Hairline lowering for female,PLEASE HELP

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum,female, not experiencing any hair loss but have a high forehead from birth and want to lower it... I have been researching hairline lowering for a year now and have attended lots of consultations but do not want to go to USA, want to get it done in UK. I was just wondering if any FEMALE did hairline lowering using FUT method with DR MICHAEL MAY from WIMPOLE CLINIC or if anyone has any good information about this clinic and surgeon. Thanking you.

Never head of him. If you are wanting to stay in the UK I would consider the Farjo clinic, or branch out a little and consider one of the Belgium doctors on this site. There are a lot of posters from the UK who I am sure will chime in. Be VERY VERY careful when choosing a doctor.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you so much for your feedback. But I thought if its not hair loss, its generally safe to choose any surgeon...its just a simple hairline lowering procedure using FUT...do you know how much FARJO charge for this procedure in women. Also have you heard of Dr Greg Williams,also with the farjos.

Irrespective of geographic location, you need a certified plastic surgeon who has done many of these type of procedures. There is also the flap procedure which simply removes some of the scalp tissue above your hairline and then sutures both sides together which automatically pulls down the hairline.

There are many horror stories and few doctors do this type of cosmetic surgery so you want to make sure whoever you chose has plenty of references including recent ones that you can contact yourself. If they cannot provide you these necessary references, RUN!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

For FUT in the UK I wouldn't consider anywhere apart from Farjo.

The other option is Dr Bisanga in Brussels. I think you can virtually get to the Clinic door-to-door via Eurostar in 2.5hrs. I've not seen many of his female patient results though.

For the record, I flew from London to the US and it worked out the same price as having it done in the UK.

Edited by 1978matt

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

What about DR May of Wimpole clinic, do you know anything or anyone, I have not heard any horror stories from female patients who did hairline lowering with him...only from men who were experiencing hair loss and had surgery done on them by him

Everything I've heard about Michael May has been bad news. Women do not tend to post online so do not expect much in the way of independent reviews (good or bad). The technique is the same whether it is male or female. It's just the artistry that differs.

But I'm not suffering from hair loss, its just a high hairline which I would like to lower by 1.5-2 cm through strip method or FUT procedure. I have never met him personally or his technician team. I might go for a consultation with him. If he's really that bad, would he not have been struck off/investigated by the GMC or appropriate regulatory body for hair transplant surgeons.

Speaking of regulatory bodies, who is the regulatory body in the U.K. for hair transplant surgeons/doctors?

Chocolatelover......you seem to be underestimating the procedure....even if it is a relatively small one in your case. You are looking to get work done on one of the most important parts of your scalp, your hairline. To get this right, you should go to a true artist in HT, not just someone who might be 'fine'.

I've been impressed with female cases I've seen from both Dr Bisanga and Dr Feriduni. They are both only an average train ride away from you. You do not want to regret this decision so why not go to docs with a genuinely proven track record (and excellent post-op care too, this is something often overlooked by people when researching!).

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

- Rogaine 5% Foam 2x daily

- Jasons Restorative Biotin Shampoo 2x daily / Nizoral 2% 2x weekly

- Nettle Root 500mg, MSM 1500mg, Biotin 5mg, Multi Vit, Omega 3

But I'm not suffering from hair loss, its just a high hairline which I would like to lower by 1.5-2 cm through strip method or FUT procedure. I have never met him personally or his technician team. I might go for a consultation with him. If he's really that bad, would he not have been struck off/investigated by the GMC or appropriate regulatory body for hair transplant surgeons.

Speaking of regulatory bodies, who is the regulatory body in the U.K. for hair transplant surgeons/doctors?

Caveat Emptor

There is no regulatory body, that's the thing. You have to be your own regulatory body, and set your own standards. You need to do a LOT of your own research into this, even if it is a small procedure. You should listen to the advice of experienced posters on sites like this because, if we like it or not, most of us have spent probably far too much of our spare time researching the good and the bad in the industry, but for the right reasons.

2,200 FUE + PRP with Dr Bisanga - BHR Clinic, 22-23 August 2013 - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/171950-my-fue-2-200-prp-dr-bisanga-bhr-clinic.html

Current Regimen:

Thank you for the advice,it is appreciated immensely. Do you know how much Farjo might charge for FUT hairline lowering, like a rough estimate,its quite a small area to cover,about 1.5cm from the original hairline and down,that amount of hairs/grafts

GBP5 for the first 1,000 grafts, GBP2.50 thereafter.

Maybe 2,000 grafts required so GBP7,500 ish

Dr Bisanga is an absolute steal at 6,000 EUROS for 2,000 grafts!!

Actually 2,000 could be too many grafts. Depends on your hair characteristics. Say 1,500 instead: GBP6,250 and EUR4,500 respectively.

I think Wimpole Clinic and Vinci charge 4,000 for FUT hairline lowering.

That's cheap but would you get a result like this:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/151663-female-hairline-restoration.html

Probably not.

Current Regimen:

Chocolate,

I see cases like yours a few times a year. A person comes here for advice looking for the answers that they want to hear. Then they may "push" for the answer that they want to hear. Then, when they don't find it, they go against advice (seasoned researchers) and they end up regretting their decision. There is a great deal of artistry involved in creating a natural hairline. In fact, lowering a "blank slate" like a forehead on a female is some respects is more difficult because there is none of mother nature there to base graft angles on or camouflage the work. Everything that you will see will be the work of the doctor.

I suggest that you heed the advice given. Matt is from the UK and I am sure is up to date on the reputation of the doctors in the area.

Also, keep in mind that you hair line is not a place that you want to be saving money on.

I wish you good luck in your hair journey.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thank you for the advice,its greatly valued, I'm going to contact the Farjos and arrange a consultation. I might have to take out a loan or borrow some money from a friend as I am not working at the moment and I am concentrating into putting my time into research and consultations with clinics into this surgery. I have saved some money but it might not be enough to cover Farjo prices. I can't relate to the second picture posted as she is Black Afro-Caribbean and I am Asian and have different texture hair. Even the first picture of the Caucasian woman is not something I can identify with.

Hi all.

I'm new to this forum,female, not experiencing any hair loss but have a high forehead from birth and want to lower it... I have been researching hairline lowering for a year now and have attended lots of consultations but do not want to go to USA, want to get it done in UK. I was just wondering if any FEMALE did hairline lowering using FUT method with DR MICHAEL MAY from WIMPOLE CLINIC or if anyone has any good information about this clinic and surgeon. Thanking you.

First of all.. why to change the natural beauty? :)

Hi all.

First of all.. why to change the natural beauty? :)

@Chocolatelover

Hello. Sounds like you’ve done your homework on current hair transplant technique. You have lots of time to shop around for good pricing with good surgeons. Many clinics want you to call them in order to get info on cost. Cost of the surgery matters a lot but it’s not as important as your happiness. Try to stay around a cost of about 2.5GBP per graft. I like the way you are utilizing your resources. Ryanair.com has extremely cheap flights from the UK to many European countries. I just found a roundtrip flight from London (STN) to Pisa (PSA) and on to Brussels, Belgium for 130 GBP.

Having surgical hair restoration is a life decision. It’s not a good idea to limit your choices of a clinic based on geographical location. There’s no point in having anything done if it isn’t going to look natural. Even one misplaced graft can make the hairline appear unnatural. The location and design of the hairline has to be created with fine single-hair grafts. The hairline is what people always notice first. You are almost always going to get what you pay for in terms of quality. The actual process of a hair transplant involves far more intricate details than most consumers actually realize. The surgeon’s hands, instrumentation, and surgical protocols all affect the quality of the procedure. Many things need to happen in order to achieve a great end result. During the procedure, the grafts have to be properly trimmed for size, well-stored for survival, and properly placed onto the hairline for an aesthetically pleasing result.

I challenge you to conduct a simple search for patients who’ve experienced the physiological effects of poor hairline work. There are still many surgeons in the UK that can’t perform natural hairline design. This is sad but true. You wouldn’t want to have to hide your hairline because its appearance is unbearable. As of today, there aren’t or at least I hope there aren’t any clinics still doing mini & micro plug procedures in Europe. These days, a bad result happens when follicular unit grafts are poorly placed. The misangled hair will grow in the wrong direction and oftentimes will be too bulky in appearance. It costs more to repair a bad hairline than it does to build a good one.

I encourage you to attend a few in-person consultations that are not in the UK. Otherwise, you’ll hear what you want to hear prior to embarking upon a real problem. Belgium may honestly have the most skilled clinics in all of Europe.

Meet WHTC's Dr. Patrick Mwamba in London - Free consultations on Feb. 15th, 2014 (Sat.)

My opinions are not necessarily the opinions of Dr. Patrick Mwamba, MD.

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians