"Cant decide" 4 month update (no pics)

Cant decide

I am at 4 months and 1 week. I am very happy with my growth so far. Conventional thinking is that I should be at about 25% but I think I am somewhat ahead of that. I have not cut my hair since my surgery and my wife keeps calling me "Mountain man" and tells me I have a full head if hair. I know I do not technically but it's good to know that to the casual observer, it looks basically full and pretty darn good; especially for a 41 year old guy who came from NW 6 territory :).

Anyway, so far so good and I am not looking at it until the 6 month point so as not to obsess so much. I just thought I would check in.

For those who have had crown work done, can you comment on the difference you saw between 4 and 8 months? After my first op, it was dramatic so I am expecting the same this round.

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

Congrats buddy. It's a great feeling to have people telling you those things :). Keep up the growth :)

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

It was 110 before my first and about 80 for my second.

That is ridiculous density.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I am at 4 months and 1 week. I am very happy with my growth so far. Conventional thinking is that I should be at about 25% but I think I am somewhat ahead of that. I have not cut my hair since my surgery and my wife keeps calling me "Mountain man" and tells me I have a full head if hair. I know I do not technically but it's good to know that to the casual observer, it looks basically full and pretty darn good; especially for a 41 year old guy who came from NW 6 territory :).

Anyway, so far so good and I am not looking at it until the 6 month point so as not to obsess so much. I just thought I would check in.

For those who have had crown work done, can you comment on the difference you saw between 4 and 8 months? After my first op, it was dramatic so I am expecting the same this round.

Im just 2 weeks out from a second op to concentrate on the crown region and am following your updates closely, you've got great numbers mate and im looking forward to seeing your final result, all the early signs are great for you :cool:

4510 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2012

2350 FUSS Dr Feriduni December 2013

HT 1:Total Grafts 4510: Singles 715, Doubles 2123, Triples 1369, Quads 303 ( 10,280 Hairs )

HT 2:Total Grafts 2352: Singles 350, Doubles 1601, Triples 401, ( 4,755 Hairs )

Thanks guys. My donor density is pretty good I suppose. The doc thinks I have about 2000 or so left in the donor bank. However, I have no plans for a third unless I must. To be honest, if my growth stopped now at 4 months, it would have still made a significant impact on my overall look. Of course, I know much more is to come so its pretty exciting :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

I am so impressed by this transformation. I keep seeing these results pop up showing Norwood 6 patients fully restored. You must be delighted. Do you have medium coarse hair? Would you say this is a typical result for a Norwood 6?

Are you taking finasteride?

I just started taking finasteride two weeks ago, and just noticed small peach fuzz growing all over my scalp, which was probably there before I started taking finasteride. Any chance of this hair growing? Did you see any regrowth from finasteride?

Thanks mate!

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I am so impressed by this transformation. I keep seeing these results pop up showing Norwood 6 patients fully restored. You must be delighted. Do you have medium coarse hair? Would you say this is a typical result for a Norwood 6?

Are you taking finasteride?

I just started taking finasteride two weeks ago, and just noticed small peach fuzz growing all over my scalp, which was probably there before I started taking finasteride. Any chance of this hair growing? Did you see any regrowth from finasteride?

Thanks mate!

My hair is actually medium if not slightly on the finer side. I would say that my result is pretty typical for a NW 6 as long as the following steps are taken:

1. A great doc

2. Good planning

3. Of course, the donor bank has to be good as well.

In fact, while I am extremely happy at my results, I don't see mine as a "Home run". Instead, I see it as a "Triple". I am very critical with results and to me true "Homeruns" are few and far between. I would say 5% at most.

I have been taking finasteride for 3+ years now and started also taking Avodart twice weekly about 4 months ago. I don't think I have grown new hair but it has done a pretty good job of slowing things down and maintaining my native hair.

Good luck!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Perhaps when you have your full result from this 2nd procedure you'll change your mind from a "Triple" to a "Homerun". Your donor density is definitely above average.....good for you!

Perhaps when you have your full result from this 2nd procedure you'll change your mind from a "Triple" to a "Homerun". Your donor density is definitely above average.....good for you!

Thanks Janna. Can you comment on the difference in a crown result at 4 and 8 months. I think I know what you will say but I would still love to hear it from you :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

The difference should be night and day from 4 months to 8 months. However,you still don't have your full result at 8 months. You need to give it till 14 months after to get final result in the crown.

(is that what you thought I'd say?) :)

The difference should be night and day from 4 months to 8 months. However,you still don't have your full result at 8 months. You need to give it till 14 months after to get final result in the crown.

(is that what you thought I'd say?) :)

It is :)

Thanks so much. Your the best!!

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts