Glenn Charles letter of reprimand

peterith

I learned about this letter of reprimand. I am curious what peoples thoughts are on this. Is it something serious? Any doctors/officials or others with input? Did Dr. Glenn Charles do something serious? If you want to see the letter to give a better opinion just google "glenn charles letter of reprimand." Very curious to know.

How big an authority is the medical board of a state?

UPDATED EDIT - this is regarding the April 2013 , not the old issue with the license. - see more below on what I mean. please educate me.

Edited by peterith

This was settled some time ago. As far as I'm aware it was a simple issue of his license expiring when he was not aware of it. Dr. Charles is a great doctor and seems like a great guy, he is one of the most active doctors on the forums offering up free advice.

Dr. Charles is one of the few doctors that posts regularly to help posters with his experience and knowledge. I have heard nothing but great things about him as a hair transplant doctor and a person.

Representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

When I search Florida Board of Osteopathic Medicine and put in verify license, it says his licence is on probation. Please correct me if I am wrong or reading it wrong.

Also, when I look into it further, it looks like(and I may be wrong) that he has 4 board actions against him.The most recent was April 2013. It seems like a lot of issues going on. I looked up some other HT docs in Florida and they didnt have anything. Again, please clarify if I am mis understanding

Also, I do not doubt he is a nice guy and very helpful. I am not judging his personality. I also have seen the results so a big plus for him. I am trying to understand the information listed by the medical board. I am sure he is a great person when you interact with him. This is not an attack, just trying to get others to look at the info and explain it to me in simple language. This is not an attempt to spread false information and if the board posting from April 2013 is something really silly, just let me know. It is a lot of legal wording. I see a series of actions.

Edited by peterith

I don't know the details, but as mentioned above Dr. Charles is one of the most active and helpful doctors on this forum.

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I googled:

"Glenn Charles" letter of reprimand

If you select the lexis nexus link you can read about this. This was recent - November 16th that it was reported. This was not a clerical issue.

I agree that Dr. Charles has been helpful on this forum.

Ok Thank you all, I just wanted to know since I am thinking of another procedure. The list of actions by the Florida board are confusing as is the status of the license. I will try to talk to Dr C himself about this and the so called probation.

I will try to talk to Dr C himself about this and the so called probation.

peterith let us know what Dr. Charles says. The Lexis Nexus article is a bit concerning about Dr. Charles being arrested after an undercover operation. A plea of "No Contest" with the prosecution and a judge sentencing Dr. Charles to probation.

The good thing is none of these charges seem to have anything to do with Dr. Charles work as a hair transplant surgeon. It sounds like he got involved with a business partner next door that was pretending to be a doctor and Dr. Charles was unaware of eveything this guy was doing. And like the article states Dr. Charles attorney said "Dr. Charles had no idea Yusem was writing prescriptions and doing other things without his supervision".

I hope this turns out well for Dr. Charles, because he does seem like a nice guy and churns out some good results in the hair transplant field.

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Apparently from what I read there was no proof that Dr. Charles had knowledge of this non medical doctor was writing prescriptions. His mistake for putting his name as a medical doctor of this other clinic without either being aware that he was responsible or not being careful enough. I am sure his good nature of helping people causing this problem for him and he has learned that sometimes being more selfish is more important.

I had a similar problem in my real estate office. My agent is responsible for all the actions of the realtors. A realtor was giving his lockbox keys (a universal remote to enter house for sale) to one of his clients. Everytime the client saw a house for sale he would just use the key and enter the house. Usually we have to let the other realtor know before entering the house. They entered the house with an alarm and the police came and arrested the client. The real estate board not only suspended the realtor for 1 year they also fined the agent and put them on probation. Even though the agent had no knowledge of this they are 100% responsible.

In this case I am sure it is very similar. This idiot took advantage of Dr. Charles and caused him this grief.

That's my opinion. But as stated this has nothing to do with hair transplant and the quality of work he offers.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

I would not speculate on what happened here or assume other peoples motivations and just stick to the facts.

There is no reason this other person should be prescribing under Dr. Charles' name - the case revolves how much Dr. Charles knew about what was going on.

Peter,

Once again, I question your motives as a new member claiming that you just received a "Google Alert" for an issue you originally referenced on another topic that was years old. Now you are referencing a new topic, that I agree does require some clarification.

Motives aside however, I did contact Dr. Charles asking him for an explanation to the alleged accusations. Unfortunately, I was unable to get him on the phone however, he did provide me with a detailed voicemail explaining the situation, which did satisfy my concerns.

So I don't translate his words incorrectly however, I've sent him another email asking him to reply to this topic. But Lorenzo already summarized the issue quite well.

Best Regards,

Bill

Motives aside however, I did contact Dr. Charles asking him for an explanation to the alleged accusations. Unfortunately, I was unable to get him on the phone however, he did provide me with a detailed voicemail explaining the situation, which did satisfy my concerns.

Bill I agree about questionable motives, but I am curious as to whether you were unaware until this thread that Dr. Charles had been arrested in 2011 as a result of a an undercover investigation in Florida and had in 2013 plead no contest to two misdemeanor charges involving his medical license?

