Dr Hakan Doganay - 3000 FUE 05 & 06 Dec 2013

sillymusic

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
Was that a Birth Mark or Tumor on his Head ?

I had a biopsy taken from the lesion during the research before this surgery. as some of the docs I visited were cautius (rightly) of performing on me. Histology confirmed that 'the lesion is a benign intradermal melanocytic naevus with no signs of malignancy' -in other words just a birthmark

Conclusions: The goal was to repair previous bad surgery and initially cover the birthmark to an extent that I don’t need to be concerned about it being visible. I’m happy that they achieved that :) I'm slightly disappointed by a few small areas that didn’t yield, and the mid-section has miniature further somewhat. I had come off meds around 6 months into it which probably facilitated the native loss.

Realistically with my hair characteristics and remaining donor I think they have done a great job with what they had to work with. Dr Hakans team have been fantastic throughout, and decided to have another round in January 2015 to add a little more density in the temples and if my donor could handle pack some into the mid-section.

Started back on the the ‘big 3’ meds 2 months prior for 3rd HT in January to try and limit any shock loss and help the crown out.

I should get the pre op photos soon from the clinic and ill post up a comparision :cool:

Cheers