Paying deposit for a hairtransplant

Hey guys.

Ohh and girls's ?

Any of you need to pay deposit when booking for a hairtransplant with the great

Doctor Hakan?

If so, did u get some sort of receipt?

And did u feel safe about transferering so much money to

Some account in a foreign country?

Not referring to your doctor but generally speaking, it is always best to get a written copy of the doctor/clinic policy on surgery deposits.

If for any reason, something outside of your control prevents you from making the established date for the procedure, you want to know your options for re-scheduling the procedure or if you stand to lose it altogether.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Yeah. Ask for a receipt!

It's one of the things that annoyed me a bit when I paid the deposit for my HT with Bisanga at BHR.

I had to chase them to get a receipt. It seemed like they didn't normally issue receipts at all.

When you pay this amount of money, a receipt should be sent automatic. A proper, signed receipt on headed paper.

I'm very organised when it comes to my finances, so a receipt was a must, in particular if there are any issues and you need to prove your purchase.

Having said that, they didn't refuse to send it. It just took some time. I was happy with every other aspect of the procedure.

Yeah. Ask for a receipt!

It's one of the things that annoyed me a bit when I paid the deposit for my HT with Bisanga at BHR.

I had to chase them to get a receipt. It seemed like they didn't normally issue receipts at all.

When you pay this amount of money, a receipt should be sent automatic. A proper, signed receipt on headed paper.

I'm very organised when it comes to my finances, so a receipt was a must, in particular if there are any issues and you need to prove your purchase.

Having said that, they didn't refuse to send it. It just took some time. I was happy with every other aspect of the procedure.

Thank you guys for the answer.

So after i transfer the money i should ask for a receipt to be send within how Many days?

But really if i transfer and dont hear from Them (not that i Think This could ever happend)

I stand to loose all my money Right?

There is no Way i Can Call the bank and make Them transfer back Right?

Good advice from baldie.

Why not tell them that you expect a written receipt "before" you wire the funds and also ask for a copy of their deposit policy.

Get the name of the individual you are speaking with and make sure they have the authority.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Good advice from baldie.

Why not tell them that you expect a written receipt "before" you wire the funds and also ask for a copy of their deposit policy.

Get the name of the individual you are speaking with and make sure they have the authority.

Thanks for your guys taking the time to answer.

I am about to pay deposit with dr. Hakans clinic.

They ask for 20% deposit to book the date

The name of the account holder is ahmet karpuz

And the adress of the account holder is in Ankara.

Does that sounds Right? The clinic is located in antalya.

Maybe someone who has payed a deposit at dr. Hakan's clinic before

Can give some feedback?

Please guys, i need your opinions ?

I also would like to know, should every clinic send you your treatment plan with the exact work ie grafts that are going to be performed, and how much it will cost? before the deposit is paid.

Yes. I got a complete list of details surrounding the procedure, amount of grafts, preop instructions, terms and conditions etc etc.

That was sent to me automatically once I said "yes" to have my procedure. I didn't have to ask for it, and neither should you. It should be automatic.

It also had the financial details on there. The full cost, the deposit and when to pay what.

I wouldn't pay unless I had all of that in place beforehand.

I also would like to know, should every clinic send you your treatment plan with the exact work ie grafts that are going to be performed, and how much it will cost? before the deposit is paid.

That would be called a proposal (contract) and most clinics will not provide this mainly due to the numerous disclaimers signed before the procedure. The hair mills can be notorious for medicating the patient first, and then having them sign the paperwork.

It never hurts to get copies of this paperwork before the day of the procedure. Any questions can be addressed before the date is scheduled.

The graft count can be ambiguous because until they dissect the strip, the total number of grafts can vary somewhat. They should have a provision of the breakdown of the graft pricing though.

Gillenator

Yes. I got a complete list of details surrounding the procedure, amount of grafts, preop instructions, terms and conditions etc etc.

That was sent to me automatically once I said "yes" to have my procedure. I didn't have to ask for it, and neither should you. It should be automatic.

It also had the financial details on there. The full cost, the deposit and when to pay what.

I wouldn't pay unless I had all of that in place beforehand.

Yes, that sounds right and proper. Would it be good to get the clinic to write in it, if you're not happy we can do a free top up? :)

Many good ethical doctors stand behind their work, meaning, if you are not happy, they are not happy.

But due to the ambiguous nature of the issue, they don't put that language in their paperwork as a rule. Their respective legal counsel would advise against it as well since they articulate the contract and disclosures for the clinic.

Gillenator