Opinons on Dr Maral vs Demirsoy

imnothere

Guys, ive just paid my deposit for a HT with Dr Demirsoy for early next year.

I chose him as he has good reputation and a very affordable price 1 Euro per graft.

But ive recently seen some threads on here featuring Dr Maral, and from what i can gather he is charging around 0.40 euro per graft!

What is the generally opinions of Dr Maral on here? I know money shouldn't be an issue, but if he is a good doc, then this is a massive amount of money to save.

Any of his client want to comment?

You guys who went to Turkey for finacial reasons - Did Dr Maral cross you mind, why did/didnt you choose him?

thanks

The difference is, of course, that Dr. Demirsoy is recommended by this community, but I am happy I went with Dr. Maral. I cannot give you my final opinion because I am only 4+ months post-op and I am still waiting for my results to fully mature, but I have been very satisfied with everything so far. Of course, it's up to you to make your decision.

I was considering Dr. Demirsoy, but his associate's emails sounded somewhat dismissive. He first replied he cannot treat me because I wouldn't have satisfying results. When I said that I had limited expectations, he said I should not expect more than 3000-3500 grafts and that only my "front and maybe slightly the top" could be treated. It really sounded like they didn't want to have me as a patient so I didn't pursue it any further.

From my research:

Dr. Maral plans and supervises the operation. All the work is done by nurses and technicians. Not the doctor.

Dr. Demirsoy performs all the extractions himself, and he opens the recipient sites himself. Graft placement is done by his assistants.

You're right, my bad, neither of them is recommended by the HRN.

I know I will sound heretical now, but I don't see that much advantage in having a surgeon perform all, or some, steps of HT. First, I'd rather have more qualified persons doing the work to avoid fatigue, and second, the anatomy of HT is pretty basic and I think a well-trained technician is as good as a doctor. That said, a surgeon must be present at all times, of course.

Both extraction and insertion went at high pace, but not at all rushing. I was impressed at how well-versed and professional the technicians were. I can't tell if they only worked on me, I think so but I was too sedated and shocked from the procedure to notice everything. I know they came in and out for breaks. You can ask them and find out.

Both extraction and insertion went at high pace, but not at all rushing. I was impressed at how well-versed and professional the technicians were. I can't tell if they only worked on me, I think so but I was too sedated and shocked from the procedure to notice everything. I know they came in and out for breaks. You can ask them and find out.

abcd0000, on 08-03-2013 you said: "There was also another patient at the clinic in another room." Please have a look here

Edited by JohnGage

abcd0000, on 08-03-2013 you said: "There was also another patient at the clinic in another room." Please have a look here

What I meant was, I can't tell if each technician worked only on me, i.e., whether they split in two teams or the team moves between the patients. Yes there was another guy, Dr. Maral told me they can accommodate up to three patients per day. Glad that you read my posts so carefully ;)

Edited by abcd0000

Im in two mind if to go with Maral or Dr Eser. I did consult with dr demirsoy but he took ages to respond and was some what limited with my questions

Hello Badboi,

Dr. Demirsoy analyses all cases/photos by himself. Therefore, sometimes it can take a few days until a response.

Thank you for your understanding.

Health Travels - Hair Transplants Turkey

Representative for Dr. Erkan Demirsoy