Vaccinations for India and itenary help please!

Hi,

Should I get any vaccinations before travelling to India?

I'm planning on having the procedure on the 9th Jan with Dr Bhatti for about 3500 grafts. I am thinking of sight seeing in Delhi, then to Agra to see the Taj Mahal and then to Chandigarh for the ht.

I'm thinking of travelling from the 6th to 18th Jan. Any help with the itenary will be much appreciated.

4066 FUE Grafts with Dr Bhatti, India 9&10 Jan 2014

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

hi found this from a google search. I know outside links are not allowed so i copied and pasted the article. hope it gives you an idea but its better to visit your local GP

All travelers

You should be up to date on routine vaccinations while traveling to any destination. Some vaccines may also be required for travel.

Routine vaccines

Make sure you are up-to-date on routine vaccines before every trip. These vaccines include measles-mumps-rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria-tetanus-pertussis vaccine, varicella (chickenpox) vaccine, polio vaccine, and your yearly flu shot.

Most travelers

Get travel vaccines and medicines because there is a risk of these diseases in the country you are visiting.

Hepatitis A

CDC recommends this vaccine because you can get hepatitis A through contaminated food or water in India, regardless of where you are eating or staying.

Typhoid

You can get typhoid through contaminated food or water in India. CDC recommends this vaccine for most travelers, especially if you are staying with friends or relatives, visiting smaller cities or rural areas, or if you are an adventurous eater.

Some travelers

Ask your doctor what vaccines and medicines you need based on where you are going, how long you are staying, what you will be doing, and if you are traveling from a country other than the US.

Hepatitis B

You can get hepatitis B through sexual contact, contaminated needles, and blood products, so CDC recommends this vaccine if you might have sex with a new partner, get a tattoo or piercing, or have any medical procedures.

Malaria

Talk to your doctor about how to prevent malaria while traveling. You may need to take prescription medicine before, during, and after your trip to prevent malaria, especially if you are visiting low-altitude areas.

Japanese Encephalitis

You may need this vaccine if your trip will last more than a month, depending on where you are going in India and what time of year you are traveling. You should also consider this vaccine if you plan to visit rural areas in India or will be spending a lot of time outdoors, even for trips shorter than a month. Your doctor can help you decide if this vaccine is right for you based on your travel plans.

Rabies

Rabies can be found in dogs, bats, and other mammals in India, so CDC recommends this vaccine for the following groups:

Travelers involved in outdoor and other activities (such as camping, hiking, biking, adventure travel, and caving) that put them at risk for animal bites.

People who will be working with or around animals (such as veterinarians, wildlife professionals, and researchers).

People who are taking long trips or moving to India

Children, because they tend to play with animals, might not report bites, and are more likely to have animal bites on their head and neck.

Yellow Fever

There is no risk of yellow fever in India. The government of India requires proof of yellow fever vaccination only if you are arriving from a country with risk of yellow fever. This does not include the US. If you are traveling from a country other than the US, check this list to see if you may be required to get the yellow fever vaccine: Countries with risk of yellow fever virus (YFV) transmission.

Hi there, I noticed you are having a HT with Dr Bhatti, great choice you wont regret it, my suggestion regarding traveling post op is to avoid it, although in one of his promo videos shows others siteseeing after their proceedure, you wont really feel like doing much, and honestly speaking Chandigarh hasnt that much to see, so I would do as much site seeing as you can before the HT and then within 2 days make your way home, as for vaccinations, Ive been traveling for many years and not since 90s have i had a travel needle, use common sense and you will be fine. Best of luck for the HT say hi to Dr Bhatti for me, he's a really nice guy and the team there are all really friendly. take care seth

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

Hi, thanks for the replies.

Unfortunately with dates and timings I'm going to have to do most of the sight seeing after the procedure.

I'll have a day in Delhi before going to Chandigarh. After how many days do you think I should fly back to Delhi? I was thinking of resting 3-4 days then flying to Delhi and sightseeing for a few days before flying back to the UK.

This makes planning and booking difficult because I've never had a transplant before. Im not sure how I will feel, I also have cutis verticis gyrata.

For my pics and thread click the link:http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/173658-4066-fue-grafts-dr-bhatti-india-restoring-more-than-just-hair.html

Dr Bhatti is pretty easy going with his international / large HT session bookings, you'll see once you get there that he might have 3 other smaller HT going during the day. So i can only recommend if you have already booked flights and can't change them, try and change the date with Dr Bhatti, get all your travel site seeing done first then have the HT, wait 2 days and fly home. All you want to do is take utter care of your head and do his post op care treatment in the comfort of you own bed and home.

I also noticed that you want 3500 FUE done, are you expecting this over 1 day or 2 day session? DrBhatti now tends to stick to 3000 max in a day, due to the care of the grafts and the fatigue of his staff, its a very very long day for them, they are on their feet and concentrating so I think he limits the sessions to 3000 p/day now. He tries his best to look after the needs of everyone including his staff.

I've caught public buses from the Delhi airport to Chandigarh as well as used his driver, next time I'll fly so its a good thing your considering flying, its a long way especially after a long flight.

I would like to get the surgery done asap. I've had traction alopecia since I was 14, so I've been bald for more than half my life lol.

The timings also relate to work. I'm probably going to get a flight from Delhi there, get the procedure done. Rest for a few days and play it by ear. I will be returning to work approximately 10 days after the surgery.

Money is tight so I'll be looking to do things on the cheap. Hopefully with my head of hair I'll have the confidence to push forward in my career and life...and then one day come back to India and treat my family with a proper holiday.

Does anyone know of any good budget accommodation? Also I have to see the Taj Mahal!

a few people have mentioned the Park Plaza for accommodation which is 10min walk from the clinic, I stayed twice at the Altius I found the price slightly high but it was really nice, and the food was amazing, best room service I have ever eaten, I think i was paying $45 AUD per night which I think is too much, next time I go I might try somewhere else.

10 day after surgery should be ok, just remember to wear a cap outside for the first 3 weeks

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

The day of the surgery is fast approaching. I had a look at Park Plaza and the prices are too high for me. So still looking.

I'd like to go to the Taj Mahal at least and do some sight seeing. This will be after the surgery, I will have around 9 days. Trying to keep costs down as everything is starting to add up.

Also whats the best way to carry cash to India? Specifically from the UK.

• 2 weeks later...

Bump,

My surgery is next week!!!

Any hint, tips etc about the surgery/India will be helpful.

Thanks!

Will the Lemon Tree be ok to stay at?

Good information Number 47!

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hi,

Being an Indian i would strongly reccomend to avoid sight seeing after surgery.The main reasons being you cant go anywhere without exposure to sun, you cant wear hats as it will damage scabs, the dust may cause infection, and if you are given antibiotics that will make you drowsy.

Rest in your hotel for couple of days and flyback home. Take flight between chandigarh and delhi. Check makemytrip.com

You can come back for sight seeing after recovery.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

Being an Indian i would strongly reccomend to avoid sight seeing after surgery.The main reasons being you cant go anywhere without exposure to sun, you cant wear hats as it will damage scabs, the dust may cause infection, and if you are given antibiotics that will make you drowsy.

Rest in your hotel for couple of days and flyback home. Take flight between chandigarh and delhi. Check makemytrip.com

You can come back for sight seeing after recovery.

Hi, I too am planning a trip to india for a fue and was hoping to do some sightseeing after the procedure. I realize i might be fatigued for a day or so afterwards, but is sightseeing not possible 48 hours after the surgery for a strong young man? Also at what time can i wear a hat?

Do all your sightseeing before op. Trust me after op you won't feel like gowing anywhere. You got to remember your head will be sore and itchy at times. If they prescribe you anti bio tics which they did for me you may have loose motion which will cause weakness as your body is loosing essential fluids.

After op you may experience face/forehand swelling.

I went India in jan 2014 and had op done in pune India. I am so glad I did op last and laid low for 10 days after op. Yes it is frustrating and boring being confined for 10 days but if you've made such a sacrifice to have a life changing op why risk sightseeing in India in the blazing heat, humidity and of course the dust and of course the dreaded Mosquitos all things that will make you itch more and increase risk of infection and scratching implants out.

Hope this helps

Do all your sightseeing before op. Trust me after op you won't feel like gowing anywhere. You got to remember your head will be sore and itchy at times. If they prescribe you anti bio tics which they did for me you may have loose motion which will cause weakness as your body is loosing essential fluids.

After op you may experience face/forehand swelling.

I went India in jan 2014 and had op done in pune India. I am so glad I did op last and laid low for 10 days after op. Yes it is frustrating and boring being confined for 10 days but if you've made such a sacrifice to have a life changing op why risk sightseeing in India in the blazing heat, humidity and of course the dust and of course the dreaded Mosquitos all things that will make you itch more and increase risk of infection and scratching implants out.

Hope this helps

10 days seems like an awful lot to be confined and lay low? This was what I had planned:

Sightseeing for a few days, then procedure.

Day 1 post op: Relax most of day. Visit doc if need be.

Day 2 post op: Relax. Walks.

Day 3 post op: Relax. Walks. Leave hotel briefly. Go somewhere with A/C.

Day 4 post op: Relax. Moderate exercise. Easy sightseeing

Day 5 post op: Relax. Moderate exercise. Easy sightseeing

Day 6 post op: Relax most of day and fly home

Day 7 post op:Still flying. Arrive home. Relax. By this, day 7 -Swelling usually has subsided. Redness is faint or absent. The hair transplant looks and feels like a week-old beard. There may be some residual crusting that can be gently scrubbed off (donor area only).

IMHO, ten days would place you more on the very safe end of the spectrum. Most HT patients are fine at day 7 post-op but like anything else, we all respond differently to the trauma and the meds including the fluids that are injected into the scalp.

If there is forehead swelling, too much activity can increase the level of swelling.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY