too many chances of sub-optimal work if you want to be considered the best in any field. Just my two cents.

It may "gall" you but gives asiandude hope. He may have to pay to have the problem fixed, but it is fixable, which gives quite a bit of piece of mind. Let's just hope that he goes somewhere (with Diep or otherwise) that can appropriately asses and remedy the problems with his procedure.

It may "gall" you but gives asiandude hope. He may have to pay to have the problem fixed, but it is fixable, which gives quite a bit of piece of mind. Let's just hope that he goes somewhere (with Diep or otherwise) that can appropriately asses and remedy the problems with his procedure.

It should "gall" everyone that a person with such minimal loss is going to be a repair patient after going to a recommended surgeon

Hi Guys,

Just sent Dr. Diep an email. Look forward to his reply. I will keep everyone updated. In the meantime, I appreciate the civility!

thanks!

i have my surgery booked with Dr. Diep end of January, and I've been really impressed with his work, but wondering what his explanation is for the OPs issues.

Also, OP, did the dr. recommend more grafts than 1200? or was the 1200 the most that he had suggested?

I agree with you 100% Mickey85. Especially on hair1978! A real doctor should know if you're qualify for FUE or not. Clearly this guy wasn't. For the amount of hair he needs, Dr Diep only recommended him 2,026 grafts?!?!? THAT'S INSANE!!!!

Also, Dr Diep is very annoying on YOUTUBE. His videos on there are very unprofessional.

But again that's my opinion.

I agree with you 100% Mickey85. Especially on hair1978! A real doctor should know if you're qualify for FUE or not. Clearly this guy wasn't. For the amount of hair he needs, Dr Diep only recommended him 2,026 grafts?!?!? THAT'S INSANE!!!!

Also, Dr Diep is very annoying on YOUTUBE. His videos on there are very unprofessional.

I agree, I would say more about his videos but I have said enough about his work...

let the videos be basic, i don't care for glitz or glamour in the videos, i want to see results from the procedures, and the videos show them. is it better to wait a month in between each video so they can do the proper processing and visual effects?

Dr. Diep gives you options when you get your consultation, i'm a NW3 and he recommended anywhere from 1500 to 2250. do you think the higher end of hair1978s recommendation was 2k grafts? hair1978 most likely wanted a less invasive surgery which is why he went with FUE and with around 2k graft which is close to the maximum limit.

Do you think the higher end of hair1978s recommendation was 2k grafts? hair1978 most likely wanted a less invasive surgery which is why he went with FUE and with around 2k graft which is close to the maximum limit.

I looked at hair1978's blog and cringed when I saw the donor site. It is obvious that he had grafts taken outside of the 'safe' zone. This is also why I'm all for waiting until your MPB is well-established before having a HT. If I had grafts taken in the same fashion as hair1978's at the same age as he had his procedure, I'd be a repair case now. What's worse is that the hair loss in the recipient area (due to harvesting outside of the safe zone) wouldn't have happened until years later and could be blamed on anything. There's really no excuse to harvest outside of what has long been established as the safe zone.

3,425 FUT grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Nov 2013

1,600 FUE grafts with Dr Raymond Konior - Dec 2018

If you actually read the Hair1978 blog (instead of making an assumption), you'd know his going back for a second procedure. This is what he said in his blog a year after his first procedure

Now that the year is over, my results has given me some coverage (no longer that bald look), but certainly not excellent density given the level of my hairloss and number of grafts received.

I will schedule a one-year follow up appointment with Dr Diep to access my results and discuss about a 2nd procedure.

Oh, I wonder why that is? Perhaps Dr Diep informed him that the number of grafts he was getting in the first procedure wasn't going to give him good density? The guy wanted FUE. It's common for people that bald to go back for several procedures, especially in the case of FUE. He's had a successful transplant in which all his hair has grown and he's now going back to add more, to give it more density.

Look at this recent video from a few weeks ago. This guy was pretty much bald on the top. No doubt Dr Diep (who is very pro FUE) recommended that he have a strip procudre since you get more grafts from that in one procedure. This bloke had 1 procedure done and he now has a head full of hair. Had he had FUE, he'd have had to go back for more than 1 procedure, like hair1978

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkpU6TK_-6g

In my case, I thought I only needed 1,300. When Dr Diep saw me in person, he realized that it would not be enough and that I would need between 1,500-2000 graft and I was no where near the level of balding as that guy.

You think Dr Diep simply looked at him and said, yup, you only need 2,026 graft? If you actually watch Dr Dieps videos (and I've watched god knows how many) I've seen in videos in which he clearly describes how many grafts he's going to place on their head and crucially, whether it will give that person good density or not. In most cases, he says it will and his results tend to show for it. But in some videos, he says it won't and more often than not, it is because the patient cannot afford and he say this very clearly.

His videos are very annoying on youtube? Fine, why I don't know. Perhaps you dislike his voice. But unprofessional? That makes no sense. Why? It's clear, detailed and straight to the point?

