6.5 months post op with Dr. Paul Shapiro at SMG

Nick153452

Alas!! Results!!

For those of you who haven't been following my other thread, I will briefly sum up my case.

I am 24 years old and have been losing my hair since I was about 16 or 17 years old. I first met with Matt Zupan at SMG when I was 21 years old and was prescribed finasteride. After about a year and a half, I stopped using it because I wasn't really feeling as though I was benefiting from it and felt some sexual side effects (or so I thought?)

Growth exploded between 3-4 months and am happy with my current results. Of course I will always want more hair, but as you can tell from the photos, I am like a new guy.

Both Dr. Paul and Matt assured that I still have about 5,000 grafts left in my donor to address future loss, but at this time, I'm not even thinking about another surgery. I am on medications and hoping that they halt my loss, or at least, slow it down extensively.

At first, I was a little worried about the hair line, but it really doesn't bother me much anymore because the hair grown drapes down and lowers it a couple centimeters.

Anyways, photos:

Hair transplant 5-22-2013 with Dr. Paul Shapiro at Shapiro Medical Group

Total grafts transplanted: 3222

*536 singles *1651 doubles * 961 triples,

*74 quadruples.

Total hairs transplanted: 7017

Hope you guys enjoy. Would love to hear your thoughts.

**** EDIT **** These photos were provided by SMG during my follow up photo session on December 13th, 2013

Slide23.jpg.b1b968929a76934222fb1921079b43ad.jpg

Slide24.jpg.37075629a12b2c2be13a4dc72fefacaf.jpg

Slide25.jpg.804ae8bad28362ad845cccc9e5b18983.jpg

Slide26.jpg.2315c9a1208cd5573589c578e7d30312.jpg

Slide22.jpg.340573d7ee0064d1e49c25f3ee0b01d9.jpg

Edited by Nick153452

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

*1.25 mg finasteride daily

*Generic minoxidil foam 2x daily

Nick153452,

Is this the same person?:eek:

You look like a completely different person and a phenomenal change. I bet you are over the moon with this at 6.5 months and I admire you for showing full face pictures.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Nick153452,

Is this the same person?:eek:

You look like a completely different person and a phenomenal change. I bet you are over the moon with this at 6.5 months and I admire you for showing full face pictures.

I've got nothing to hide with my face. The reason we get hair transplants, more often than not, is to reshape our face. It's nice to see how it changes the overall look of someone once in a while. :cool:

I am happy that the results have seemed to be on par with what I was expecting. I am still hoping for some thickening and maturing over the next several months, but overall, no complains as of now.

Holy hell!! That is some pretty impressive coverage for only 3222 grafts, and its only 6.5 months! Congrats man, you look great!

Thank you :). I'll continue to keep things updates.

great result and your only at 6 months, happy for you bro, what a difference, how did the scar turn out ? great job by doc and staff, santa has given you HAIR for Christmas, what a wonderful gift, now go out and enjoy your new locks!!!!!

According to Dr. Paul and Matt, the scar is very faint and thin. I haven't been able to locate it myself and when buzzed to a 3, it was not even visible. I don't think I will ever need to go lower than a 3 though.

What a hairy bastard.

Lol, never thought anybody would ever say that about me :P. THANKS!! :P

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

Nick, this is awesome. You don't look like the same guy. At 6.5 months this is crazy good.....it looks more like a 16.5 months outcome (and a bloody good one at that). This is what doing your homework/research rewards you with in terms of choosing the right clinic.

As you know yourself, you're likely to lose more hair due to your age, but because you went with FUT first (which I think was the correct call btw), you should still have a nice big bank of donor hair to tap into with FUT/FUE combo if you ever feel the need later in your 20s, 30s or 40s.

Congrats again!

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

Thank you all for your nice words :). I am looking forward to keep you guys updated as things mature and continue to grow. :)

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

Congrats Nick!

Amazing transformation and you have many months for further growth to come, so don't give into hair greed until next year! :-)

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

Holy Crap. Your hair looks AWESOME, Nick. You definitely don't even look like the same person. And it's crazy that you had your procedure almost 7 months ago. It really is excellent work and made a huge difference for you. Keep us posted in the upcoming months. I can't wait to see your 12 month post!

Best,

Mike

4737 FUT with Dr. Rahal on 11/16/2012

Daily regimen: 1/4 Proscar (1.25 mg Finasteride), Rogaine Foam (twice daily), 1000 mcg Biotin, 1 combo Vitamin D/Calcium/Magnesium, 1500 mg Glocosamine, 750 mg MSM, 1200 mg Fish Oil, 2000 mg Vitamin C, Super B-Complex, 400 I.U Vitamin E.

I am not a medical professional. All views and opinions expressed in this forum are of my own.

Loosing hair at such a young age is very troubling and I'm right there with you. Your result so far is AMAZING. You forget over the months the change, but look at the pictures and it really takes you back. I'm sure you are VERY happy... and if not you should be! From old man to new man that's all I have to say.

Holy Crap. Your hair looks AWESOME, Nick. You definitely don't even look like the same person. And it's crazy that you had your procedure almost 7 months ago. It really is excellent work and made a huge difference for you. Keep us posted in the upcoming months. I can't wait to see your 12 month post!

Best,

Mike

Thanks man, it's almost 7 months now. INSANE. Time flies by when you have some hair.. Maybe I shouldn't have done this after all, next week I'll be 80 years old!!!

My Hair Loss Website

Surgical Treatments:

*74 quadruples.

Non-Surgical Treatments:

Nick,

Looks fantastic! Congratulations. Look forward to future updates.

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

• 3 weeks later...

Great result Nick! We love seeing early growth on patients.

Like everyone else, I'm blown away with your result. Best money you'll ever spend, right? Think about it this way....that 'buzz' one gets from purchasing a new car lasts perhaps several weeks. You're going to be elated for at least the next decade...if not longer.....by this life-altering change you've made. I've learned along my restoration journey that self-confidence is truly priceless. Yes, we spend an obscene amount of money on a bunch of 'fuzz'....but the life-changing effects it can have on someone suffering from hair loss really goes beyond money.