I find the tone of some of the comments on this thread really disturbing. I know many people here have an agenda, but I do not read a hidden agenda into this situation.

From Peterth's profile he is in Texas and travelling to Florida to see Dr. Charles. He looked up the physician and found some confusing information, and came here ask people's opinions. He even says that he will ask Dr. Charles in person about this and report back.

It looks like he has taken the advise of this forum and done his research - many hair transplant physicians are not affiliated with a hospital or a medical system and it is buyer beware. He has raised a legitimate issue about one of the recommended physicians, which is not an administrative issue. He has been measured in his comments, and asked for help interpreting confusing information.

I really look forward to Dr. Charles clearing this situation up, and hope Peterth finds support in his decision of a hair transplant physician in this community.

why any Dr would risk damaging their reputation is beyond me.

Crafter.....

Note: I am not speaking about Dr. Charles, because I have no idea about his situation, but some doctors do it for the easy $$$$$.

I know a guy that owns a couple "laser hair removal, botox, face rejuvination clinics". It makes big money. By law he has to have a "doctor on staff". So he has a doctor that drops in at least once a month and basically that's about it. The doctor gets several thousand a month for being listed as being on staff. The doctor wins in two ways, he gets referrals and he gets enough money from this venture every month to make a house payment for basically very little work. Of course it can also turn into a nighmare if something goes wrong.

Shampoo,

Bill I agree about questionable motives, but I am curious as to whether you were unaware until this thread that Dr. Charles had been arrested in 2011 as a result of a an undercover investigation in Florida and had in 2013 plead no contest to two misdemeanor charges involving his medical license?

I was made aware of this situation immediately before this thread was created and already had an email into Dr. Charles asking for a detailed explanation.

The reason I thought Peter's motives were questionable (and maybe I was wrong) is because on another topic he referenced getting a Google alert on an article that comes up first on Google. When I googled the phrase, I saw an old article from 2007 that had been addressed on this forum some time ago. But perhaps he was referring to the one from 2013, even though it didn't come up first on Google when I searched it.

Either way, I do agree that it required investigating and several people here already responded. I do however, hope that Dr. Charles responds directly even though the concern has already been addressed.

Best wishes,

Bill

Thanks Bill. From what I've seen it appears Dr. Charles is a really nice guy and a great hair restoration surgeon. Glad to hear this situation had nothing to do with his hair transplant clinic. Maybe Dr. Charles just got caught up with the wrong business partner.

In my mind the only part that does not sit well is that you are just now finding out about this. Although the undercover investigation resulting in Dr. Charles arrest did not directly involve his hair clinic, it did involve his medical license, thus in my opinion Dr. Charles had an obligation to at least inform you about it. At that point you would have at least had the option of not being caught off guard and decided what the best course of action would be pending the outcome of the court case.

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to set the record straight. This is a situation I was involved in in 2011 that is just now being settled. I had a patient who was a Nutritionist and health counselor who ended up renting the available space directly next to my clinic. Shortly after he obtained a Naturopathic medical degree online which is not recognized in the state of Florida. He was seeing clients and providing advice regarding general nutrition (improving diet), supplements (vitamins, mineral, and protein), and exercise programs. He came to me and asked if I would be interested in seeing some of his clients who would become my patients that might need medical attention. For example to help treat Thyroid dysfunction, patients already on several medications, or may need hormone replacement therapy. At the time I was already doing some Anti-Aging medicine which included hormone replacement therapy. So I agreed to do this and allowed him to put my name on his door as Medical Director. This was my critical mistake because I did not know the implications of having myself listed as the medical director. From the very start I made it perfectly clear to him and his employees that he was not allowed to diagnose or treat and patients medically and certainly not prescribe any medications. For he has no license that gave him those capabilities. He told me he totally understood. Unfortunately, I trusted someone and got totally taken advantage of because it turns out he was trying to diagnose and treat some patients without my knowledge. In other words he used my name on his door to validate himself as something more than what he was. He eventually got caught. I got caught up in his whole scheme because I was listed as the medical director. I had to take responsibility and was fined and received a letter of concern (not reprimand). This was the hardest lesson I've ever had to learn. Thankfully there was never any patients harmed in any way. This had nothing to do with my Hair Restoration practice and I will no longer associate with non physicians.

Thanks Dr. Charles.

We all have learned hard lessons in business and in life.

Sorry that guy took advantage of your good nature.

Glad to hear you can return your focus to what you do best, hair restoration.

Dr. Charles thank you for the explanation. Not to change the subject but what can you tell me about Testosterone replacement therapy? I had a BMT May 2013 and think I may need it. Does this have an affect on hairloss?

Thanks again!

thanks for giving the details from your side Dr. Charles.

we all live and learn, hope the fine was not too high

looking forward to your continued dedication to this forum

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

ditto on the sentiment

always wondered about what happened

very easy to jump to the wrong conclusions by doing your own research from the internet ONLY

thanks for clearing this up once and for all

best to your practice