Considering FUT but worried about first 2 weeks

I am a 5A on the scale and considering a FUT. I have some hair on top but not much. My #1 concern at this point (by far) is the thought of going back to work and having everyone notice I had work done. I am in a very high profile position and in front of people all day long.

I am taking two weeks off work in an effort to get this procedure and hopefully heal enough to go back to work and it not be obvious. If the hair comes in gradually, I can deal with that (can explain it with use of drugs, Rogaine, etc).

Any advice on whether or not I can pull this off. I am going to a very reputable doctor that has been endorsed on this site.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

same concern I have here, i'm having my procedure in Jan 2014, I've rolled over a few weeks of vacation from 2013 and also asked for several other weeks to work from home - hopefully this will give me enough time to look "acceptable" to go back in an office environment

In my prior experience from my 1st HT,since you said you are going to one of the recommended coalition surgeons,I'm sure the work will be clean,14 days should be plenty of time for your scabs to wash off.You may just be a little pink in your recipient area.As for the donor scar,after 10 days the Dr. should remove ur sutures/staples if you have them.You may want to have your hair long enough for coverage before your precedure.

1st HT 1973 FUT's with Dr.Robert Mcclellan 6/28/2007

*unfortunately I have no info on hair count on my 1st surgery ..

2nd HT 3026 FUT's with Dr. Bernadino Arocha 1/9/2014

1's - 797

2's - 3700

3's - 246

5634 hairs

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/attachment.php?attachmentid=54945&d=1389315686

3026 FUTs 1 day HT#2 post op frontal picture

Yea. for a NW 5A it might be a little hard to look like normal for a few months. You could use concealers etc. to help out, and keep the back long to hide the scar but you still might look a little strange for a while. Maybe you should find a break in your schedule that would give you a little more time off before returning to work (if possible).

Managed to pull it off myself with 5 weeks but I remember thinking that 4 weeks would have been enough.

If you grow your hair quite long in the weeks before people will see such a change with the buzzed look that they will forget where your original hairline (or lack of) used to be.

Get some Dermatch and Nanogen so you can do some disguising work for the 1st month back at work.

4,312 FUT grafts (7,676 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2013

1,145 FUE grafts (3,152 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - August 2018

763 FUE grafts (2,094 hairs) with Ray Konior, MD - January 2020

Proscar 1.25mg every 3rd day

I was able to do it. I returned to work 10 days after having the procedure done before the sutures were even removed. It took me some white lies and ambition but, you'll find a way to get through it. I wouldn't let that fear stop you because even if, worst case you aren't "cleaned up" in the 2 weeks you won't care nothing about that when you see the results.

Like mentioned make sure to keep it long in the back to help hide the donor area

A hat would be ideal but from the sounds of it, that's not a option at work.

Wish you the best of luck!

After two weeks YOU will think that somebody will notice something because you notice it. As long as your hair in the back is long enough to cover you scar that will be one thing that won't be noticed. Regarding the recipient area, most of the scabs fall off by day 14 so you won't have a bloody scalp. Just some redness (aka sunburn), and some sparse little hairs. Most of these hair will shed by the two week mark, but if some are left nobody will notice.

Even if somebody thought something was different, they wouldn't know what it was. Especially the thought of a hair transplant.

The more hair you have up top the easier it is to hide. Without any hair, two weeks is pushing it, but I think you can still pull it off. Just depends. Only one way to find out.

My advice would be to go for it because you will notice, but nobody else will.