1169 FUE Hairline Transplant Dr Bhatti on 12/2/13

Prime209

Just had a FUE procedure done by Dr Bhatti of darling buds clinic on 12/2/13.

My main area of concern was the hairline. Multiple surgeons placed me at a Norwood II going into a Norwood III.

Hairline design:

Dr Bhatti and I redesigned the hairline 3 times until we were both agreeable. His initial hairline had 2 concave lines meeting at a widows peak which I was not satisfied with. I told him I wanted it more rounded and convex with no widows peak. His answer to that was "No way! I will not give you a hairline of a young man." So we agreed on a compromise, convex forelock with no widows peak and very slight concave temple lines.

image.jpg.0750d3cf29ae9494127d077bad03bb78.jpg

1$ OR 1.25$ pergraft dr bhatti is doing ok work and even doctors from turkey with 2$per graft.

I am seeing day has come where majority of PROSPECTIVE PATIENTS ARE GOING TO FLY TO INDIA AND TURKEY FOR GOOD AND BETTER RESULTS AT VERY ECONOMIC PRICE

I have been saying same thing to dr bhatti from months.Now I am glad this patient made dr bhatti to design and make hairline covering temples and widows peak.I would say hairline looks ok not good because dr bhatti has never created hairline ever before this one. Its my opinion this is what i would say try to fit in defination of what i call hairline.

I will wait and watch for the grafts to take up as i dont know with what density dr bhatti has filled the hairline.

Dr bhatti keep it up

1$per graft for FUE wow

thanks mask and black amish

I always said that dr bhatti has to improve his skills on one part that is hairline

I will even say now he has to do lot lot of homework to create structured hairline

I am glad in 1$ and 2$ doctors like dr bhatti and doctors from turkey are making

folliclely challenge people to get their dream come true.

I know lot of people who could not have afforded HT and now with help of HT network they are getting their self esteem and confidence back.

day has come where we can say

hair today gone tomorrow came back day after tomorrow

Just had a FUE procedure done by Dr Bhatti of darling buds clinic on 12/2/13.

My main area of concern was the hairline. Multiple surgeons placed me at a Norwood II going into a Norwood III.

Hairline design:

Dr Bhatti and I redesigned the hairline 3 times until we were both agreeable. His initial hairline had 2 concave lines meeting at a widows peak which I was not satisfied with. I told him I wanted it more rounded and convex with no widows peak. His answer to that was "No way! I will not give you a hairline of a young man." So we agreed on a compromise, convex forelock with no widows peak and very slight concave temple lines.

Mate I have left you a PM, Can you please go through it and reply me back on it.

I will be traveling for the next 48 hours so internet access will be limited. I will post a thorough write up of my experience and opinion with Dr Bhatti and I will address all the personal messages when I'm back in California.

Hey guys, made it back to California and closing in on 6 days post op. No discomfort in the planted area but still a little tightness and some discomfort in the donor area. I've been sticking to the post-op regimen provided by Dr. Bhatti but it was hard to follow while travelling, so no shampooing or washing for a 30 hour stretch. I have ditched the darling buds cap for my own A's cap.

It has been hard to sleep comfortably because I'm a stomach/side sleeper and this position rubs the planted area on the pillow. So I've found that rolling up a beach towel and putting it under my jaw and cheek area allows me to float the planted area while still getting into my comfortable sleeping positions.

Hairline:

I asked Dr. Bhatti how he designs his hairlines. His answer, "Divide the face into one thirds and make them equal. Round faces have a flatter hairline, long skinny faces have a sharper receding hairline". I expressed my desire to have a rounded (convex) hairline with zigzag pattern instead of concave hairline with no zigzag. The initial hairline he drew looked horrible. I thought "why am I doing this if in the end I still have a crappy hairline and have the look of a receding hairline. After some negotiation we were both satisfied with the hairline.

Cost:

I went for the $1.40 per graft package. He uses a brand new punch machine in this package and this appealed to me because my biggest concern was/is infection. There is also a 12.58% tax if you choose not to pay in cash. Also add a 2% fee if you choose to pay with a credit card. The day of my procedure the credit card machine was not working (even though I was led to believe it was my credit card that was not working) and I had to end up wiring funds via an online transfer which added another $70 in bank fees. Typically, Dr. Bhatti does not accept wire transfers as payment for the procedure. Check his website for more information.

The Good:

-Fast

-Efficient

-Cheap

-Quality of work and post-op instructions were very good.

-Dr. Bhatti knew of all the FUE surgeons that I had consulted and knew about their techniques. He also travels to HT conferences often and is familiar with the newest advances in the field.

