Glenn Charles letter of reprimand

peterith

Dr. Charles,

Thank you for taking the time to clear up any misunderstanding surrounding this unfortunate circumstance. I'm sorry to hear that this individual get you involved to this degree abut I'm happy that it's now resolved and you can move on from it.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I would like to set the record straight. This is a situation I was involved in in 2011 that is just now being settled. I had a patient who was a Nutritionist and health counselor who ended up renting the available space directly next to my clinic. Shortly after he obtained a Naturopathic medical degree online which is not recognized in the state of Florida. He was seeing clients and providing advice regarding general nutrition (improving diet), supplements (vitamins, mineral, and protein), and exercise programs. He came to me and asked if I would be interested in seeing some of his clients who would become my patients that might need medical attention. For example to help treat Thyroid dysfunction, patients already on several medications, or may need hormone replacement therapy. At the time I was already doing some Anti-Aging medicine which included hormone replacement therapy. So I agreed to do this and allowed him to put my name on his door as Medical Director. This was my critical mistake because I did not know the implications of having myself listed as the medical director. From the very start I made it perfectly clear to him and his employees that he was not allowed to diagnose or treat and patients medically and certainly not prescribe any medications. For he has no license that gave him those capabilities. He told me he totally understood. Unfortunately, I trusted someone and got totally taken advantage of because it turns out he was trying to diagnose and treat some patients without my knowledge. In other words he used my name on his door to validate himself as something more than what he was. He eventually got caught. I got caught up in his whole scheme because I was listed as the medical director. I had to take responsibility and was fined and received a letter of concern (not reprimand). This was the hardest lesson I've ever had to learn. Thankfully there was never any patients harmed in any way. This had nothing to do with my Hair Restoration practice and I will no longer associate with non physicians.

You seem to be one of the nicest around here, and I hear only good about your practice