5396 grafts by Dr Hasson from Hasson & Wong

Fullness

Well you defo aren't a fast grower. I personally dont see much happening if you take into account lighting but some people get lucky and would have significantly more growth than you but things should kick in towards a fashion that will make you happy soon. I'm a medium to slow grower unfortunately, the best kick in is around 6 months but it starts at 4 months for me and i feel stubble poking through my crown at 12 months post op. my point is we're all different!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well you defo aren't a fast grower. I personally dont see much happening if you take into account lighting but some people get lucky and would have significantly more growth than you but things should kick in towards a fashion that will make you happy soon. I'm a medium to slow grower unfortunately, the best kick in is around 6 months but it starts at 4 months for me and i feel stubble poking through my crown at 12 months post op. my point is we're all different!

My original hair tends to grow fast....do transplanted hair grow slower at first due to surgery?

Ht hairs do whatever they feel like doing I've had thick strong terminal spikes, crinkled soft hairs, blonde downy thin hairs.

I'm currently 2 and half months post op my 5th transplant I've never heard of anyone having as many lifetime grafts as me at over 11000 grafts so I know about ht post waiting times and still I sometimes worry about growth for a split second then I tell my self to just forget about it. Each op has been different with regards to speed but I'm defo a slow grower apart from my 4th op that was crazy fast. Like I say I'm 2 and half months post op now and my hair is way thinner than before my latest op but it will come good in a few months.

Good tip never compare your self to others ht is a individual sport!

Bonkerstonker! :D

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=1977

Update I'm now on 12200 Grafts, hair loss has been a thing of my past for years. Also I don't use minoxidil anymore I lost no hair coming off it. Reduced propecia to 1mg every other day.

My surgeons were

Dr Hasson x 4,

Dr Wong x 2

Norton x1

I started losing my hair at 19 in 1999

I started using propecia and minoxidil in 2000

Had 7 hair transplants over 12200 grafts by way of strip but

700 were Fue From Norton in uk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Been busy with things so not had chance to update. Please find below pics of month 6. Growth has been slow so far, not gained the density I was looking to achieve. Will there be more growth coming?....only time will tell. Not concerned as there has been some changes and am hopeful for more in the coming months. Scar has healed nicely, grade 3 nothing shows except for old scar. Will continue my update. Please share your comments on what you think so far.

Photos to follow

Thanks for updating the forum Fullness. Sometimes the best way to compare your progress is to put photos side by side. Although the lighting is different there has been a clear improvement and you can expect more to come over the coming months. Scar tissue into the recipient area from your previous HT can be a factor in slower growth for repair patients.

Thanks again for posting.

6-Months-top-compare.jpg

Edited by Garageland

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

You will still have quite an improvement. 5500 grafts is not a heck of a lot when you include the crown, so I would not expect a full head of hair, but you should improve a lot from where you are at now.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Johnboy71,

Fullness has had a lot of grafts but these were spread over the entire balding area including the crown which was a large area to cover. From his photos I think he is on track as I mentioned in my post the scar tissue from the previous HT may be a factor for him.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

You will still have quite an improvement. 5500 grafts is not a heck of a lot when you include the crown, so I would not expect a full head of hair, but you should improve a lot from where you are at now.

Really? He just spent over 10k on this procedure and his results are subpar thus far. No one is expecting a full head of hair but come on

Give the result 12 months but let's be honest, if this was your head of hair you would be upset.

This forum needs to stop sugar coating everything to people. All I ever see is "looks great!" When in truth not every result here is great. In fact many are not.

It looks ok to me so far. You can see a noticeable fuzz all over which suggests hair breaking through that will start off like fine hairs on your arms. Just a waiting game.

Your wavy/curly hair bodes well despite what must be a fairly limited density for the area covered.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

Really? He just spent over 10k on this procedure and his results are subpar thus far. No one is expecting a full head of hair but come on

Give the result 12 months but let's be honest, if this was your head of hair you would be upset.

This forum needs to stop sugar coating everything to people. All I ever see is "looks great!" When in truth not every result here is great. In fact many are not.

Have to agree. A few more months seem in order to say for sure, and I'm sure he'll get more growth, but at this stage it's a bit underwhelming.

I am not sure what you wanted me to say. 5500 when you include the crown may not give you a full looking head of hair. That is true.

I just did the math on another poster's question about coverage and the area which covers the size of a CD that is implanted with 3000 grafts will be about 26 grafts per cm2. That is a reality of transplantation. Sometimes people don't like the truth, (I know I don't), but it doesn't make it any less true or any less of a reality. While a lot of transplantation is about artistry, a lot of it is about math, and if you have average characteristics, going from hairline to crown with 5500 grafts may not give you the look you are going for. Sorry.

He should improve a lot from where he is now. That is also true.

I never said that this looks great or gave an opinion on it being on par or sub par, because it is too early to tell. When someone has obvious improvement at 6 months, it is way too early to say it is sub-par in my opinion. If he doesn't improve, sure, it is a sub-par result, but there is no reason to stress a guy and tell him he has sub-par results as early as six months.

If you have an opinion on a result, you should express it, but I think that it should be a mature result before it gets judged too harshly.

There is a percentage of cases that get judged harshly because the person viewing it does not (or doesn't know how to) take into account characteristics, area covered, patient wishes, etc. It is not that it was a bad result for what the doc was working with, it is just that there was not enough of a change for the viewer to be happy.

Then, there are also a percentage of results that are just not that good.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I am not sure what you wanted me to say. 5500 when you include the crown may not give you a full looking head of hair. That is true.

I just did the math on another poster's question about coverage and the area which covers the size of a CD that is implanted with 3000 grafts will be about 26 grafts per cm2. That is a reality of transplantation. Sometimes people don't like the truth, (I know I don't), but it doesn't make it any less true or any less of a reality. While a lot of transplantation is about artistry, a lot of it is about math, and if you have average characteristics, going from hairline to crown with 5500 grafts may not give you the look you are going for. Sorry.

He should improve a lot from where he is now. That is also true.

I never said that this looks great or gave an opinion on it being on par or sub par, because it is too early to tell. When someone has obvious improvement at 6 months, it is way too early to say it is sub-par in my opinion. If he doesn't improve, sure, it is a sub-par result, but there is no reason to stress a guy and tell him he has sub-par results as early as six months.

If you have an opinion on a result, you should express it, but I think that it should be a mature result before it gets judged too harshly.

There is a percentage of cases that get judged harshly because the person viewing it does not (or doesn't know how to) take into account characteristics, area covered, patient wishes, etc. It is not that it was a bad result for what the doc was working with, it is just that there was not enough of a change for the viewer to be happy.

Then, there are also a percentage of results that are just not that good.

It's a subpar result right now. For the amount of money he spent and the way his head looks right now if that was me I would be freaking out. Sorry just calling like I see it.

As I said give it the full 12 months but I've seen this story too many times before. At 6 months you can generally tell if you are on your way to a good result or a subpar one and I know which way this one is likely headed.