The Bad:

-The clinic is very busy. Dr. Bhatti does 2 HT a day along with a number of in-clinic and internet consultations in a day, 7 DAYS A WEEK! He pretty much goes from 7 am to 7 pm. At times I felt like things were rushed, especially when I first met him to go over the hair line.

-Technicians receive all their training in the clinic, they did not go to college or take any courses for this.

-Sterile technique needs to improve for the technicians. There was a lot of technician traffic in and out of the OR. They frequently dropped hands below waist line with gloves on.

-Dr. Bhatti's English is very good. It was difficult at times to understand the technicians English but they had no problems with repeating themselves.

Hey guys, made it back to California and closing in on 6 days post op. No discomfort in the planted area but still a little tightness and some discomfort in the donor area. I've been sticking to the post-op regimen provided by Dr. Bhatti but it was hard to follow while travelling, so no shampooing or washing for a 30 hour stretch. I have ditched the darling buds cap for my own A's cap.

It has been hard to sleep comfortably because I'm a stomach/side sleeper and this position rubs the planted area on the pillow. So I've found that rolling up a beach towel and putting it under my jaw and cheek area allows me to float the planted area while still getting into my comfortable sleeping positions.

Hairline:

I asked Dr. Bhatti how he designs his hairlines. His answer, "Divide the face into one thirds and make them equal. Round faces have a flatter hairline, long skinny faces have a sharper receding hairline". I expressed my desire to have a rounded (convex) hairline with zigzag pattern instead of concave hairline with no zigzag. The initial hairline he drew looked horrible. I thought "why am I doing this if in the end I still have a crappy hairline and have the look of a receding hairline. After some negotiation we were both satisfied with the hairline.

Cost:

I went for the $1.40 per graft package. He uses a brand new punch machine in this package and this appealed to me because my biggest concern was/is infection. There is also a 12.58% tax if you choose not to pay in cash. Also add a 2% fee if you choose to pay with a credit card. The day of my procedure the credit card machine was not working (even though I was led to believe it was my credit card that was not working) and I had to end up wiring funds via an online transfer which added another $70 in bank fees. Typically, Dr. Bhatti does not accept wire transfers as payment for the procedure. Check his website for more information.

The Good:

-Fast

-Efficient

-Cheap

-Dr. Bhatti knew of all the FUE surgeons that I had consulted and knew about their techniques. He also travels to HT conferences often and is familiar with the newest advances in the field.

The Bad:

-The clinic is very busy. Dr. Bhatti does 2 HT a day along with a number of in-clinic and internet consultations in a day, 7 DAYS A WEEK! He pretty much goes from 7 am to 7 pm. At times I felt like things were rushed, especially when I first met him to go over the hair line.

-Technicians receive all their training in the clinic, they did not go to college or take any courses for this.

-Sterile technique needs to improve for the technicians. There was a lot of technician traffic in and out of the OR. They frequently dropped hands below waist line with gloves on.

-Dr. Bhatti's English is very good. It was difficult at times to understand the technicians English but they had no problems with repeating themselves.

Coming on to your question of Hairline Design and Dr.Bhatti's philosophy on it that Long Faces look good with a Sharp, Peak like design while round faces look good with rounded hairline design. You haven't put your entire face picture so it is kinda hard to guess, your face structure but looks like you have a semi round, oval kind of face structure so in your case did he in the first attempt suggest you a round hairline design shouldn't have been much of struggle for you because you anyways have a oval kind of shape face, so what was the worry when you say you had to negotiate with Him on the hairline design part ?

Technicians receive all their training in the clinic, they did not go to college or take any courses for this

prime thanks for letting people know here his staff has never been to college or any kind of education. They get training in clinic of dr bhatti.

This is something I was not knowing. I am not sure does dr bhatti runs a medical school I mean private medical school too.

I will say thanks to BILL and other people behind HT network because that's how we can ask our question to patients of doctor on this forum.

I can imagine without this forum journey to successful HT would have not been possible.

Hairline:

Cost:

The Good:

-Fast

-Efficient

-Cheap

The Bad:

Hi Prime209,

Congratulations on getting your HT Procedure done and welcome back to California:)

Thank you for sharing your experiences in regards to your HT process. I have shared your feedback with Dr. Bhatti's office. We always welcome the feedback from our patients.

With all due respect, I just wanted to clarify on a few of points that you have mentioned.

1. Technicians (training): I know for a fact that all the staff/technicians have a degree from prestigious nursing/medical technician colleges in India. I was at Dr. Bhatti's Clinic in July of this year and I spoke to all of his staff in person and asked them questions about their academic backgrounds. I happen to know some of the schools/colleges where they passed out of. The two ladies that implanted my hair grafts are registered nurses. Obviously, they were not trained for assisting in HT work in their colleges. That is something that Dr. Bhatti has been training them on, for the last 3-4 years. End result is that I found Dr. Bhatti's technicians to be competent. I say that as a patient of Dr. Bhatti. I can point you to threads/posts on this forum where other patients have shared the same sentiments.

2. Work week: Dr. Bhatti's Clinic is open 5-6 days a week, mostly 6 days. A Sunday procedure is kind of a rare occurrence. Like the rest of us, Dr. Bhatti and his staff have families and need to spend some time with them too. Since I am the Patient Advisor for Dr. Bhatti for the North America region, I am actively involved in scheduling of the HT procedures. Dr. Bhatti will do a Sunday procedure only to accommodate patients coming from abroad (again on rare occasions). FYI. He just turned down a patient from California who had asked for a date of Dec 22nd (Sunday) since no dates are available till end of Feb 2014. Also, since Dr. Bhatti was recently away from his clinic for a couple of weeks, (being in San Francisco and Vancouver), he has been trying to work a few extra weekends to accommodate his patients. Please note that Dr. Bhatti can easily offload some of his work by hiring another HT Surgeon in his clinic. But since he has set such a high standards for himself and his service, he wants to take care of all his patients himself rather than delegating to others. He takes the quality of his service and the satisfaction of his patients very seriously and is not willing to compromise on that. He ends up losing patients this way (since there is only so much that one Surgeon can handle and some patients don't like to wait 3 months to get a procedure date) but he is OK with that.

3. Sterile technique: I am very surprised on reading your comments. I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have passed on your feedback to Dr. Bhatti. This is the first time that anyone has mentioned this. For the record, 85% of Dr. Bhatti's patients come from abroad (mostly North America, Australia, Europe and Africa). So, the service offered has to match with the Western standards....otherwise it just would not work. When I was getting my HT done, I stepped out of the OT and removed my gown.....I had to go back to the HT to get some of my belongings but the staff would not allow me to do that. They told me that I would have to wait until after I was dressed properly for the OT. I tried to argue with them but they would not budge. Again, if you found the some things lacking, we apologize for that and will make sure that the Clinic maintains the highest levels of standards ....that always pride ourselves upon.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. It is highly appreciated. I wish you all the best in your HT journey! Please note that I was just trying to clarify some things and did not mean to offend you or anyone. I hope you understand.

Thank you,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Coming on to your question of Hairline Design and Dr.Bhatti's philosophy on it that Long Faces look good with a Sharp, Peak like design while round faces look good with rounded hairline design. You haven't put your entire face picture so it is kinda hard to guess, your face structure but looks like you have a semi round, oval kind of face structure so in your case did he in the first attempt suggest you a round hairline design shouldn't have been much of struggle for you because you anyways have a oval kind of shape face, so what was the worry when you say you had to negotiate with Him on the hairline design part ?

My face is long and oval. The worry was that I would end up with a hairline that yells "HT hairline". Widows peaks serve no purpose as far as I can tell. Rounded hair lines are done by most of the other HT surgeons, just not by Dr. Bhatti. I wanted the skill, experience, hands of Dr. Bhatti with a non-Bhatti hairline. I hope that clarifies your question.

Edited by Prime209

What density was the hair generally transplanted at? That looks like a lot of area to cover for only 1169 grafts. Are you concerned about issues with density?

Density was 55 hairs/cm2. From my research, anything over 50 is considered to be good density. Also, just the temples and hair line were addressed. You cannot see it from the pics but the hair was trimmed back at the forelock and temples, so there are healthy normal non-transplanted trimmed hairs in there as well.

Hi Prime209,

Congratulations on getting your HT Procedure done and welcome back to California:)

Thank you for sharing your experiences in regards to your HT process. I have shared your feedback with Dr. Bhatti's office. We always welcome the feedback from our patients.

With all due respect, I just wanted to clarify on a few of points that you have mentioned.

1. Technicians (training): I know for a fact that all the staff/technicians have a degree from prestigious nursing/medical technician colleges in India. I was at Dr. Bhatti's Clinic in July of this year and I spoke to all of his staff in person and asked them questions about their academic backgrounds. I happen to know some of the schools/colleges where they passed out of. The two ladies that implanted my hair grafts are registered nurses. Obviously, they were not trained for assisting in HT work in their colleges. That is something that Dr. Bhatti has been training them on, for the last 3-4 years. End result is that I found Dr. Bhatti's technicians to be competent. I say that as a patient of Dr. Bhatti. I can point you to threads/posts on this forum where other patients have shared the same sentiments.