- unprofessional because he uploads videos on a fortnightly basis? With a variety of different videos being uploaded such as Pre-op, post op, 1 week, 2 weeks, 5 months, 12 month video updates being uploaded of patients.

- unprofessional because he zooms in to show the results of his work, combing the hair forward and backward and not deceiving viewers like photos do?

- unprofessional because he shows and educates his viewers on how the FUE or FUT is done?

- unprofessional because his patients come back to show their results and in some cases, show their face and give a testimonial?

unprofessional because he categories his results on his channel in order so that one section on his channel has African American results, another has Caucasian results and another has Asian results and it's suited to a persons need?

How very annoying and unprofessional of him. I wish he'd stop uploading results and pre-procedure videos on a regular basis and instead kept all his videos on his website and only have a select few.

The great thing about his videos are that their not flashy and there's no gimmick. It's a simple, here's the patient, this is is the procedure that's going to be performed or, here is the patient and this is the result, followed by photos of what they looked like before.

I've never understood why people feel the need to endlessly defend their surgeon on these boards,you paid him and that's really all you owe him. In the case of unfounded bashing I get it, but this is not a good result and deserves attention and explanation. All of this bickering from parties not involved is stupid and serves no point.

Such unbelievable incompetence... I'm just shocked.

How can this doctor be recommended by anyone at all? Since he has been criticised by many... yet still does this?

1 - it has not enough density

2 - the angles of the new hairs don't match the ones from the native hairs (this is so ridiculous for a professional doctor)

3 - the transplanted hair was all transplanted from the same donor area (FACEPALM!)

Fortunely this is easily fixed. So OP don't desperate!

But I have to ask to the OP to NOT go to Dr.Diep ever again and to spread the word about his abysmal incompetence.

This is totally UNNACCEPTABLE!

Such unbelievable incompetence... I'm just shocked.

How can this doctor be recommended by anyone at all? Since he has been criticised by many... yet still does this?

1 - it has not enough density

2 - the angles of the new hairs don't match the ones from the native hairs (this is so ridiculous for a professional doctor)

3 - the transplanted hair was all transplanted from the same donor area (FACEPALM!)

Fortunely this is easily fixed. So OP don't desperate!

But I have to ask to the OP to NOT go to Dr.Diep ever again and to spread the word about his abysmal incompetence.

This is totally UNNACCEPTABLE!

Check out one of Dr. Diep Patient CanYouHairMeNow. Click month 23 and look at the last picture, it just looks very uneven to me when the hair fully mature. You can tell the doctor didn't put the right donor graft in the right recipient spot. One side has way more density than the other.

Another thing I noticed is that Dr Diep does FUE with the patient SITTING UP (the patient is suppose to be facing down lying on something that looks like a massage bed so that way he/she can't move much.). And why would you want to shave little by little!?!? Look how HARD Dr Diep push that thing into his scalp!! That dude must be tired, it's like getting a hair cut for 4 hours ish. Look how much blood is leaking out, how many time does he have to put that white cloth over that guy. sigh... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlPzqfk1KXE

I'm not here to advertise for Dr Rahal but I recently had my surgery with him and everything is so professional. Here's an example of what FUE should be like. You be the judge.

The thing with Dr Diep is that I see some good result but at the same time I see people posting negative things about him, it's like playing RUSSIAN ROULETTE with your head!

At the end of the day, it's not my scalp. I just feel sorry for the people that goes to him (we did try to warn them right??).

Edited by TeamRahal

Guys,

Unfortunately, I feel like the discussion in this thread is officially off topic. Asiandude initially created the thread to discuss his procedure and ask for help moving forward, and this type of helpful input (which, in my opinion, is the greatest asset of our community) is no longer occurring. Instead, we now seem to be passionately discussing Dr. Diep's work and unrelated patients. While I understand the connection, I don't think it is being discussed in a objective, relevant manner; nor do I think this is helping asiandude. Like he said initially, he created the thread to ask about his case specifically, not to create controversy or discuss Dr. Diep's practices.

Because of this, I am asking that we refrain from the heated discussion about Dr. Diep, and instead focus on helping asiandude. While I try to never excessively moderate and always avoid censorship on the forums, I'm asking that all further discussion be related to helping and assisting asiandude. If the tangential discussion continues, I will be forced to close the thread and I do NOT want this to happen.

If anyone has any concerns or questions, please feel free to send me a private message. I also spoke with Dr. Diep earlier today and he informed me he will leave a comment a bit later this week.

Thanks, guys!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

asiandude,

So sorry about this. But I don't think you can fix the direction or angle issue without another procedure to remove those grafts. A trip to Belgium or Turkey can fix you!

I totally agree with the views expressed in this thread. But I know the moderators here doesn't like members talking too much against their 'recommended' doctors. So I will have stop here! :mad: