New member-Considering HT at 35! Who do I go to?

Hello Friends,

I am a new member and posting this on my 35th birthday. After suffering hair-loss for 20 years, I feel like I cannot wait any longer. I am considering HT and have done countless hours of research on forums like these. I'm a NW 3/3V. I live and work in NYC but am willing to travel anywhere for the best results. But I still don't know who to go to.

I have checked out a lot of ISHRS doctors, Golden/Platinum follicle award winners. I am still at a loss since that narrows the pool to a few hundred doctors. A few doctors I have shortlisted are Feriduni, Hassan/Wong, Feller, Wesley, Sharon Keane, Gho. I feel like every time I do more research I end up adding another doc to my list.

Any suggestions would be welcome. Thank you.

5b32dbd124f3e_HairLossPic.jpg.bbcec3f39ec9cfa23b9416c3aa0a99a0.jpg

5b32dbd13224a_RightSide.jpg.a9b27b949e9bcbc4a67e4e0042f54bc0.jpg

5b32dbd18baa4_LeftSide.jpg.9b6a3754254f49c83fad26685a1bdb43.jpg

Vertex.jpg.c09ace2c3c2e6f922666bf6c9e17c817.jpg

Hi there,

You have definately come to the right place to research an ht. most people take a few months even longer deciding on wether to have an ht or not, do they take meds to slow the balding process down as well.

I would definately just take a little time to research and not put any pressure on yrself by wanting it by a certain date.

You can research all the docs on here, there is also a video section where u can here what the docs have to say about hairloss and surgery in general.

Good luck with yr research

Hair Transplant Dr Feller Oct 2011

Hair Transplant Dr Lorenzo June 2014

kebl2268,

Welcome! Ultimately, no one can choose your hair transplant surgeon for you. It does seem like you've taken the right first steps in researching hair transplants and quality hair restoration surgeons. Most of the doctors you've named above are recommended by our community. You may want to take a look at our list of recommended hair transplant surgeons and our criteria for recommending physicians.

Living in NYC, you have a number of excellent surgeons on your doorstep. Since you are willing and able to travel for your procedure, you can choose from a wider pool so I would recommend setting up free online consultations with those doctors that interest you but are not in your immediate area.

You may find the following articles from our Hair Loss Q&A Blog of help.

How to Choose the Right Hair Transplant Doctor for You

What Type of Questions Should Patients Ask During a Hair Transplant Surgery Consultation?

Best of luck!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website