Hiccups problem after FUE (Pics attached) ... need help !!!

Gamester

Hi, this is my first post here. I tried searching for answers to my problem over this forum but found nothing. I just got my FUE done yesterday (almost 24 hrs ago) from Dr. Hamayun (Pakistan) who is also listed in the recommended physicians list on this website.

Overall I am satisfied with the job but last night I started having hiccups that lasted more than an hour. I tried some home remedies that temporarily worked and then I went off to sleep. In the morning after I had breakfast and my antibiotic (Klaracid) the hiccups came back and keep on coming and going since then. It has been almost 6 hours now. I spoke to my doctor he recommended to change the antibiotic to Augmentin, which I will start taking tonight after dinner. I hope that solves the problem.

What I was wondering is that did anyone of you or that you know of, had a similar case and what did you do to end this constant irritating problem? I read somewhere that 5% patients suffer from hiccups after the transplant.Thanks!

Also attaching some pics of the FUE (2900 grafts) ...

20131210_112452.jpg.6d7e41373932b142551b748a1ea08bf6.jpg

20131210_112505.jpg.8a24b401a36413c36eec6fc0563c982b.jpg

20131210_112523.jpg.76f9e17db0e4397ef645b6cf6361c76c.jpg

20131210_112610.jpg.8ae12fe149922dee6174a6284794b19d.jpg

20131210_112625.jpg.25e54b7bf69cff9be085090adfb7bb90.jpg

Found this on a website:

Complication of Hair Transplant – Hiccups

Hiccups may develop after a hair transplant surgery due to several factors. Some of these factors are due to the medication that patient takes, the possible local irritation of some nerve endings in the donor area (especially in strip technique hair transplant) and lastly, that patient’s diet.

These main causes of hiccups after hair restoration surgery are:

Medications: Some medications that are given to the patient after a hair transplant surgery (i.e. – steroids) may increase the chance of developing hiccups.

Local nerve irritation:The local irritation of some nerve endings, such as the posterior auricular nerve or the other branches of cervical plexus may stimulate the phrenic nerve thus also causing hiccups.

Diet: In the case that the patient developes hiccups due to eating or drinking, his/her diet needs to be controlled. Alcoholic beverages, carbonated beverages or taking in large volumes of food may also increase the chance of developing hiccups.

If the hiccups persist severely or beyond a few hours you are urged to contact your hair transplant surgeon for medical treatment. You doctor may prescribe chlorpromazine (Thorazine) and you may need to continue taking the pills for a few days to avoid re-occurance of the hiccups.

Never heard of the hiccups issue. Btw, who did your surgery? Not to alarm you but the pattern of the grafts he planted does not look quite right. They are in rows which is not a natural pattern.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

The surgery was performed by Dr. Hamayun - Pakistan. He is currently among the top physicians in the world and is also listed on the recommended physicians list on this website.

Never heard of the hiccups issue. Btw, who did your surgery? Not to alarm you but the pattern of the grafts he planted does not look quite right. They are in rows which is not a natural pattern.

My doctor has prescribed me "Stemetil 5mg" twice a day which I think is a stronger from of Thorazine. I took one tablet in the morning and am about to take the second one now. Lets see if this works ....

Have your doctor give you prescription for Thorazine. You can take 25 to 50 mg. every 2 hours for the hiccups and it will stop the hiccups. Good luck

• 6 years later...