Tell it to me straight. Has the FUE landscape changed with Lorenzo?

dirtylarry

I have been a member of a couple of hair loss forums for a while (not this one as it happens) although I did lurk here for a while about 6 months ago when I started researching this. At that time Chrisis had posted his FUE blog and all the talk seemed to be about Feriduni and Bisanga and the Belgian doctors. After researching and doing online consultations I felt assured in my decision to pursue FUE with one of the two Belgians knowing that they were both the best in the world. I have not yet acted on this desire but I am coming close to booking surgery.

However I spent the weekend reading over posts from the last 6 months and I was startled to see a few threads where people like Mickey85, who talks about feriduni as one of the best, was now saying that Lorenzo was "a whole other level". Im pretty sure I read somewhere that Mickey85 was planning surgery with Feriduni is this correct? Would you say Lorenzo now is better?

Another thing that struck me was in another thread someone mentioned that Hariri used to talk about feriduni a lot but now talks about Lorenzo a lot and doesnt mention feriduni.

So my question is... Has lorenzo changed the FUE landscape? Should I really be considering him over the Belgians? Or are they pretty much equal?

Is Lorenzo another level? :eek: Or is this all just hype?

Does the fact that hes not in the IAHRS matter?

Edited by dirtylarry

There all great docs for sure and I guess we all have our favourite. For me dr Lorenzo is an fue god! He has taken fue to a completely new level with the work he has been doing.

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

I was in the exact same boat I was getting ready to book with either Bisanga or Feriduni and believed them to be the best FUE surgeons I could get scheduled with (although I hadn't looked into Turkey at that point). I always knew that Lorenzo was considered better but he was in Spain and not really seeing foreign patients. Lorenzo was also booked out in Madrid so far in advance he didn't need to see foreign patients.

I think the big change came on this forum when Lorenzo decided to go work in Manchester UK for one year. He then was seeing patients from outside Spain and you could get an appointment within a few months. He was also added as an approved surgeon on this site. Then patients, like myself started posting their results with Lorenzo and he has become a larger topic of conversation here. For me personally, I always believed he was the best but I had trouble trying to get into Injerto Capilar in Madrid. Once he went to Manchester I jumped at the opportunity to see him and 3 weeks plus out from surgery I'm really happy I did.

As far as Mickey goes I believe he was thinking of going to Turkey for his surgery he did some consultations with Feriduni but as far as I know was never booked there. Mickey gave me good advice on Lorenzo and felt he was the best in the world at FUE, but Lorenzo is expensive so for some the cost benefit of Turkey/Belgium makes more sense. I believe because he does all the work himself (punch, extractions, implants) he is worth every penny, but everyone has their own list of priorities.

Based on the FUE pictures I've seen from Lorenzo and his patients, I personally do not understand the hype. From what I can tell Feriduni and Bisanga consistently produce more natural hairlines in terms of density and yield with FUE.

Dirt,

I think it is safe to say that the landscape of FUE has changed. However, I don't think it is accurate to say it has changed in the sense that one physician has eclipsed those who were once considered state-of-the-art. I think the following is more accurate: the landscape of FUE has changed because of the combined efforts of all these physicians. Practitioners like Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Doganay, etc, etc have raised the bar together. These physicians have worked longer hours, invented new tools, perfected techniques, and their efforts have really changed what can be achieved by FUE.

Frankly, I think Dr. Feriduni, Bisanga, and Lorenzo are all excellent, and you honestly "couldn't go wrong" with any of them.

Hope this helps!

"Doc" Blake Bloxham - formerly "Future_HT_Doc"

Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, the Hair Loss Learning Center, the Hair Loss Q&A Blog, and the Hair Restoration Forum

All opinions are my own and my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

He is great no doubt about that, he has taken the procedure to new limits. I think it has something to do with the routine he is doing the procedure. techs fill out all those implanters constantly to make it more efficient time wise and less labor intensive for the doctor. Some doctors are already copying this routine with great success.

I don't know if i am right maybe Mickey85 has more info on this he has been following closely the advancements of FUE and he can chime in.

Bisanga likes strip, dont forget it, so does the other Belg, (is that even a word?) I mean, docs in general dont give a damn about the FUE/Strip debate, it is not a philosophocal conundrum for them like it is for us. Having said that, Lorenzo just does FUE. But,Dr. Bisanga is just so good at FUE in anycase, although he plants somwewhat,densely and extracts somewhat conservatively, which is congruous with his idea that FUE is good for small jobs. Although some of his jobs look thin, and hairlines too neat, Lorenzo has driven a panzer division through the formidable defences of the North american strip imdustry. He goes big, his extraction is beautiful.

I think Lorenzo is the best judging by his clear photos, patient threads, hairline style, and the fact that he is doing the work himself.

That being said I also agree with Blake.

I think the following is more accurate: the landscape of FUE has changed because of the combined efforts of all these physicians. Practitioners like Dr. Lorenzo, Dr. Feriduni, Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Mwamba, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Doganay, etc, etc have raised the bar together. These physicians have worked longer hours, invented new tools, perfected techniques, and their efforts have really changed what can be achieved by FUE.

So my question is... Has lorenzo changed the FUE landscape? Should I really be considering him over the Belgians? Or are they pretty much equal?

Is Lorenzo another level? :eek: Or is this all just hype?

Does the fact that hes not in the IAHRS matter?