2. Work week: Dr. Bhatti's Clinic is open 5-6 days a week, mostly 6 days. A Sunday procedure is kind of a rare occurrence. Like the rest of us, Dr. Bhatti and his staff have families and need to spend some time with them too. Since I am the Patient Advisor for Dr. Bhatti for the North America region, I am actively involved in scheduling of the HT procedures. Dr. Bhatti will do a Sunday procedure only to accommodate patients coming from abroad (again on rare occasions). FYI. He just turned down a patient from California who had asked for a date of Dec 22nd (Sunday) since no dates are available till end of Feb 2014. Also, since Dr. Bhatti was recently away from his clinic for a couple of weeks, (being in San Francisco and Vancouver), he has been trying to work a few extra weekends to accommodate his patients. Please note that Dr. Bhatti can easily offload some of his work by hiring another HT Surgeon in his clinic. But since he has set such a high standards for himself and his service, he wants to take care of all his patients himself rather than delegating to others. He takes the quality of his service and the satisfaction of his patients very seriously and is not willing to compromise on that. He ends up losing patients this way (since there is only so much that one Surgeon can handle and some patients don't like to wait 3 months to get a procedure date) but he is OK with that.

3. Sterile technique: I am very surprised on reading your comments. I thank you for bringing this to our attention. I have passed on your feedback to Dr. Bhatti. This is the first time that anyone has mentioned this. For the record, 85% of Dr. Bhatti's patients come from abroad (mostly North America, Australia, Europe and Africa). So, the service offered has to match with the Western standards....otherwise it just would not work. When I was getting my HT done, I stepped out of the OT and removed my gown.....I had to go back to the HT to get some of my belongings but the staff would not allow me to do that. They told me that I would have to wait until after I was dressed properly for the OT. I tried to argue with them but they would not budge. Again, if you found the some things lacking, we apologize for that and will make sure that the Clinic maintains the highest levels of standards ....that always pride ourselves upon.

Again, thank you so much for your feedback. It is highly appreciated. I wish you all the best in your HT journey! Please note that I was just trying to clarify some things and did not mean to offend you or anyone. I hope you understand.

Thank you,

California

No offense taken. I'm glad this feedback will get back to the clinic. I think the work Dr. Bhatti does is elite level and because of this his clinic is so busy.

1. I asked the technicians where they received their schooling and training, and their response was "here in the clinic". They may have inferred HT specific training from my question and left out their nursing training from a nursing school. There was a small language barrier even though they speak English.

Another example, after the procedure they told me I could change back into my clothes but not to wear my "vest"...I looked at them questioningly and told them I didn't wear a vest to the clinic. Other substitute names for "vest" were thrown out by other technician and I caught "tank". So I said "Ohhh, you don't want me to wear my undershirt tank", which i thought was weird. So I walked out of the clinic wearing just my t-shirt and hoodie sweatshirt as they frowned towards me. Later, I had a good laugh when I figured out they meant my "hoodie sweatshirt" when they said "vest" because they didn't want me to accidentally pull my hood over the grafts.

2. Dr. Bhatti confirmed during my session that he has been very busy and had to work Sundays to accommodate out of country patients. He stated that Nov and Dec are his busiest times due to people wanting to take care of their procedure during the holidays.

3. Thank you for addressing this with the clinic.

Edited by Prime209

Well, 14 days have passed since the procedure. The daily routine of washing with mineral water, dabbing shampoo with gauze, applying shaving cream, rinsing with mineral water and applying aloe oil was getting tiring. I'm finally able to shower with baby shampoo per post-op instructions.

The crust has started to fall off along with minor shedding off the transplanted hairs. Still a lot of crust that needs to come off. Great thing is I went back to work 9 days post-op and no one has been able to tell that I had any work done. My hair was long enough to where I could trim it with scissors to cover the grafts.

My main concern prior to the transplant was infection and scarring (I have a history of keloid scars on my body). I can say I'm in the clear on the infection front and so far so good on the scar front. Can't wait for the crust and hairs to shed so I can see how the skin looks underneath.

5b32dc3b14e77_photo1.JPG.5e752fcacc583d697a8f7c1875bdcae6.JPG

5b32dc3b26664_photo2.JPG.c8e2b54aa93b740bed10a3e4703eaf07.JPG

5b32dc3b3de34_photo3.JPG.480c959437ba2fde7e13d8020961b5cc.JPG

5b32dc3b4c76c_photo4.JPG.d7e803bbd23513068879969a12e48786.JPG