5396 grafts by Dr Hasson from Hasson & Wong

Fullness

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's sad when people disappear after getting HT's.

actually in some cases it's a great sign, they're happy and have moved on in life without having to worry about their hair every day

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

If he's not posting its a good sign.

true to form im gonna say it how it is i personally think from his 6 month photos his result so far was well below average for the class of his surgeon i can only assume its either because hes a repair patient or most likely its too much real estate to cover for the grafts.

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

Thanks guys for your comments. One things a fact, "I am a slow grower" as at this stage I would have expected more. I am looking forward to the coming months to see more improvements. Will keep the forum updated with progress.

In terms of my first transplant, it was 1000 grafts mainly placed near the hair line.

I disagree with those who say that this was too much area for mor than 5k grafts. This is a LOT of grafts implanted and should yield a substantial amount of coverage.

5000 approx is nothing for area that size including crown I know because I've had 5300 graft session on a much smaller nw5a shape including crown hence why I later I had another 6000 on top as well. I do think something is a miss here it's either area, because he's a repair patient or he's just a really slow grower.

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

5000 approx is nothing for area that size including crown I know because I've had 5300 graft session on a much smaller nw5a shape including crown hence why I later I had another 6000 on top as well. I do think something is a miss here it's either area, because he's a repair patient or he's just a really slow grower.

Hi Bonkerstonker, when you say a repair patient what does that mean? I do apologise my understanding is limited in this area...I have had 1 previous transplant of 1000 graft mainly in the hairline region. The main reason for 2nd transplant was to have coverage in the balding area and density in the frontal region, so adding into existing transplanted hair. In terms of growth I would say I am growing slow compared to others...so hopefully coming months may bring good news.

I totally disagree but that's my just my opinion.

Fullness,

Bonker is referring to you as being a repair patient because of your previous surgery which was unrefined it is a term to call patients that have had previous poor work a repair case. In your case it was a case of adding grafts around your existing transplanted hairs. If larger needles or blades were used in your previous surgery some scarring may have been evident that will result in slower growth.

Guys we are at 6 months Fullness is not concerned about his growth at this stage but he would like more, do we expect to see more of course we do. Let's judge this result when it is a result at the 12 month stage.

Yes there was a large number of grafts used and yes they were spread over a large area initially the crown was not going to be touched but as the number of grafts was more than initially expected the decision was taken to cover the crown and all the balding area.

Please continue to update the forum Fullness and I will look forward to meeting with you in person to assess things in the near future.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Fullness,

Bonker is referring to you as being a repair patient because of your previous surgery which was unrefined it is a term to call patients that have had previous poor work a repair case. In your case it was a case of adding grafts around your existing transplanted hairs. If larger needles or blades were used in your previous surgery some scarring may have been evident that will result in slower growth.

Guys we are at 6 months Fullness is not concerned about his growth at this stage but he would like more, do we expect to see more of course we do. Let's judge this result when it is a result at the 12 month stage.

Yes there was a large number of grafts used and yes they were spread over a large area initially the crown was not going to be touched but as the number of grafts was more than initially expected the decision was taken to cover the crown and all the balding area.

Please continue to update the forum Fullness and I will look forward to meeting with you in person to assess things in the near future.

Thanks Garageland. I will continue to update.

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forums and just have a question about this particular case. First off this is by no means a knock against the Hasson and Wong clinic or the OP, but is this just the reality of what 5000 plus graphs gets you?

I also I wanted to say to Fullness and everyone else who posts their experience, I really take my hats off to you guys. It takes courage and time to do these posts and you guys deserve a lot of credit!

To answer your question, no. With 5k you would end up with a lot and I believe so will this gentleman.

Don't forget that this gentleman here is only 6 months post op & things have been somewhat a little slow for him but it should improve dramatically. Look at my first op to give you an idea, done by the same surgeon.

Really? He just spent over 10k on this procedure and his results are subpar thus far. No one is expecting a full head of hair but come on

Give the result 12 months but let's be honest, if this was your head of hair you would be upset.

This forum needs to stop sugar coating everything to people. All I ever see is "looks great!" When in truth not every result here is great. In fact many are not.

I have to agree about the sugar coating the forum is mainly made of yes men and sugar coaters but with respect this size op on a area this size is not a lot, he'd of been better doing front and leaving crown till next time. In fact over the years if I think back the majority of people that don't like their results seem to be the ones that went for glory and tried to cover front and crown.

Dont forget a lot of grafts are put in the first cm of hairline this area will be much denser than anywhere else in my first dr hasson ht we used 1300 just in that first cm out of 5300 grafts covering my full head and crown in my second op we put another 600 ish in the hairline so my point is you're only gonna have about 4000 through the top of your head after front done.

I said earlier in this thread that something was a miss but now I see good improvements now at 6 months it looks as if it's about a month or two behind average speed so he's likely to be slow grower as well.

Edited by bonkerstonker

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

6 months is still way early to assess the situation. If this result does not improve from now til month 10-11, I will be the first to deem it a failure. But for now, it is just too early.

Hi Guys, I think with the crash we had on the forum my latest update has gone missing. Below is latest pic update. I am approaching month 7 and can see more coverage. I have combed my hair to the side (May be that helps) and can see more finer hair layered under the thicker hair. Below is pic when my hairs wet...

image.jpg.c757194f1429804d535b6edd9e7b45a6.jpg

Edited by Fullness

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just a few days over month 7 and here are the updated pics. A bit of thickness has picked up since last month, but still areas with patchy growth. Hoping more growth will kick in. Please as usual let me know your thoughts for this month. Thanks.

image.jpg.6d4d957d949e8d976707cfed53224b98.jpg