1. I think he is probably the top FUE surgeon right now, IMO, followed by Drs. Koray and Hakan. (spelling?) based on the number of results posted and the clarity of the photos. I would like to see more of their actual patients posting their experiences. I also think these things change and there will be many doctors that catch up quickly. Dr. Lorenzo, from my knowledge, is not secretive with his protocols and puts on workshops, etc. You can see a lot of his protocol on Youtube and really is worth watching. Obviously, FUE is changing as a whole, but for now, I would say that no, they are not all equal. However there are many others that are very good. I think that Dr. Rahal can run with these guys too, you just don't see him doing a lot of global coverage like these "new" guys who are coming on the scene lately are doing. Keep in mind that taking the hair out is only part of the craft, and I would argue that putting it back in is the most important, therefore, I don't think that docs will never be equal in the implanting portion of the procedure. Some day, every doctor may be able to do low scarring 95 percent survival rate FUE, but putting it back in is the art and will always separate the best from the good.

2. I don't think it is hype. The man has serious skills. I won't say that he is alone at his level, but it is a pretty lonely place without a lot of company at this time.

3. No it doesn't.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't chime in earlier guys, I have been preoccupied in my personal life(all good things) and haven't been delving into these boards like before but I am still here :) I did once plan a procedure with Dr Feriduni, that is correct. I was very close to biting the bullet but decided against it not because due to not being mentally ready to undergo a procedure. It had nothing to do with Feriduni himself whom I think is better than any FUE surgeon in North America and it a great FUE and strip surgeon. I have spoken to Dr Erdogan about a procedure also but have put that aside for now also. I'm just enjoying my life at the moment and have not committed to any dates or surgeons.

I will say this however. If money was not an issue, Lorenzo HANDS DOWN. Lorenzo is basically the guy who changed the landscape of FUE where people and reps used to say it was "only for small jobs or minor recession". He has the most documented results(190+) out of any FUE surgeon taken since 2007. His yield is of "strip-quality" and he does most of the work himself. I think Bisanga, Feriduni, Hakan, Erdogan and Maras are EXCELLENT FUE surgeons, but Lorenzo is just a hair in front. Pun intended. My opinion.

I will say this however. If money was not an issue, Lorenzo HANDS DOWN. Lorenzo is basically the guy who changed the landscape of FUE where people and reps used to say it was "only for small jobs or minor recession". He has the most documented results(190+) out of any FUE surgeon taken since 2007. His yield is of "strip-quality" and he does most of the work himself. I think Bisanga, Feriduni, Hakan, Erdogan and Maras are EXCELLENT FUE surgeons, but Lorenzo is just a hair in front. Pun intended. My opinion.

Can you provide a link to maybe a few of his cases you like best? I've seen various results from members posted here and elsewhere and from what I've seen I'm not impressed. I realize the results are subjective but I just don't understand.

Sorry I didn't chime in earlier guys, I have been preoccupied in my personal life(all good things) and haven't been delving into these boards like before but I am still here :) I did once plan a procedure with Dr Feriduni, that is correct. I was very close to biting the bullet but decided against it not because due to not being mentally ready to undergo a procedure. It had nothing to do with Feriduni himself whom I think is better than any FUE surgeon in North America and it a great FUE and strip surgeon. I have spoken to Dr Erdogan about a procedure also but have put that aside for now also. I'm just enjoying my life at the moment and have not committed to any dates or surgeons.

I agree with you. Lorenzo indeed is the King of FUE. I have never seen a doctor who video all of his results with full confidence and clarity, however the price is the killing issue. Mickey85, im just curious due to your extensive research. Who would be your choice in Turkey (Erdogan or Doganay) and why?

Plug removal + Strip scar revision - Dr. Ali Karadeniz (AEK)- May 23, 2015

Plug removal + 250 FUE temple points- Dr. Hakan Doganay (AHD)- July 3, 2013

Scar Tricopigmentation- Dr. Koray Erdogan (ASMED)- May 3, 2013

2500 FUT (Hairline Repair)- Dr. Rahal- July 26, 2011

My Hair Treatments:

1- Alpecin Double Effect Shampoo (Daily)

2- Regaine Solution Minoxidil 5% (2 ml once a day)

3- GNC Ultra NourishHair™ (Once a day)

4- GNC Herbal Plus Standardized Saw Palmetto (Once a day)

My Rahal HT thread http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/164456-2500-fut-dr-rahal-hairline-repair.html[/size]

Can you provide a link to maybe a few of his cases you like best? I've seen various results from members posted here and elsewhere and from what I've seen I'm not impressed. I realize the results are subjective but I just don't understand.

+1

searched youtube and barely see any videos of his work, unless im searching wrong??

+1

searched youtube and barely see any videos of his work, unless im searching wrong??

He had over 190 videos on Youtube under the name "Injerto capilar" but unfortunately seems like they have been taken down since he moved to the UK to work under Farjo...

I agree with you. Lorenzo indeed is the King of FUE. I have never seen a doctor who video all of his results with full confidence and clarity, however the price is the killing issue. Mickey85, im just curious due to your extensive research. Who would be your choice in Turkey (Erdogan or Doganay) and why?

Erdogan by a slight hair because he has more results out there. Both are amazing.

wow that dude is crazy quick!

Dr. Dow Stough - 1000 Grafts - 1996

Dr. Jerry Wong - 4352 Grafts - August 2012

Dr. Jerry Wong - 2708 Grafts - May 2016

Remember a hair transplant turns back the clock,

but it doesn't stop the clock.

Mickey,

Good to know you are out and about and enjoying life.

The account got hacked but everything will be back up and running shortly.

Mick

Hey there Mick! Good to know that the account will be back! Those videos are amazing documentation. I will be talking to you guys soon about a possible repair for sometime in the latter half of 2014 :)

PS Pleaseeeee get Dr Lorenzo to chime in on this forum :)