Dr.Radha 2976 grafts on 14/12/2013

npk21

Ok Guys finally i did my surgery with Dr.Radha (Vishakhapatnam.India) on 14/12/2013.

Day 1

Dr.Radha met me in evening, saw my hairline .. then donor area .. She found that i have very thin hair on my head , even at the donor area the hair are very very thin.. i was disapointed but she assured that she will try to give me best density. Second disappointing thing is that i have some sort of symmetrical issue of my skull , it means that my skull is quite big frm back side and tilted little towards right in front, hence the donor area skin is very tight . Even after hearing this i assured myself that i must be happy with whatever i get as things are natural and I cant blame anyone for this . :):)

Day2

I reached her clinic by 8.30 am , her assistants took my blood for HIV , Hepatatis test which were charged around 750 Rs . Then the doctor arrived, took me to the operation theatre and i was told to lie on my stomach.Then i was given anasthesia injections, some 3 or 4 pricks were given .. but not painful ;) ... then she trimmed the donor area applied some ICE on it and in few mins, the cutting procedure started which was not at all painful . After that she started stitching the area , after the stitches were done she told me to freshen up and have a meal ..I was given Poori Bhaji (Indian Meal) . Then i went back to OT . She told me to sleep facing upward . She said that she will be giving anasthesia by giving a small prick above my eye brows. by the time the graft counting had started. After anasthesia she said she will make several small holes before harvesting those grafts. Then while making small holes she said that she could extract 2976 grafts only . I just replied back by saying No Problem. Now she started inserting those grafts in those holes which she had made. I dont know how did she inserted it because my eyes were covered by cotton and gauge. This procedure ended by 5 pm . I got up from bed went to loo and saw in the mirror. there were some ounces of blood on harvested area. Nothing to be scared about as it is normal. Then i met her said thanks scar was tied with gauge and cotton and a black elastic belt was also tied on my forehead to reduce swelling. and a white cloth was given to me to cover my head before i leave the hospital. My dad was with me and he did the payment procedure.

Day 2 Cont... (First Night in Hotel)

Before surgery i was given some tablets, during surgery i was given a tablet which i was told to keep below my tongue. Same tablets i took after having my dinner in hotel. Before going to sleep i kept a pillow and rolled a towel and kept above the pillow. The sleeping position was like pillow below my back and the rolled towel below the scar area and i slept in the same position whole night with little pain . I dont know why other members said that first night sleep is difficult and painful .I accept its painful but not that much painful that you would keep yelling and crying whole night. Oh and dont forget to keep icepad under that rolled towel . I did the same and hence i didnt get that much pain i think.

Day 3 (Clinic)

I went there in morning for shampoo, my head was washed and i was told to wash my head my twice with baby shampoo for 15 days. Then i went back to hotel .

IMG_20131214_120826.jpg.0932f90a571b23870d0cabb6018d2810.jpg

IMG_20131211_085245.jpg.5cf6301538dab0b4c0f9bfcb797565d7.jpg

IMG_20131211_090021.jpg.030ff9d33f2dc7713fd4632a4731d7bc.jpg

IMG_20131215_095311.jpg.70a1e0d47a9e75a9b32e5d39afb2df00.jpg

Important Notice !

Since i stay in India , i came to Vishakhapatnam by train from Mumbai .

Even i went back to mumbai after surgery by train . ;);)

Regarding Hotel, please select Hotel Atidhi, it charges 1050 Rs (24 hours) . If you are financialy good then select Hotel Buddhil Park as it charges 2500 Rs . hotel atidhi is also good, Airconditioned room, hot/cold water for 24 hrs. Double bed and free complimentary breakfast and tea every day .

Transport - Auto drivers dont understand english properly, if they come to know that you are newcomer they charge you alot and try to loot you . Hence always keep in mind that from hotel atidhi to the clinic you should pay only 25 or 30 rs to the auto person not above that. I was not given pick n drop service by doctor hence i always traveled in auto before surgery and after surgery too .

Important Notice!!

Hotel Atidhi charges 1050 Rs (24 hours) , AC room, double Bed, Hot/cold water available for 24 hrs .and breakfast and tea/coffee given complimentary daily. Hotel Buddhil Park is expensive they charge you 2500 rs.

Since i was not given Pick and drop service by doctor , let me inform you that if want to travel by auto then always remember that you should always give 25-30 rs to them if you are travelling from Hotel to Clinic . Because they charge alot if they find that you are newcomer in there state.

Indians , not necessary for you travel by plane if you are from other state , Travelling in a train is also convinient even after surgery . I did the same and had a comfortable journey from Mumbai to Vishakhapatnam and vice-versa.

nearly 3000 grafts in the frontal third. did the doc mention what the density would be ?

looking good btw.

she said generally its 35 sqcm ... but due to very thin hair of mine she is giving 60 sqcm !!

Is pimple coming on face compulsory for a succesful surgery .. I havent got any yet :(

And i have been told to take Finasteride 1mg daily from 15th day post-surgery for 2 YEARS . I hope it does not have any side-effects !!

Edited by npk21

Congratulations,looking very good.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

• 3 weeks later...
Important Notice !

Since i stay in India , i came to Vishakhapatnam by train from Mumbai .

Even i went back to mumbai after surgery by train . ;) ;)

Regarding Hotel, please select Hotel Atidhi, it charges 1050 Rs (24 hours) . If you are financialy good then select Hotel Buddhil Park as it charges 2500 Rs . hotel atidhi is also good, Airconditioned room, hot/cold water for 24 hrs. Double bed and free complimentary breakfast and tea every day .

Transport - Auto drivers dont understand english properly, if they come to know that you are newcomer they charge you alot and try to loot you . Hence always keep in mind that from hotel atidhi to the clinic you should pay only 25 or 30 rs to the auto person not above that. I was not given pick n drop service by doctor hence i always traveled in auto before surgery and after surgery too .

That's really good deal. I didn't really like Budhil park. The main manager was a bit rude.