anyone on Fin have the CAG repeat score test? (HairDX genetic test)

hsrp10

I started on Fin three years ago prior to HT #1 simply on the advice of my surgeon.

Don't think it worked for me overall and also experienced sides.

Just was curious if anyone here on Fin or Propecia has actually had the HairDX test for Finasteride response done?

**outside link removed by moderator**

Edited by Future_HT_Doc

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUT surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr Hasson, Dr. Rahal

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

(*indicates actual experience with doctor)

I had not either til the other day

go dense or go home

Unbiased advice and opinions based on 25 plus years of researching and actual experience with hair loss, hair restoration via both FUT & FUE, SMP, scalp issues including scalp eczema & seborrheic dermatitis and many others

HSRP10's favorite FUE surgeons: *Dr. Konior, *Dr. Bisanga, Dr. Erdogan, Dr. Couto

• 2 weeks later...

My test kit arrived today, and will send it back and wait for the results in a few weeks.

To re-Fin or not to re-Fin....

go dense or go home

• 2 weeks later...

Got the results in today, the total triplet repeat score was 37, and the CAG repeat score for finasteride effectiveness was 19 (16 the lowest means more receptive for Fin while 29 on high scale means less receptive).

So although reluctant, I am restarting Fin after about 6 months of being off the drug.

Though I haven't loss any major ground I did notice some thinning behind my transplanted area on one side which at first I though might be shock loss.

Edited by hsrp10

go dense or go home